All about computers.

R

rasi

Insha, you have a lot of programs running background. This should drastically reduce your performance. Goto Start menu > Run > msconfig

Goto the Startup tab. Uncheck all those programs which you don't use often, and reboot the computer. Also, remove unwanted shortcuts from the startmenu.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Iniyan i did what u told me but no improvement can u tell me some method to fasten my pc or download something to fasten my pc.Hey yesterday i downloaded a program from majorgeeks.com which can increase ur internet speed up to 5 times faster but i dont know how to tweak the inside things in it maybe u will know it by downloading it i will give the link.This is the link

R

rasi

You need to tweak your registry as well.
Try downloading System Mechanic. It is great for beginners and pros alike. You can clean the registry, remove unwanted files, fix shortcuts, customixe windows settings, speeds up tour connectivity, and a lot.

R

rasi

4. Optimising the swap file.

Inefficient use of the swap file could considerably slow down your system. One of the best ways to speed up the swap file usage is to create a permanent swap file. Ideally, create the swap file on a dedicated partition.
1. To configure the swap file size and location, open Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Performance > Virtual Memory. If you are using Windows XP, right click on My Computer > properties > Advanced > Performance > Advanced. Click on Change under Virtual memory.
2. Select the partition for the swap file.
3. Adjust the size of the swap file to around 2.5 times the amount of RAM on the system.

D

Duncan

does ne1 know much bout mice?

i hav a microsoft optical wheel scroll mouse and the usb connection keeps on disconnecting..

R

rasi

5. Bitmaps as icons.

You can preview bitmaps (BMP files) as icons in Explorer instead of the default icon of the application it is associated with.
1. Click Start > Run, type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture\
DefaultIcon
3. Double-click the Default string and change it's value to "%1" (without double-quotes).
4. Close the Registry Editor and restart
Windows.

imported_Hory

Club Cricketer
hi
can anyone tell me that how can I setup any picture as a background in sending a mail to anyone by using MSN hotmail?

imported_Hory

Club Cricketer
hi

how can i upgrade my yahoo by Yahoo Mail Plus? They are asking about credit card & I don't have any. Where can I get Yahoo Mail Plus free Or on any trial? :helpme:

imported_Hory

Club Cricketer
if the size of my hotmail account reaches a critical size , will my existing mails will be deleted? If yes then how can i save them? & what is the total size of a hotmail account?

Users who are viewing this thread