AC09 file formats

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If like me, you look at the file formats almost straight after playing the game post about them here. We want to know the extension, what the files contain and how to edit them.
Chances are very high that will be no existing editors that work.

ajdude

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just looks like one big file named async.big.w32 in a subdirectory named "final". Weighs in at 543 MB. Sounds like a name of a virus tbh, "You have been infected with Trojan Horse async.big.w32" :p The intro videos are replaceable, oddly enough the sound of the Codies video for example will play while your own video plays, but no sound from the video you replaced it with will play at all.

Haha, awesome, "front-end_video.wmv" is the background of the main menu, the slo-mo cricketers in black and white, so I'm guessing the menu's just an overlay and the brown ████ colour of it is a filter of some sorts.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
async.big.w32 ?? hmm.....interesting..

may be the .w32 is irrelevant and its actually a .BIG file ??

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Or it is just a joke at EA's expense, you know all the Async load errors ;). I'd suggest that it is just a compressed archive of the game files to make editing the demo difficult, and that the full game might be different (as a single file containing everything isn't very efficient).

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or it is just a joke at EA's expense, you know all the Async load errors ;). I'd suggest that it is just a compressed archive of the game files to make editing the demo difficult, and that the full game might be different (as a single file containing everything isn't very efficient).

Haha, no demo over extender :p

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Ah damn no demo extender is pretty bad. Can anyone confirm this?

pingusten

Club Cricketer

This was the case with Empire Total War demo, everything used .pack files and simply needed extracting before modding could ensue. I would imagine a similar process is needed here.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
This was the case with Empire Total War demo, everything used .pack files and simply needed extracting before modding could ensue. I would imagine a similar process is needed here.
I wonder how to extract it... I am pretty sure none of the decompressing software's work

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think AbBh can get this done!!! After all he was the one who coded the demo extender for BLIC07. So... AbBh, where are you? :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Are you guys confident the full game can be edited (sounds, etc)? I don't mind about the demo - game comes out in eight days after all.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Demos and Original can have different file structure.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I looked at the files just now and they're all packed away in one place! Sounds like 'no-entry' to me, at least as far as the demo is concerned... :)

Users who are viewing this thread