Draft: All-Time ODI Scrubs XI

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Not ignoring anything on here, but...wow what a week. Trinidad and Tobago is in a spike, and we got our first Omicron case the other day. Right now we have two fully vaccinated patients on ventilators (not Omicron) but the fact is that they were vaccinated and their lungs are shit. I'll pick when I pick. Can't really give more info than that at the moment.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not ignoring anything on here, but...wow what a week. Trinidad and Tobago is in a spike, and we got our first Omicron case the other day. Right now we have two fully vaccinated patients on ventilators (not Omicron) but the fact is that they were vaccinated and their lungs are shit. I'll pick when I pick. Can't really give more info than that at the moment.
Yeah nah, that's much more important than deciding whether or not to pick Alex Loudon. You're doing vital things

Aislabie

Ireland
nannes200thwicket153.ashx

:aus: :bwl: Dirk Nannes

1 wicket for 20 from 7 overs in 1 ODI match

My team needed a little bit of left-arm gas to go with the right-arm gas of Sylvester Clarke, and what a new ball pair they'll make - especially with Clive Rice first change. Not worrying yet about my cap count, although that could become a consideration soon.

1. :ind: :bat: Prithvi Shaw (6 caps)
2. :saf: :bat: Jimmy Cook (4 caps)
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice (3 caps)
9. :wi: :bwl: Sylvester Clarke (10 caps)
11. :aus: :bwl: Dirk Nannes (1 cap)
(24/100)

@Ed Smith

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
_6d505952-00db-11eb-ac80-07fcacbe9f14.jpg

A man who is firmly established at the top of the order in the Indian Test side alongside Rohit Sharma averaging nearly 50 after 16 Tests, Mayank Agarwal has the potential to be just as dominant in ODI cricket judging by his IPL performances and List-A average of nearly fifty whilst striking it at better than a run-a-ball. If only he didn't have to contend with the likes of Sharma, Dhawan, Rahul and Shaw for the same berths in the ODI team..

162665.3.jpg

At the peak of his fitness, Brett Schultz was a bowler who could terrorize batsmen with his pace on any given surface, as he demonstrated with his performances in one of the least pace-friendly nations in Sri Lanka in 1993 where his two five-wicket hauls bowled South Africa to their first away Test series win since readmission. His 136 wickets at just 18.44 apiece whilst conceding at only 3.74 runs per over showed he could have just as easily dominated ODI cricket in the manner of an Allan Donald or Shaun Pollock, if only his body had held up long enough..

VC's XI

1. :ind: :bat: Mayank Agarwal (5 caps)
3. :ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara (5 caps)
5. :wi: :ar: Garry Sobers (1 cap)
8. :saf: :ar: Steve Elworthy (39 caps)
10 :wi: :bwl: Kenny Benjamin (26 caps)
11. :saf: :bwl: Brett Schultz (1 cap)

Total caps: 77/100

@Ed Smith

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
How many outstanding picks do I have? Three? Got 80 caps so far.

Okay, I've got a left arm seamer, a right arm seamer. Time for some spin, so as to get every single type of bowler in the mix.

Axar Patel please, if he isn't already taken. That takes care of my left arm orthodox.

Devendra Bishoo for my leggie.

Ryan Sidebottom to add another left arm seamer into the mix alongside Bradshaw.

Can't quite write up these three guys, but yeah, I'll gladly have them. Need a left arm wrist spinner now to complete my total bowling attack.

(EDIT: Should take me past the 100. Need to look for one cap wonders now.)

Aislabie

Ireland
1639765578879.png

:sri: :bwl: Sajeewa de Silva

52 wickets @ 25.44 (econ: 4.90, best 3/18) in 38 ODI matches

I did need to get the cap count up a bit, and I'm going to do so by completing my seam attack. Sajeewa de Silva was a left-arm medium pace bowler with skilful changes of pace who didn't ever quite assert himself on international cricket. Regardless, he possessed a similar kind of skill-set to fellow ODI scrub Rumman Raees, both turning lack of pace into an asset in one-day cricket to make it difficult for batters to really come at them.

1. :ind: :bat: Prithvi Shaw (6 caps)
2. :saf: :bat: Jimmy Cook (4 caps)
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice (3 caps)
9. :wi: :bwl: Sylvester Clarke (10 caps)
10. :sri: :bwl: Sajeewa de Silva (38 caps)
11. :aus: :bwl: Dirk Nannes (1 cap)
(62/100)

@Till Valhalla

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Okay since Axar Patel was taken, let's just swap the bowling arm and go with another Patel, this one right arm offie. Jeet Patel from the Kiwis will get my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread