Afl 2008

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
We all know the AFL Season is apon us. A great year is certain to be infront of us, what suprises do you rekon we'll see this year. WHho will step up in your team, who will retire at seasons end, so much to talk about.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't exactly say it's upon us just yet, but how can we not be excited. Will the cats begin a dynasty and win 2 in a row? We probably won't see the same dominance, but if they can keep it together and do well with injuries again, we should be able to be a force once again.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Adelaide - Will struggle this year. Even though it kills me to say it, but they will struggle this year. They have lost their greats in Ricciuto, Torney, Welsh and Perrie, they have all left the club. They will be looking for their younger players in VanBerlo, Knights, Porplyzia, Sellar to step up to the occasion and rise to the challenege. It's probably gunna be a down year, but in saying that, they will still make the 8. Although they will just make it through to the finals. There defence is still the best in the business, even with the departure of Torney, but with McLeod, Johncock, Stevens, Bock, Rutten and Basset it still looks a A-Grade backline.
Our midfield will have Thompson, VanBerlo and Knights you would think be the starters. Reilly, Shirley and Porplyzia will be the back bone group, probably along with Vince. Our forward line will be the problem, as it has been since Jarman left in 01. Not many goal kickers up there. Hentschel (who is coming off a knee reconstruction) Sellar (hasnt played a senior game) Stevens, McGregor, Burton and Porplyzia, who are all 20+ goals a year kinda of player, but it won't be enough.

Summary - We will make the 8, but only just.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
I hope Fremantle can make the 8 and put up a fight in the finals. the 2 games i am most looking forward to is the Cats friday night anzac day game (its on aus5892):). and the derby. should be a great season of football.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
As a bombers fan i have to admit the wooden spoon is looken good this year.

Drafties here we come.:p

Cats should win it again. It'll also be interesting to see how Carlton go!

Roofrom50

International Coach
For all you interested i'll be writing up a paragraph or 2 on every player in the AFL, team by team, what i rekon will happen and won't happen in 2008. Ladder positions and everything. Look out for this. Starting Alphabetical order, with Adelaide

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
My tip for the ladder:
1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. St. Kilda
6. West Coast
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Brisbane
9. Sydney
10. Kangaroos
11. Fremantle
12. Carlton
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Melbourne
16. Essendon

Roofrom50

International Coach
My tip for the ladder:
1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. St. Kilda
6. West Coast
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Brisbane
9. Sydney
10. Kangaroos
11. Fremantle
12. Carlton
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Melbourne
16. Essendon

Interesting you have Carlton ahead of Adelaide. And Hawthorn in your top 4. A few suprises there

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Adelaide are too old, Carlton are developing and Hawthorn will be a force with their young list developing and improving. Don't see much for Adelaide. The Dogs could come back this year though.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Adelaide are too old, Carlton are developing and Hawthorn will be a force with their young list developing and improving. Don't see much for Adelaide. The Dogs could come back this year though.

I respect your opinion, but how can we be too old, we just cleaned out our older players. Ricciuto (32), Torney (31), Hudson (30), Bode (28), Perrie (28), Welsh (29)

We got rid of all them older players, the only old-ish players we have now will be McLeod (31), Goodwin (30), Bassett (31), Biglands (30), Edwards (30)

Fr0sty

School Cricketer
My tip for the ladder:
1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. St. Kilda
6. West Coast
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Brisbane
9. Sydney
10. Kangaroos
11. Fremantle
12. Carlton
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Melbourne
16. Essendon
I agree with Adelaide down the bottom. They have lost a lot of their core players either to retirement or to other clubs. Also they have an old list and really need to look to the future. Their premiership window has passed. Only changes I would have is Fremantle making the eight, Port Adelaide in the bottom half of the 8 and West Coast up in the top four. Yes, they have lost Cousins and Judd, but their midfield is still quality and will step up.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Well Adelaide have smashed the pies. Good news for freo coz they are taking on the pies at the 'G' first round. Freo V Eagles on sunday. Gonna be a scorcher 39. WOW.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Hawthorn will be massive improvers this year losing only about 5 games but come finals time the inexperience will be too much to win them a flag.
Eagles now have a average midfield with just kerr the superstar and still have a crap forward line.
Only reason they will make top 8 is because they have great defence and coz vic teams cant travel an struggle to win here.

Places 6-12 could finish in any order it will be very close between all them teams to see who finishes where

Geelong :(
Hawthorn
Fremantle :) :happy
St kilda
Adelaide
West Coast :boxing
Brisbane
Collingwood
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs