Afl 2008

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah but they have noone else plus they would like to play waites up forward to take some pressure of fevola.

Gonna be another lean year for carltank.

Roofrom50

International Coach
yeah but they have noone else plus they would like to play waites up forward to take some pressure of fevola.

Gonna be another lean year for carltank.

Thornton, Saddington, Jameson all look very capable in defence this year

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Thornton, Saddington, Jameson all look very capable in defence this year
Two games isn't much (especially considering the second) and they've yet to face a fully manned forward line, let alone four quarters of Jonathan Brown.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Two games isn't much (especially considering the second) and they've yet to face a fully manned forward line, let alone four quarters of Jonathan Brown.

I totally agree, but signs are looking good for Carlton early in the NAB Cup, even though it is the NAB Cup, they have looked better this year, then past years you gotta admit.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Woodern Spooners you mean?

Matthew Knights? Lol.

You have no chance of making the 8 IMO. Freo for top 4. ;)

defiently not premiers i agree there.

But im pretty certain they'll make the 8. They look a much better side from last season without there 2 masters (hird and sheeds)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I totally agree, but signs are looking good for Carlton early in the NAB Cup, even though it is the NAB Cup, they have looked better this year, then past years you gotta admit.
In past years they've been more successful at the preseason...

lol Freo

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
In past years they've been more successful at the preseason...

lol Freo

Who, the bombers?? No they havnt, they have bombed out first round for the past few.

But seriously the bombers are looking quite impressive, and this is coming from a supporter ripping up his membership last year swearing i would never watch another game.

They have finnaly moulded some nice fast midfielders, and the people who are saying we have no chance obviously didnt watch us play againt the Bulldogs with half our team. There ability to run the ball with pace was just awesome to watch, i couldnt actually believe i was watching the bombers!!!

But yet again, that fact that Carlton won the nab cup last year just constantly sits in my mind:)

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Pretty sure essendon looked this good last year in the preseason also.

But come the real stuff they will struggle wont be near the bottom aslong as lucas an lloyd play atleast 75% of the games.

International Coach
Pretty sure essendon looked this good last year in the preseason also.

But come the real stuff they will struggle wont be near the bottom aslong as lucas an lloyd play atleast 75% of the games.
It was a different type of 'good'. It was the same old 'good' peformances we threw in here and there. We actually started last season very very well until there were injurys here and there and the older players obviosuly couldnt run out matches, yet Sheedy insisted playing them.

They just seem so much younger and enthusiastic which i havnt seen since the famous 2000 season, thats the only reason im excited. If i recall last year i wasnt that excited because there wasnt anything "new".

But it doesnt matter really. I dont see anyone beating Geelong again. There got some fantastic youngsters aswell.

Ther hawkers will definetly be up there aswell. Good to see finnally Victorian teams making a comback as to the dominant side of the AFL.

A team which hasnt been mentioned yet is Collingwood. I can see them having a crap year, their backline is shot now...

Roofrom50

International Coach
I dont see Collingwood having a crap year. They still have a dominant enough midfield and forward line to keep them going throughout the year

The Majestic

Club Cricketer
Our backline is the same as it was last season, we didn't have Clement, or Presti for most of the season and Clement wasn't exactly dominate when he did play. The only difference for our backline this season is Presti will play though from all reports I have heard he will not play round one. Our pre-seasons haven't been a good indicator of how we will go as most of our senior players don't play.well in the senior side at least. ;)

Nab Challenge Cup Praccy Match result from Today's game at MC Labour Park

Final Score

Port: 15 11 101
Pies: 9 12 66

Collingwood's VFL side will be playing Tasmania in Tassie on March 13th at North Hobart Oval, game starts at midday I am hopefully going to get to Hobart to see it...since it's a 6 hour drive to Hobart from here.

Last edited:

International Coach
Another loss ey!

Anyway congrats to StKilda for making the NAB grand final. Even though the umpires gifted them the game! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread