AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by potter
I notice your only into the third day, and have scored nearly a 1000 runs , and 34 wickets have fallen,i have been playing in hard with the patch and feel everything is still to quick,i think more 1s 2s and 3s would make the game more realistic,please dont get me wrong im not critisising anyone just adding an opinion,i find batting hard with the patch and get a lot of runs with some wierd edges,when i do time a shot it flies,can the fields be edited so the pace of them varies eg slow outfield med fast ect,maybe more reguler edges along the ground,also any hope of fixing the editor so you can pick your own sides,as i said im not being smart just adding an opinion.

We dont start reckoning you are trying to be smart just because you voice your opinion. You dont have to worry about it. What I would wish to tell you though is that if you are not able to time your shots you may better want to try your hand on medium level. I am not sure what game you were refering to when you said 1000 runs in 3 days. In case you were refering to Ashwin's test match then he is infact enjoying it quite a lot and hes not too experienced yet playing with Ver 5+ In few days am sure he should be able to restrict the CPU to anywhere between 3-4 rpo in tests. The same goes with batting too, after a while you get used to it you would rather be wanting to make batting harder. With the new exe it is also not easy to wallop the opposition by scoring 5-6 an over even by an expert. Unfortunately the exe fix is not able to be uploaded here for you to understand what I am trying to say. If you ask me I have never had a better test match simulation than this one whether be batting or bowling in any of the previous cricket games(BLC/Cricket 2002). IMO no further changes are needed to the AI at all as even the edges have been tweaked to fall short at time in the Ver 6.0.

In ODIs though the CPU field settings badly need to be fixed. It has been frustrating to see I edge couple of shots through the slips (theres no slip or gully in ODIs anyway) but CPU places a useless bloody 3rd man in place only for a couple of balls. I agree ODI bowling is fun and batting is only fun post 15 overs. Keep fingers crossed, quite a few including me have been trying to crack these bugs. Some day we may just get lucky.

only problem i have with the gameplay (i have ver 5) ios the fact that i get soooooo many catches by close in fielders (not slips) off spinners

white got 5 wickets and clarke 3 in australia a vs zimbabwe 4 dayer and they were all out for 90 or so

against the pacement it was an even contest with only 1 wicket to tait and 2 runouts

but yeh the fact that they block it and it scoops up to close in fielders so much is a problem

I've been playing full county season with v.5 patch on medium diff.

I don't see that many edges at all, but I have been getting sides out easily at this level by bowling a longish length (lots of LBW and bowled decisions). In latter overs I bring on the spinners and clean up the tail with heaps of these catches to close in fielders.

I do take it that the patch updates work in county games?

Is it time to move up to hard and would the move up to hard result in less easy decisions? Thing is I still need work on my batting timing even at this level.

hi ravi can u put up a file which makes the 3.0a gob file straight into ver 6 please i really need it because i have 3.0a installed on my gob file and i did not back it up if it is easy for u please put the file up so i acn go straight to ver6

The catches off spinners is this on hard mode or just the normal mode. The edges in front of the wicket certainly can be tweaked with a little more feedback.

problem with ver 6?

i don't know if anyone has noticed yet but..

the zip file says ver 6

the 2 files within it say ... ver 6

but as you patch the gob file up the top it says ver 5.0!

so who do we believe?????????????

i agree with what was said above about the problem with the lack of running.

it works out very well when you play as australia vs some county english loser side. the fielders are slow and there are many opportunities to run 2 or 3

i no longer get run out any more but if we could slow down the fielders running aspect or the speed of the ground or the strength of the shots

then this game would rock even more

Dont worry about what it says when you patch it, it is Ver 6.0 if youve downloaded the V 6.0 zip file. I didnt have the patience to go through every information piece to change it to Ver 6.0 from 5.0.

Ravi,

I played couple of matches with the new batting exe file that you emailed me. I must say it does take the game to another level. Not able to see the swing and seam of the ball makes it really harder to judge deliveries. My first match I scored 250 in 50 over which you can say it?s my lowest score so far. There were plenty of catch out due to not knowing the pace and also lbw due to swing. Going on to play the second match I decided to play most of the shots driving the ball and not to take the aerial roof all the time. It turned out pretty good and end up scoring 302 all out in 48 overs. 6 wickets were lbws and rest of them were caught out. I really like this and it?s just a challenge now to become a master in this. I will be playing more on weekend and upcoming week and will provide you with more and better feedback. Hopefully by that time you will figure out how to hide the cursor and able to see at the last moment. That would make a game very very very very very very enjoyable and batsman will not have more time to move around the crease. Way to go Ravi, great work indeed.

Read on the above post regarding the edges in front of the wicket, there are plenty in hard level and most of time you will encounter this when your confidence meter is really high.

PS: I know this batting exe is only for batting only, because I tried bowling and w/o seeing the balling speed I kept on bowling no balls.

Thanks Rangeela and am happy you pretty much feel the same as I do with the seam/swing/speed hidden. If we can also make the cursor show up at the very last minute, that will be it for any more tweaking and we can start enjoying the game as it should be. Fingers crossed even the field settings may be sorted in near future.

I have to agree with Ravi.Of all the games that I have played this one is the most realistic in test matches.Cant comment on one day matches cos I havent played a full 50 over match yet. Your timing has to be perfect here otherwise you end up edging to the slips. The one thing that I have noticed though is that my batsman seem to get a larger proportion of their runs from boundaries.For eg in the first innings sachin scored 118 of 186 ball with 26 boundaries. The cPU innings is a mixed bag- the defensive players seem to score less from boundaries - like waugh .LEhman and gilchrist, hayden etc score a greater proportion from boundaries.
Maybe I am just playing too many shots? I am playing on a green pitch - do other pitches have damp outfields after rain for example?
I am currently 100/4 of 28 overs chasing 380 in the 4th innings. This damn default defensive stroke has popped up again , though not as often - but is very irritating- does it have to do with the timing of my shot?(Actually I noted this problem in c2002 as weel sometimes!) I have tried with 2 diff keyboards(initially i thought my keys were not responding) then tried with 2 diff gamepads!
One thing that I have noticed with the patch though is that the CPU confidence meter goes up faster and doesnt drop as quickly as ours(for eg when hit by a bouncer or if an edge is missed) Did you change this or is it just the game itself?

the patch is good but there is one problem, i was playing a 50 over one dayer and i quit after like 10 overs because in the 10 overs the other team got like 20 inside edges of my bowling, can this be fixed?

put in a leg slip :) That's wot i do, because you don't know where the ball will end up once it's been edged.

Really Kerry, thats a bit odd. That never happenned to me, what team were you playing against?

hi ravi can u put up a file which makes the 3.0a gob file straight into ver 6 please i really need it because i have 3.0a installed on my gob file and i did not back it up if it is easy for u please put the file up so i acn go straight to ver6

Users who are viewing this thread