Academies

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Online Cricket Games Owned
How good are peoples academies atm??

Mine are at satisfactory and are improving. Got to be closing in on good by now.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Senior Academy: lavish (improving+)
Youth Academy: non-existent (steady)

Not investing in my youth academy means I have more spending power and don't have to bother buying youths (I can spend all my cash on seniors)or setting orders for youths(I use suggested line-up). I just sell all decent YP's, sell all my youths when they turn 19 and buy new ones for 1 K each season so I can train them and then sell them again at 19. Usually I make a decent profit.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I want a decent Youth Academy and Youth System. I'm usually not active enough to scour the TM, so I'd much rather have a team filled with home-grown players.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
How do you guys invest so much. I go broke if I start to invest. My $105,915 player wages probably doesn't help.

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
another factor you may have over looked (not sure if it still applies) is which country you are in. some countries have a lower amount of investment needed to maintain a certain level for academies.

south africa isn't too bad i don't think.

does anyone know how much quicker the higher levels of academies train players than the lower ones?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
another factor you may have over looked (not sure if it still applies) is which country you are in. some countries have a lower amount of investment needed to maintain a certain level for academies.

south africa isn't too bad i don't think.

does anyone know how much quicker the higher levels of academies train players than the lower ones?

I think it's around a week for each level, so over a few seasons it can make a big difference.

This season they changed it, there's one global average now.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I'd thought your academies would be absolutely brilliant.

Senior Academy: Inadequate (Improving)
Youth Academy: Inadequate (Improving)

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Senior Academy reasonable (improving)
Youth Academy reasonable (improving)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
What. When my wages are so damn high, I can't if I don't want to lose 50,000 a week. I'm investing 14,000 a week in Youth and $17,000 for this week so it hopefully improves to reasonable soon.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A post by Ste a while back suggests a good academy gives you a good youth pull every week which could in turn pay back the losses and then start making you money. My money is going no where atm so I'm definitely considering doing that once my players become good enough to make me a sizable profit.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
According to the game rules:

Each week you are able to recruit a new player into your youth squad. There is a large random element involved regarding the skills of a new recruit. Having a higher youth academy level will increase the chances of recruiting a star of the future.

Users who are viewing this thread