AI patch is now ready - Need testers

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by msamina
FishBowlMan,

I don't know how this would affect the CPU's decision making, but it does seem to - somehow. How else can you explain the fact that with the same patch, one person experiences the problem and others don't. It is difficult to image, but can happen.

I'm not entirely sure I can explain this msamina. My graphics settings have remained the same for all the patches / AI exe's that I have tried. This is the first AI that I have had this trouble with. I will try some different graphics settings and see if it affects the real-time and autoplay settings as well. It is also possible that various tweakings in the config may affect other unexpected things as well. Maybe I need to play with the config editor for a bit.

You mentioned that you had this problem before with a patch but "Ravi fixed it". What did he do?

John.

Last edited:

shameel

School Cricketer
none of the fixes worked, fixing the graphics would mean playing around with windows graphics right?

msamina

Club Cricketer
Ravi modified the 'stroke' files - I believe that is what he said he did at that time.

shameel

School Cricketer
modifying the stroke file didnt help, the batsmen were still leaving the straight balls

potter

School Cricketer
try changing the bat window size just make it bigger a bit at a time ithink you might find it will help,prob with that is makes batting easier for the player might have to change back when you are batting???? try anyway.

shameel

School Cricketer
nope nope nothing is helping, please please someone find some solution to this stupid leaving problem

crick4life

International Cricketer
The only suggestion I can make is do a fresh install and then apply the patch :( . Its a pain but because this problem is not consistent among people there aint any avenues for fixing this issue :( . Forget about patch 9, I have never ever have had this issue. On a happy note, there are few other guys like Tutsi/Ragada coming up with few AI patches:cool:, you may want to try those if this isnt working for you. I am now looking forward to being a user than a producer of patches :p .

shameel

School Cricketer
ive tried installing again a hundred times, didnt work, so im playing on regular hard now

Radaga

International Coach
Originally posted by crick4life
The only suggestion I can make is do a fresh install and then apply the patch :( . Its a pain but because this problem is not consistent among people there aint any avenues for fixing this issue :( . Forget about patch 9, I have never ever have had this issue. On a happy note, there are few other guys like Tutsi/Ragada coming up with few AI patches:cool:, you may want to try those if this isnt working for you. I am now looking forward to being a user than a producer of patches :p .
It will be sad to see you stop making patches Ravi, you have made a lot of briliant patches, i dont think myself or Tutsi will ever get anywhere near your standard!

Anyway thanks for all of the great patches!
i remember back to Cricket 2002, i think i played that patch non stop for the whole Christmas holidays! (6 weeks)

jonah

International Coach
Yeah I agree Tim. A big, big thanks to Ravi for all his patches. Without them both c2k2 and c2k4 would've been forgotten, by me at least, in no time.
Thanks again mate:) .

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Hi folks,

Think I have found the solution to my problem at least. In a thread from tutsi - patch version 2.0 several config questions have been answered by Ravi. One mentioning a patch where batsmen left lots of straight balls.

The item 'batwindowcentre' was mentioned as the cause. I have adjusted this up slightly and seems to have cured the problem. Realistic play again - even during Autoplay. Trescothic now gets runs rather than being out LBW cheaply every time. Perhaps that's what is happening to him in the W. Indies at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for all your earlier help and suggestions.

John.

Radaga

International Coach
yes, could you please tell us?

shameel commented about it in my patch too, so it wuld be good if we can fix it

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
This is very odd. I am now trying Tutsi's patch ver 3.0 which has the following values:

batwindowcentre : 0.0
batwindowsize : 14.0
batwindowIdealsize : 2.0

This makes no sense compared to Ravi's patch for which I cannot remember the values, but the problem was the batwindowcentre set too low. Obviously 0.0 is the lowest you can get, but with tutsi's patch it does not seem to matter.

Using Ravi's patch I would suggest experimenting and setting the batwindowcentre value progressively higher (+0.1 at a time) until you find a value that works for you.

With Tutsi's patch, there must be a (or some) other value(s) set differently somewhere else that is making up for the batwindowcentre = 0.

I hope that explanation makes sense - I do not fully understand what is happening myself. I will continue to tweak as I have suddenly produced a cpu vs cpu test that is scoring at 14 runs / over!!! Welcome to artificial intelligence!!!

John.

Prakash

Executive member
i had a issue with cpu leaving the ball, then i managed to import only the config and cpu pacing files of version 9 and it got solved :D

Users who are viewing this thread