AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

when i try to install the patch it says not compatible with installed verison:crying any idea why.

Me too.

Just to clarify, for hopefully the final time, the Gamesplanet and Steam releases are not distributed by Transmission. The copy protection used is implemented by the distributor, so most likely the patch will make it's way out after the full release, but you will get it from whoever you downloaded the game from. This has not yet been confirmed, and is therefore not guaranteed to happen.

However, if you downloaded the game to play illegally, you are:
- a thief;
- not welcome here; and
- going to need to obtain a real copy of the game before you can get the patch to work, and before you are welcome here again.

Me too.

Just to clarify, for hopefully the final time, the Gamesplanet and Steam releases are not distributed by Transmission. The copy protection used is implemented by the distributor, so most likely the patch will make it's way out after the full release, but you will get it from whoever you downloaded the game from. This has not yet been confirmed, and is therefore not guaranteed to happen.

However, if you downloaded the game to play illegally, you are:
- a thief;
- not welcome here; and
- going to need to obtain a real copy of the game before you can get the patch to work, and before you are welcome here again.

Wait Wait, so does this mean I have to go through all this trouble and patience for Steam to release the patch? I know I spent my money on it and still I can't enjoy what others can. I know it is not distributed by Transmission but they are the ones who released the patch and they should have enough sense to think that the online versions of the game will not support the patch.

hhhhiy u period space u ken knot mike funn oph mi ingleesh period space aalso comma vee nid nyew deescustion tread period

ken ju pleece..... ughm ughm, sorry! Can you please find a solution to the patch not being compatible with online version of the games. I bought mine from Steam and the patch doesn't work with it. I am saying this to yu since it says "Transmission Games Representative" under your name.

I already responded to this the other day, as have barmarmy and Jamie from Codemasters, so we're starting to go over old ground again. As we don't implement the DRM used for Steam or Gamesplanet distributions, it's simply not possible for us to provide a beta patch for you guys I'm afraid.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the final patch, so for that Codemasters will arrange for the patch to be delivered via Steam and Gamesplanet as well. Please keep in mind that even though owners of the retail DVD are able to download the patch, those of you who are unable to experience the beta in the vast majority of customers, as PS3 and Xbox 360 owners also have to wait for the final patch. Providing a beta for some owners is still going to deliver better results for everyone, because it's going to be pretty well tested and tuned for the final release that you'll all enjoy!

Also, we don't have a firm day for Open Beta 2, but it's likely to be less than a week away. Also, thanks for the great feedback and kind words guys, it's very much appreciated, and we're glad you are having so much fun! :banana2

Last edited:
Wait Wait, so does this mean I have to go through all this trouble and patience for Steam to release the patch? I know I spent my money on it and still I can't enjoy what others can. I know it is not distributed by Transmission but they are the ones who released the patch and they should have enough sense to think that the online versions of the game will not support the patch.

There's nothing they can do about it :crying

I already responded to this the other day, as have barmarmy and Jamie from Codemasters, so we're starting to go over old ground again. As we don't implement the DRM used for Steam or Gamesplanet distributions, it's simply not possible for us to provide a beta patch for you guys I'm afraid.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the final patch, so for that Codemasters will arrange for the patch to be delivered via Steam and Gamesplanet as well. Please keep in mind that even though owners of the retail DVD are able to download the patch, those of you who are unable to experience the beta in the vast majority of customers, as PS3 and Xbox 360 owners also have to wait for the final patch. Providing a beta for some owners is still going to deliver better results for everyone, because it's going to be pretty well tested and tuned for the final release that you'll all enjoy!

Also, we don't have a firm day for Open Beta 2, but it's likely to be less than a week away. Also, thanks for the great feedback and kind words guys, it's very much appreciated, and we're glad you are having so much fun! :banana2

so you'll be rectifying the easiness of the batting and now it also seems bowling. we want them to be able to get 400 on average in a test and 280 in ODI.

Wow.

You're only in the same boat as us console players. The repetitive nature of some of these posts had lead me to believe that the lack of a patch for some may be the end of the world. Patience is truly a virtue.

If you've bought the game legally then I'm sure a solution will become available. In the mean time, act like the majority of us consolers and have a Kit Kat or summat.

Wow.

You're only in the same boat as us console players. The repetitive nature of some of these posts had lead me to believe that the lack of a patch for some may be the end of the world. Patience is truly a virtue.

If you've bought the game legally then I'm sure a solution will become available. In the mean time, act like the majority of us consolers and have a Kit Kat or summat.

The worst part is that the PC final patch comes out before the console one, so their patience is even less. I don't really know what they're complaining about.

I'll say it again, it doesn't matter how realistic it is, if it is too easy it won't last long. Normal mode should be just right and Hard should be too hard at first. Then when you get the hang of it, you move to hard, but still have competitive AI. hard shouldn't be just right at first coz when you get used to it its too easy

THIS IS THE ONLY thing that this patch should be about

Yes, the game is a right laugh now, mate! I especially enjoy bowling with spinners, whereas before, that was just annoying and frustrating.

Good post, after all that is the purpose of a beta - to get as many people as possible to test the patch.

Since you're here, the things that need sorting out the most for me are:

1. The AI are now too cautious when running. :D We need to strike that fine balance between the AI taking runs when sensible, but not going mad about it.

2. The front foot/back foot bug is still there - I had a ball bowled full and tried a frontfoot leg glance, but the game got out a big hoik of a backfoot pull and of course, that got me out.

3. LBWs are still very odd. They appeal for balls that are clearly missing, whereas those that are clearly hitting are often given as 'edges', when they were definitely not edges. :)

4. The AI often bowl a whole over in the same (bad) area, such as a whole over of short balls that are asking to be hooked/pulled, or a whole over of full tosses.

5. And of course, some people are getting 'freezing' issues, but I'm not one of them, so I can't comment on it.

Great job though, you really have improved this game so much!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I'll say it again, it doesn't matter how realistic it is, if it is too easy it won't last long. Normal mode should be just right and Hard should be too hard at first. Then when you get the hang of it, you move to hard, but still have competitive AI. hard shouldn't be just right at first coz when you get used to it its too easy

THIS IS THE ONLY thing that this patch should be about

I think that would just end up with 'Hard' being way too hard!

But maybe the speed the ball moves at (on screen, not how fast the game says the ball's going) could be sped up a bit for hard?

Last edited:
final patch will support

ok,so here is the email reply i have got from the Codemasters..

i also bought the game online from a popular website and the beta patch showd me the installed game not supported with the patch...and thus they replied

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

I'm afraid the beta patch is not compatible with all versions of the game, we are however looking into this for the full patch.

More information regarding the patch can be found on the PlanetCricket forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=**********

Or **********************

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

Just when I'd all but given up on cricket sim games (went back to ICC 2009).. Patch looks brilliant. Going to order this asap. The pirates are pretty annoying. Finally someone makes a cricket game worth buying. Just pay for it jesus. I hope the patch doesn't work on pirated copies.

Just when I'd all but given up on cricket sim games (went back to ICC 2009).. Patch looks brilliant. Going to order this asap. The pirates are pretty annoying. Finally someone makes a cricket game worth buying. Just pay for it jesus. I hope the patch doesn't work on pirated copies.

Trust me it Wont :)

Users who are viewing this thread