Alpha 0.2 Announcement and Pre-release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Instead of AI, could you just add an option for the CPU to deliver a basic ball (ie you set the line/length and then repeat that until the default is reassigned)? Basically just a macro for bowling rather than AI, just so someone could focus on batting.
Yeah, that would be better.:)

----------

or we can set a particular line and length and the bowler keeps bowling it?

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we at least have a feature to set the bowling cursor (line/length) and make the bowler repeatedly bowl there?

Update: Someone has already requested it! Guess I should start reading before posting :p

arun687

School Cricketer
or maybe CPU bowling random line and lengths.. this way the batsman won't be able to play predictive shots and we will get opportunity to test all possible shots as if in real match

+1. Maybe the range of length can be set between yorker length to short length and line to be within just outside off to leg stump. The actual values can be generated randomly for every ball within this range.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Instead of AI, could you just add an option for the CPU to deliver a basic ball (ie you set the line/length and then repeat that until the default is reassigned)? Basically just a macro for bowling rather than AI, just so someone could focus on batting.

or maybe CPU bowling random line and lengths.. this way the batsman won't be able to play predictive shots and we will get opportunity to test all possible shots as if in real match

Basically a really simple AI....well, easy enough to do for the bowler, in fact I think yes, can do this for 0.2

but the batting AI will not be so simple, which means if people want to practice the bowling it will have to be to a static batsman or do both batting and bowling like 0.1 alpha

harrisb

International Coach
Those questions aren't really about 0.2, they're about TAOC in general, but it's a good insight into how they're trying to develop the game over time.

Rezzo

School Cricketer
Basically a really simple AI....well, easy enough to do for the bowler, in fact I think yes, can do this for 0.2

but the batting AI will not be so simple, which means if people want to practice the bowling it will have to be to a static batsman or do both batting and bowling like 0.1 alpha

Great News!!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can we please have a timing meter in 0.2?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
sorry guys for the lack of update....the World Cup has been a huge distraction, especially once the QFs started. Today its india vs pakistan. who can afford to miss this! BUT, will be back into form again after the 2nd of April. ;)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I've given JK some time off for the World Cup :p but I'm still working away in the background. Already some great improvements done.

LM

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
wow

that target release date is pretty quick after Alpha 0.1 release.

before entering here I thought part 2 release date will be at least 6 months away :p but this is a pleasant surprise.

bangladeshboy

School Cricketer
How's Alpha 0.2 coming along guys ? :) doing such an admirable job, when this get released i hope you guys get great credit for your years of effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread