A New Dawn...[FM06]

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
lol feel sorry for sam with not many replies!

Some good answers, hopefully as the story goes on it will become more popular :)
great stuff rabz :clap

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
allardyceoutlooksv4.png

Sam had be scouring the transfer market for a few days now with little success. Until his offer to Benfica for Ricardo Rocha was accepted. He then made a contact offer with Rocha and his agent and they came to an agreement. It was a good signing Sam thought, he thought that Rocha had
potential and good really stiffen up the back line. So that was that, Sam went into the 2nd leg with Deportivo with a little more satisfaction.

rochacopyvm6.png

Rocha in action for Benfica​

The dressing room, buzzing before the start of the match, everything felt good, though Sam was well aware that Depor were slightly in the driving seat. They had got an away goal, and he knew it was unlikely Newcastle would keep a clean sheet, they had to score. He wanted to play that way as well, he told the lads to try their best to keep it tight at the back but that all the players go out there with attacking intent from the off.

newvsdepor2ns7.png

The game started, and the first half dragged on, a lot of chances for Depor, but as of yet none put away. The second half went on, and Sam touched wood, and thought that maybe a clean sheet was on his hands, and Newcastle may have UEFA cup football this year. That was until, a mistake by Martins on the Half-Way gave a chance to Castro, who didn't waste this one, and slotted the ball into the side corner. Sam kicked the dugout, he wanted to make an impression and the last thing he wanted was Newcastle to be denied European football. He may a couple of subs, to try and get that all important goal, but the game finished 1-0 and Depor went through on away goals.

Match Overview

Match Player Ratings

Sam walked back, lonely, to the changing rooms, he wanted better things for this club, but he thought to himself, this is only the first season, and we've still got the Premiership. So he decided to leave the press out today, no one wanted him after a good result, after a bad result they're not getting him.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good signing there by Sam but a poor loss with not many chances! Hopefully better luck will come next match...

rabeta

News Team Member
Thanks a lot for the comment trev, anymore??

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Will you tend to play more defensively against stronger teams particaurly when playing away like: Aresenal, Man U, Chelsea and Everton :D

hassan

International Coach
Nice Story rabz loving it.
Man i loved playing 06, had a beast of a team...

Rabeta you seriously need to consider buying Carlos Magno (About £2 mill release clause) he is Brazilian about 19 at start of game and is amazing versatile right sided player can play RB,RM,ARM so good... he was so good for my team that i had to kick out some of my first team players at Arsenal....
he will do great....

oh and Striker... man if you can get around £8mil... buy Porcellis (18 start of the game) Brazilian forward, amazing young talent... bought him for Arsenal in Winter Transfer Market and he wacked in 21 goals by end of the season, he is a great header of the ball and natural finisher...

Hope you consider them

rabeta

News Team Member
allardyceoutlookrx3.png

Sam had done well the last couple of days, he had snatched two defenders for good money and he was feeling very pleased with himself. The first one was Richard Walker, who he signed from Crewe. He was very highly rated by the staff at Crewe, even though he is largely unknown to most the the Newcastle fans. This didn't worry big Sam, he knew he had signed a 24 year-old for good money, and Walker had the ability to improve vastly.

A couple of day later, Sam snapped an even better player. he highly rated Carlos Bocanegra and thought he could offer the side a lot. Carlos was exactly what the club needed, a defender who was versatile, consistent and who had the ability to improve as well, as he was only 26. This was a very good week for Newcastle's season, they now looked to have a more solid back line, and now Sam needed to get rid of the defenders he did not want.

So onto the game, it was a very big one as well, and the media were already claiming that this game would give an insight into how Newcastle would do this year. Allardyce did not want this though, he wanted to be given time to work with the squad, but he thought the pressure might be good, there was now no room for complacency.

He worked hard on picking a team, though he decided not to go with his new defenders, he did not want them to look like quick fixes. So he went with just a normal 4-4-2 and wanted to use the wings again, and make sure that the ball was getting into the most prized assets, Martins and Owen, they could cause Carragher so real problems with their pace.

newvslivhomenn1.png

The game started with a very quick tempo, it was going to be a good one, Sam could tell. It looked like he could be right as well, as only 14 minutes into the game, Martins scored. It was a very well worked move and the ball eventually got to Obafemi, and he sprinted past Carragher and slotted the ball in the far corner, past the helpless Reina. The Newcastle fans were up, out of their seats, Sam caught a glimpse of a fat man, taking his top off and waving iit in the air, while with the other hand scoffing down a scrumptious Geordie pie. What a start! It lasted like this for about another 15 minutes, but the Dirk Kuyt scored after some poor defending and Liverpool were now back on level terms. Not for long though, a Damien Duff scored a screamer from outside of the box just before half-time. What a goal! Again the Newcastle fans were up, rotating their flags in synchronization.

Sam went in a happy man at half time, they were on top! He was disappointed they had conceded but he knew that there were more goals in this game. He hoped they were for Newcastle. He didn't make any changes, and told the lads to carry on with the positive attitude.

However, they not long into the half did Dirk Kuyt really make a name for himself on his debut in the Premiership! He scored two in quick succession, very neatly put away goals, and that was his hat-trick, he was ecstatic, and his celebration showed it.

dirkkuythattrickyi8.png

It was a grim look on Sam's face though, he knew it would be hard to come back now. He brought on Dyer and Sibierski to try and liven things up, but it didn't work, Liverpool were comfortable at the end.

He walked back to the changing room, and told the lads to take the posities from the game, and there were quite a few. Yet again though, it was the defence that let the side down, hopefully the new signings will make instant impacts.

Game overview

Player Ratings

He walked down the isle, towards the press room, hopefully there would be the same amount of press as the last game, this time he didn't want to speak to them.

mediapressurequestionsua0.gif

Again this is your chance to be Geoff Shreeves and as the Post Match Questions. Please ask if you comment, oh and please comment as well :p.​

Last edited:

hassan

International Coach
Nice story so far Rabeta..
Not so sure about the signing of the defender from Crewe..

Oh and Btw did you look at those players which i suggested

rabeta

News Team Member
Nice story so far Rabeta..
Not so sure about the signing of the defender from Crewe..

Oh and Btw did you look at those players which i suggested

Cheers for your comment, yea I didn't see your previous comment but I wil definately look at the players you suggested, especially t eh first one. I don't know hwy I signed Walker, seriously it was about a week ago I signed him, don't knwo what I was thinking when I looked at his stats lol :p. I think it was becasue I was struggling for players before the first signing. Oh well, thanks again for the comment and yea I love playing 06. Hadn't played in a while, I remember my Deportivo team and it was quality, one the league a few times and the Champions league, Ivica Olic is class :rolleyes:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice and neat presentation Rabz! :) Impressive :hpraise

hassan

International Coach
Yeah man .. but i am serious about Carlos Magno... he is soo cheap but quality versatile young talent and if you have money and want a good physical striker,Porcellis is your man..

Would give you reps for your hard work, but have to spread some

rabeta

News Team Member
Yeah man .. but i am serious about Carlos Magno... he is soo cheap but quality versatile young talent and if you have money and want a good physical striker,Porcellis is your man..

Would give you reps for your hard work, but have to spread some

Thanks a lot for the advice on signings, Sam will have a look :p. np about the reps lol, I just gotta make these updates quicker lol, though I have a lot of exams at the moment, I will have to do it in my spare time if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread