AI patch is now ready - Need testers

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by crick4life
Tutsipoppy2, its not easy to suggest the edge value unless I can have a look at other attributes in your file. The edges also depend on swing/seam, weather, bat size, pos adjust, traj adjust and more. I will see what I can do though it may not be perfect but just that you will need to wait for a day or two for me to have a look at your files.

tnx a lot ravi.

i'm glad you replied to it.

plz help me as soon as possible.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi ravi,

when are u going to release the patch ver 9.0 complete edition, we are all eagerly waiting for the same. if anyone has the version 9.0 final patch from ravi could any one please send it my email id [email protected] as I am going to play the india pakistan odi match on cricket 2004 on saturday with ravi's patch!

babai

michaelwest

School Cricketer
Originally posted by robertporter474
is there much difference between the beta 9 version and the version 9 patch

The only difference will most likely be the fixing of any bugs and major problems in the beta. The 9.0 final version should be the released version with the fixes to the problems and should be the better version to run compared to the beta.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Ravi,

Today, I completed the match against Australia that I started. I batted first and scored 281 for 7 after 50 overs. The CPU did bowl very well, although there were 44 runs in wides.

Then, when I bowled I was trying to find a line where I could get the batsmen out. So, I tried different things and found that with fast bowlers, if I bowl short (around mid pitch) and with very less width, the CPU batsmen did mistime shots. But, when they did time it, it was either 4 or 6. So, I kept taking wickets even when they were scoring fast. After 11 overs, the CPU had scored 107 for 6. So, it appeared as though I was going to easily win the game. But, they recovered well and ended up scoring 217 all out after 43 overs. Also, if I continue to bowl yorker length deliveries using spinners without any flight, then the CPU batmen seemed to find it difficult to score. Using Sachin Tendulkar and following this line, I was able to maintain the run-rate during his overs to 2. I did not bowl like that with the other bowlers, though.

Also, I was wondering - did you have a chance to try out what I said in my earlier post; about the CPU scoring very well (better than hard) in 'medium' difficulty level ?? The above mentioned match though was played only using 'hard' mode.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Ravi,

I was playing with the game graphics settings and it seems as though I have found some setting using which the wides seem to have decreased drastically. In the last match that I played, the CPU only gave 15 runs in wides after 44 overs. Now, the batting also seems pretty difficult even with 1.5 for the Ideal Window Size.

Hero

Club Captain
Msamina,

Kindly explain us that what settings you have found that affected on wides and reduced it.Other thing is that Ravi is so silent,may be very busy.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Hero,

Initially, my system settings were 1024 x 768 while the game settings were 800 x 600 when was experiencing this wides issue.

After trying various settings, when I matched the game settings with my system settings + reducing the minimum cursor size using the CFG editor to 0.05 caused the wides to decrease.

Also, I did not see the effect in a saved game that I resumed. I only noticed this when I started a new series after a fresh loading of the game.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

I hope RAVI is too busy nowadays so he is not visitinng the forum, anyone if having RAVI'S latest Version 9.0 final update patch please upload the same here so those who don't have the same could also enjoy the same. Hope someome will upload the same here.

thanks,
babai

groobz

Club Cricketer
Didn't ravi say he was going to release it like a week ago? either way doesn't worry me i'm quite happy with 8 at the moment

crick4life

International Cricketer
As you guys guessed I have been quite busy over the last few days and sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Attached is the file i.e the latest Ver 9 patch, please have a go and if any issues let me know. Also if people find batting too easy then please follow some of the tweaks using the cfg editor. The tweaks can be found just a few replies above probably the one addressed to Ragada.

Attachments

• cricket_2004_ai_updates_9.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 959

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
ravi also solve this problem.....

i have no problem at all with spin and swing....but this seam thing is blowing my head off.

no matter what I AND CPU does....no seam movement even at a green pitch. the cpu does get some seam movement and that too very very often only at green pitch. but i am not able to move it .

help...coz without seam....fast bowlers s**ks.

Bryer

School Cricketer
Just out of interest does this patch auto install? or can I update from AI 6 thats available on Cricket2004.co.uk? I'm a little confused as to how to install. Any help would be great, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread