November 07 TAOC Video Released !

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
crap as in which sense ?? in terms of gfx or animations or gameplay or what ?
or just overall crap in all aspects ??

oh and do they know the circumstances in which we were building this game ?

Dont Worry. The Guys Who said Crap Are The Guys of Real Crap. They don't Do any work and Don't even know the Meaning of Crap.:mad:. Ask them to Make a Game like TAOC, Then they won't Be able to Re-make even a Bit of the pitch or a Pinch of the Grass. They all are 8 year old craps who try And Get to Throw others into Foul Mood.

BTW, About Graphics, The Players Models are Class, The External Textures Could be Worked on Guys(Like Trees, Sky, Etc;)(Not the Stadiums Though, They're Class!)....Maybe Hire Some Class Graphics Makers From PC....:cool::working:o....:D.

Maybe What let's a Bit down(just a bit) is The Crowd....Apart from that, You Guys are Really Better than EA Sports Cricket Series Team Who lie in Thousands of Workers. but, Only able to Satisfy Half of the People's Needs.

One Question: Can Bowling Variations Like Swing, Cutters, Slow balls, Seam Movement, Angle Changes Can be Shown in the Next or Upcoming Videos Please?:)....

Either Way, You're Above the EA And Codies Right Now and will stay Above the rest of them.:D.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Dont Worry. The Guys Who said Crap Are The Guys of Real Crap. They don't Do any work and Don't even know the Meaning of Crap.:mad:. Ask them to Make a Game like TAOC, Then they won't Be able to Re-make even a Bit of the pitch or a Pinch of the Grass. They all are 8 year old craps who try And Get to Throw others into Foul Mood.

BTW, About Graphics, The Players Models are Class, The External Textures Could be Worked on Guys(Like Trees, Sky, Etc;)(Not the Stadiums Though, They're Class!)....Maybe Hire Some Class Graphics Makers From PC....:cool::working:o....:D.

Maybe What let's a Bit down(just a bit) is The Crowd....Apart from that, You Guys are Really Better than EA Sports Cricket Series Team Who lie in Thousands of Workers. but, Only able to Satisfy Half of the People's Needs.

One Question: Can Bowling Variations Like Swing, Cutters, Slow balls, Seam Movement, Angle Changes Can be Shown in the Next or Upcoming Videos Please?:)....

Either Way, You're Above the EA And Codies Right Now and will stay Above the rest of them.:D.

thanx...yeah...crowd definitely needs some work i admit although its not a
priority atm...plus, it eats up a lot of FPS, needs to be animated
(still 2D crowd would look even more stupid than the current ones) etc...
will definitely work on this as the game progresses a great deal...
as of now...i think its best to ignore it....

you can see some of the swing,cutters etc in the previous vid i.e JULY 07 ;-)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?80zydnfu4y4

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Thanks Mate. Will check it.

Yeah, Work on what's needed now.:).

Once Again, Amazing works People.:D.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I would just like to make one point here - it is slightly off topic, but kind of on topic...you'll see what I mean.

To say that someone can't say something is crap because they wouldn't be able to do better themselves is not a valid point. I wouldn't be able to write a game as good as BLIC 2007, but I can still say it is crap as I have knowledge of cricket and of computer games, but not of making computer games.

I agree though, that people may make a judgement on a video of a game down to the quality of the graphics and animations, as (I think it was) whitehornmatt points out. Unless they really know what they are looking for it is hard to tell if a game is any good from a video. I'm sure most people who have played any amount of football games would be able to say whether a football game was any good from gameplay videos alone, and racing game nuts can probably tell if a new racing game is good or not from gameplay videos.

I would not be able to comment on how good a game is on a subject of which I know nothing, such as Noel Edmonds or rimming, so expect nothing of football fans commenting on a cricket game.

Allrounder18

Banned
First of we have to realize that people who saying the game is crap are casual cricket gamers who are happy with games like cricket 07 and BLIC 07/05 so from their point of view they are not wrong because the game really not much put up fight in graphical terms so leave it there cuz the game is made for hardcore gamers like us who want the significant gameplay terms rather than graphics.
I dont think that being harsh on the casual gamers is a good.

DiscoStu76

School Cricketer
Yeah totally! People will say 'oh its crap' because its easier to be negative like that.

To be honest I am astounded at what has been made so far and im a programmer by trade.

BIG UPS TO LM and JK!!!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Yeah, lets move off topic from the 'casual gamer' bashing ;) and back to the video lol

LM

Insomniac

Title Recipient
OK, one big thing I think that should be rectified is the ball size in the field.

Can't even find the little bugger!

Sorry if this point has already been brought up!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
That is a consequence of poor video quality, take a look at some still shots for a better idea of how it will appear when you are playing the game.

legend_master

That is a consequence of poor video quality, take a look at some still shots for a better idea of how it will appear when you are playing the game.

That's right, the video quality obscures the ball by 90% or so...i can guarantee that it is perfectly visible when playing for real. Mind you, i have already zoomed the camera in a tiny bit closer for the ball tracking after a shot is played

LM

lancashire666

International Coach
will there be a choice of camera angles? i know its not important but just wondered.

oh, and thats your 1000 post LM, well done

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
will there be a choice of camera angles? i know its not important but just wondered.

oh, and thats your 1000 post LM, well done

yup....i think there are around 10 camera angles atm....and theres also
the freecam like EA where you can maneuver anywhere inside the field :D

legend_master

yup....i think there are around 10 camera angles atm....and theres also
the freecam like EA where you can maneuver anywhere inside the field :D

However, can i clarify that the free cam is available at any time, rather than EA just when you are viewing a replay. Also EA's replay free cam is rather limited in tilt and zoom. TAOC is a totally free cam

lancashire666

International Coach
However, can i clarify that the free cam is available at any time, rather than EA just when you are viewing a replay. Also EA's replay free cam is rather limited in tilt and zoom. TAOC is a totally free cam

that sounds cool, i always mess about with the camera angles on every game i play so i can mess about to my hearts content on TAOC lol, i think when it comes out i may try batting with the camera at 3rd man :D

Users who are viewing this thread