AI patch is now ready - Need testers

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi RAVI,

Your patch 9.0 BETA is great but i have few suggestions. The ball travels very slowly in the outfiled for all types of pitches, i want to make the ball travel faster in normal, hard , dry, dusty and green pitches both in the inner circle & in outfield , could you please tell me how to do this, also tell me how to get edges to slips if i bowl as there is very less edges in your patch version 9

babai

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well ravi the only way i see to get edges now is to increase the values of edges in the "stroke values" in the gob file.

but without a stroke editor, it is next to immpossible to know which values refer to which shot.

unless you have a trick to identify them.

shameel

School Cricketer
what is better...version 8 or 9? dont know which one to download..just want more realistic gameplay and more realistic scores...so what is it..8 or 9??

Bryer

School Cricketer
Originally posted by crick4life
Bryer the Version 9 works well with Sam's exe and not with original Cricket 2004 exe. I can assure you its very realistic only when used with Sam's exe. You can find Sam's exe in the download section. I suggest you continue to use Ver 6 if you are not looking forward to using Sam's exe.

I do use sam's exe

shameel

School Cricketer
when i install version 8, zaheer khan bowls right handed off spin and doesnt have a name..could someone please help me fix this

cornjoelio

School Cricketer
great patch mate
one problem though...a few shots are a little weird now
e.g. an outside edge outside off stump somehow goes around the outside of the bat and flies off to fine leg
off drives go very square, and cover drives go behind square off a well timed shot!
is that meant to happen?

shameel

School Cricketer
the pitch report is always skipped and it goes straight to the team linups...can someone please help me solve all the problems i have mentioned.,,

shameel

School Cricketer
HI, just wanted to give you some feedback on your v 9 patch. batting seems to be great, the only thing that could make it perfect would be if the ball could travel sl ightly faster through the outfield and if you could increase the number of edges..hardly any edges occour and when they do they usually go to fine leg instead of going to the slips

shameel

School Cricketer
could someone please do something about the leaving problem..its in all the versions from 6 to 9. the batsmen keep leaving straight deliveries

shameel

School Cricketer
i got sri lanka all out for 13, all runs were extras. the cpu leaves any ball on the stumps, specially in tests... please help, in one dayers its a bit better, but the cpu still leaves a number of balls on the stumps, someone please do something

msamina

Club Cricketer
Shameel,

The problem might have something to do with some of your graphics settings. I remember experiencing this problem with one of Ravi's patch but then he fixed it and the CPU does not leave any balls on the stumps anymore for me.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Also, about the problem with Zaheer Khan not having a name. I experience this issue sometimes. This seems to be a problem with the roster.pak file getting corrupted. I have a copy of the original roster.pak saved somewhere. If I replace my current roster.pak with the original then the problems seems to go away.

You can find the default roster.pak for download in the line-up editor (by prakash_ultimate) thread.

Are you playing in hard mode when the leaving problem occurs??

shameel

School Cricketer
yup, im playing on hard mode, my graphics settings for the game are 1024 by 800 32 bit, with shadows on, filtering trilinear, loc high, pitch detail high. anti aliasing is 4xs and antiscope filtering is 8x. i have a geforce 4 4200. any suggestions?

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by msamina
Shameel,

The problem might have something to do with some of your graphics settings. I remember experiencing this problem with one of Ravi's patch but then he fixed it and the CPU does not leave any balls on the stumps anymore for me.

How would this affect a cpu batsman's decision making? I have the same problem as shameel with batsmen leaving straight balls. Makes a nice change to be able to bowl someone, but bowling South Africa out twice for less than 40 in hard mode on a normal pitch is a bit excessive.

I can only surmise this, but I believe the problem is occurring on Autoplay as well. Many scores are way down, with a big shift towards bowled and LBW. Most tests are now over inside 2 days!

msamina

Club Cricketer
FishBowlMan,

I don't know how this would affect the CPU's decision making, but it does seem to - somehow. How else can you explain the fact that with the same patch, one person experiences the problem and others don't. It is difficult to image, but can happen.

I was even able to get over the wides issue by matching the game graphics settings with my CPU settings + using the config editor to adjust the minimum cursor size to be 0.05. Just adjusting the cursor size did not seem to help.

For example, I know of cases whether complex mathematical computations using the same mathematical model produces different results when run on the same AMD Processor more than once - not just slightly different results but highly different results. Another case is that crash testing softwares like LS Dyna produces highly variable results when the number of processors differ.

Users who are viewing this thread