Requests Accepted Additional Names

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you grown tired of managing a lower nation competing in one of the World Cricket Leagues and to find that all of their players are named either Awan, Romero, Roopnarine or Bartley with little variation?

I certainly have, and that's why I decided to go about creating some additional names for countries. It doesn't feel right managing certain nations to have every single player with a name like this.

I have only just started this project, but wanted to post it up as early as possible so I can get some requests. Over time, I will be doing many different nations and adding more realistic first and last names so that the regenerated players can finally have some decent names.

I've only done Nigeria, but now for example my new players' names won't be something like Chris Barker or Thomas Leeming - instead, new players might be named Emmanuel Chinwo or Victor Ekeji.

Please request a country! I will create a file with heaps more first names and surnames so your regens can have some originality, and additionally I will be posting many files up as I make them.

To put them in your game, simply download the file and copy the two files into C:\Program Files\Cricket Coach 2009\db\2009\names.

Here's the first upload. Many to come! Get requesting!

Downloads:
Nigeria (432 first names, 1171 surnames)
Japan (532 first names, 829 surnames)
Italy (540 first names, 1117 surnames)

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
italy and germany please, two countries i never believed would play cricket.

blake

School Cricketer
It's great that you never believed they would play cricket, but do you actually have CC09 and will actually play saves with Italy and Germany if I do this? Or do you just want to see me make these for fun, and see how many names I can come up with.

Normally I would be fine making these, but I have my doubts with some people's requests.

harrisb

International Coach
It's great that you never believed they would play cricket, but do you actually have CC09 and will actually play saves with Italy and Germany if I do this? Or do you just want to see me make these for fun, and see how many names I can come up with.

Normally I would be fine making these, but I have my doubts with some people's requests.

Yeah, i honestly do have CC09, at the moment I keep on playing with Middlesex and doing an IPL after emptying the franchises, but it would be great to try and bring Italy and Germany up from the bottom onto the Test Scene.

harrisb

International Coach
thanks mate, and how do you make them so quickly, i was looking on the cricketcoach forum, and you made the japan ones very quickly. Then after looking at the Nigeria surname file, I saw that there was 1171 surnames, how do you do it so quickly.

harrisb

International Coach
wow, even so, where do you get the names from, or do you make them up as you go.

Thanks for the Italy files, can't wait to sit down and get the Italians to the top. Watch the story forum over the next few weeks.

blake

School Cricketer
████. I can barely write 80 words a minute.

I notched up around 155wpm on a one minute test with 100% accuracy... although it's pretty rare, and I could definitely not keep that sort of speed up normally. That's my best for full-on typing though.

Harris, I normally use Wikipedia to find lists of say Italian people and then use the males for first names and then everyone for surnames.

blake

School Cricketer
Chill, bro. It's not particularly exciting stuff to do, so I have to be reasonably motivated to do it in the first place. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread