Afro-Asia Cup

saurabh2185

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the way super-sub steve tikolo played that made T.odoyo coming at no.11 having scored 2 50's in his career that the first time i have seen a no.11 batsman of that potential

Indiangod

International Coach
Africa had depth in thier batting , they can afford to take riscks earlier on , and still have quality players left. I think inzmaman was giving the other lads a chance at the top order , thats why he came so low down the order.

saurabh2185

International Cricketer
look at the difference between africa's no.11 and asia'a no.11 Think of the 1'st match needing 3 from 2 overs

Dhoni

School Cricketer
saurabh2185 said:
look at the difference between africa's no.11 and asia'a no.11 Think of the 1'st match needing 3 from 2 overs
Africa got all the players in the line-up who can bat. In Asian team, Nehra and Murli can't bat, but Z. Khan, Kumble and Shoaib Akhtar can bat pretty well. Today if Africa needed 3 from 2 overs or even 10 from 2 overs they still would have won that. Hope Asia win tomorrow. Sehwag and Afridi will have to bat till 10 overs. :happy can't wait for tomorrow's match.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The dream pair of Afridi and Sehwag didn't last long today.

Well tomorrow it will be a contest. Tomorrow will Greame Smith return into the squad (after a ban) and he is a difference maker.

And it was good to see the class of the Sri Lankans batsmen. :cool:

JamesyJames3

International Coach
This competition is a pretty poor idea in my opinion. The African team is simply the South African team with a couple of additions. Would have been better could they of got Flower brothers to play this one off, or Strang.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
JamesyJames3 said:
This competition is a pretty poor idea in my opinion. The African team is simply the South African team with a couple of additions. Would have been better could they of got Flower brothers to play this one off, or Strang.
But Streak played today. He bowled poorly, but batted pretty well.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Match Delayed
Africa XI Won The Tos & Elected To Field First

Africa XI 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Jacques Rudolph, 5 Ashwell Prince, 6 Justin Kemp, 7 Tatenda Taibu (wk), 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Heath Streak, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Monde Zondeki. Super sub: Thomas Odoyo.

Asia XI 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Shahid Afridi, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 4 Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Yousuf Youhana, 6 Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), 7 Mohammad Ashraful, 8 Abdul Razzaq, 9 Zaheer Khan, 10 Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Shoaib Akhtar. Super sub: Ashish Nehra.

http://content.cricinfo.com/afroasiacup/content/story/216692.html

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Latest news:

There is a slight drizzle third umpire on the park to have a look,ground staff called to remove covers again.

Hopefully the game will start.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
scorpion_rulezz said:
Africa XI 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Jacques Rudolph, 5 Ashwell Prince, 6 Justin Kemp, 7 Tatenda Taibu (wk), 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Heath Streak, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Monde Zondeki. Super sub: Thomas Odoyo.
What happened to everyone in the African squad getting at least one game?

Users who are viewing this thread