The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Indeed I did. Rookie error that as I was planning on going for Wiese

Will go back to the drawing board and make my pick in an hour or so
I too had Wiese on my list, but I did have a backup for him... Just have to hope you don't pick him because I don't have a backup for him

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
1640036417127.png

:saf: :bwl: Keshav Maharaj

19 wickets @ 31.68 (econ: 4.66, best 3/25) in 15 ODI matches

Keshav Maharaj definitely won't stay a scrub for much longer: he has proven himself to be an excellent one-day stock bowler, especially in helpful conditions (as demonstrated by his T20I economy rate of under six). Almost impossible to hit, he'll be a vital part of balancing our bowling attack. With the bat, he's arguably a place high at number eight but he is capable of biffing sixes and scores at more than a run a ball in ODIs.

1. :ind: :bat: Prithvi Shaw (6 caps)
2. :saf: :bat: Jimmy Cook (4 caps)
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice (3 caps)
8. :saf: :ar: Keshav Maharaj (15 caps)
9. :wi: :bwl: Sylvester Clarke (10 caps)
10. :sri: :bwl: Sajeewa de Silva (38 caps)
11. :aus: :bwl: Dirk Nannes (1 cap)
(77/100)

Sorry that the index isn't up to date - tomorrow job.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
01782-product.jpg

We'll go with Garth McKenzie's 'right-arm fast' to complement Schultz's 'left-arm fast' in the lineup.. For most part of the 1960s, McKenzie was Australia's pace spearhead and among the very best fast bowlers in the world, breaking the then record for most Test wickets in a calendar year with 71 at 24.46 apiece in 1964 to break Maurice Tate's 40-year old record. He was also the then youngest fast bowler to reach 100 wickets aged only 23, and later 200 wickets by the age of 27. But injuries, illness and a shocking loss of form which saw him claim just 1 wicket across 4 Tests in South Africa in 1969/70 saw his Test career fizz out with him stranded on 246 wickets, just two short of Richie Benaud's record tally of 248 for Australia. It was only at this stage of his career when he was arguably past his peak that he regularly started played List-A cricket for Leicestershire from 1969 to 1975, and still managed to claim 217 wickets at just 19.55 apiece whilst conceding at 3.38 runs per over - consequently bowling them to no fewer than four one-day trophies and their maiden County Championship title victory in his final year in 1975. He was also a pretty decent hard hitting tail-end bat too, with 18 fifties at first-class level and on at least one occasion helped Australia stave off defeat against South Africa in 1964/65 with a Test high score of 76. Australia's fast bowling riches in the early 1970s in the form of Dennis Lillee, Jeff Thomson, Gary Gilmour among others meant he ended up playing just the 1 ODI, Australia's first in the format. But I daresay he could have made for a valuable inclusion in their 1975 World Cup squad ahead of someone like Alan Hurst or Max Walker given his List-A experience and familiarity of English conditions which far exceeded that of any other Australian player active at the time.

VC's XI

1. :ind: :bat: Mayank Agarwal (5 caps)
3. :ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara (5 caps)
5. :wi: :ar: Garry Sobers (1 cap)
6. :nam: :ar: David Wiese (6 caps)
8. :saf: :ar: Steve Elworthy (39 caps)
9. :aus: :ar: Garth McKenzie (1 cap)
10 :wi: :bwl: Kenny Benjamin (26 caps)
11. :saf: :bwl: Brett Schultz (1 cap)

Total caps: 84/100

@Ed Smith

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
article-0-0647CA760000044D-523_634x433.jpg

:eng: :wk: Paul Nixon

297 runs @ 21.21 (SR: 85.59, best 49) and 23 dismissals (20 ct, 3 st) in 19 ODI matches

Paul Nixon was one of three fantastic English gloveman who bafflingly fell behind Geraint Jones in the pecking order. Of the three, he was my personal favourite - a combative and creative cricketer who also brought the very best out of those around him. Deserved many more than 19 ODI caps.

1. :ind: :bat: Prithvi Shaw (6 caps)
2. :saf: :bat: Jimmy Cook (4 caps)
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice (3 caps)
7. :eng: :wk: Paul Nixon (19 caps)
8. :saf: :ar: Keshav Maharaj (15 caps)
9. :wi: :bwl: Sylvester Clarke (10 caps)
10. :sri: :bwl: Sajeewa de Silva (38 caps)
11. :aus: :bwl: Dirk Nannes (1 cap)
(96/100)

@Till Valhalla

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
1. :aus: :bat: Bill Lawry
2. :aus: :wkb: Josh Philippe
3. :aus: :bat: Jamie Siddons
6. :ind: :ar: Washington Sundar
7. :ind: :wkb: Kiran More
8. :sri: :bwl: Chamika Karunarante
9. :nzf: :ar: John Bracewell
11. :eng: :bwl: Fred Titmus

Handy enough with the ball, handy enough with the bat, and A PACE BOWLER (adding to my prior total of zero).

@ahmedleo414

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Well since my next pick got taken, I'll make the only other pick I do not have a backup for Vijay Shankar

Vijay%20Shankar%20PTI-1559128299.jpg

His bio from cricinfo:

"A middle-order batsman who can grind attacks and bowl medium-pace, Vijay Shankar established himself as one of the key members of a Tamil Nadu side undergoing transition in 2014-15. Particularly strong off the pads, and with a fondness for driving on the up, Shankar made scores of 111, 82, 91, 103 in the Ranji Trophy knockouts to finish with 577 runs at 57.70 that season, after returning from a groin injury.

He was subsequently rewarded with an India A call up and made an unbeaten half-century on debut against an Australia A attack comprising Gurinder Sandhu, Andrew Fekete, Sean Abbott, and Steve O'Keefe. Shankar also impressed against South Africa A and aimed to become a genuine allrounder, instead of a batsman who can bowl part-time.

As a teenager Shankar had honed his skills on his terrace, which doubled up as a make-shift indoor net, with his father and brother Ajay, who played lower-division cricket in Tamil Nadu. Shankar bowled offspin until he was 20, but switched to medium-pace in a bid to break into a spin-heavy Tamil Nadu side.

At 21, he was handed his first-class debut against Vidarbha in Nagpur, where he scored 63 not out and took two wickets. He had to play understudy to a settled middle order, before his breakthrough season in 2014-15. He had to play understudy at Chennai Super Kings in the IPL as well, getting just a solitary game over three seasons. He was then bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2016 IPL auction."

1. :ind: :bat: Ashok Mankad (1 cap)
  2. :pak:/:usa: :bat: Sami Aslam (4 caps)
  3. ?
  4. :pak: :bat: Haider Ali (2 caps)
  5. ?
  6. :ind: :ar: Vijay Shankar (12 caps)
  7. ?
  8. :pak: :ar: Anwar Ali (22 caps)
  9. :nzf: :bwl: Kyle Jamieson (5 caps)
  10. :pak: :bwl: Mohammad Asif (38 caps)
  11. :wi: :bwl: Lance Gibbs (3 caps)
(87/100 caps used)

@ddrap14 back to you

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
1. :aus: :bat: Bill Lawry
2. :aus: :wkb: Josh Philippe
3. :aus: :bat: Jamie Siddons
4. :aus: :bat: Ben McDermott
6. :ind: :ar: Washington Sundar
7. :ind: :wkb: Kiran More
8. :sri: :bwl: Chamika Karunarante
9. :nzf: :ar: John Bracewell
11. :eng: :bwl: Fred Titmus

Cracking player, Ben - he regularly makes big scores at T20 level (and one day of course) but his finest ever innings was 113 against the Renegades in BBL|06. He almost singlehandedly made the Hurricanes break a world record that night (and they did, although he was dismissed about 30 runs short of the highest ever chase in history and it was that Australian hero Stuart Broad who scored the winning runs). Won't keep in my team but will serve a duty at four.

@Till Valhalla

Users who are viewing this thread