JULY07 TAOC Official Video Released !!!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks great. One thing I'll say is:

The backlift is very quick and creates the illusion of no backlift at all.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love the video, its so amazing that a couple of guys from a Cricket Gaming site could even produce a video like this, and the hype is amazing!

I just want to see some better Fast bowler bowling animations, they don't have the "hop" before delivery.

Oh, and the stadiums and ad boards look fantastic!

But how come once the batsman has finished a shot, he just holds his pose? It just looks a little bit robotic and I reckon it could be fixed;)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Looks great. One thing I'll say is:

The backlift is very quick and creates the illusion of no backlift at all.

Forget what i said, the backlift is fine but the bowler's action needs to be sorted.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
This thread contains updates for the game most often. Batting and bowling are mostly complete. Currently, fielding and fixing misc. bugs are the main things on the agenda.

These two links will also help you out in finding info about the game.

Hamburgers

School Cricketer
Wow, was i the only one that thought it needed improvement? The bowling action isnt too good (especially the release), the batting action's foot movements seem off and the movements seem too sudden, which makes it seem like its unrealistic and glitchy. The batsmen also don't follow through with their shot correctly and freeze in that position after the shot is played. The speed of everything is off (the ball is slow after it comes out of the bowler's hand, the batsman's play is slow, and the ball zooms away. Also the ball seems to have ping-pong ball physics rather than cricket ball physics... Also, the bowler's runup is laughable. The crowd is also...I think you get my point on the crowd.

I mean, I appreciate what you guys are doing but I thought I'd sit here and criticize it so you can make it better by the time it comes out rather than just roll over like everyone else and just compliment it with no input at all.

Last edited:

pal

International Coach
It's easy to forget, but it's one guy doing everything after all. I would rather he concentrated on the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamburgers

School Cricketer
Well from videos that have fielding turned off, I really can't tell how good the gameplay is. I based all what I said on its presentation.

playkid12

Club Captain
Hamburgers, you're new, but that was a bit harsh man...I normally criticize stuff too but be careful with your words. These people are working very hard.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Wow, was i the only one that thought it needed improvement? The bowling action isnt too good (especially the release), the batting action's foot movements seem off and the movements seem too sudden, which makes it seem like its unrealistic and glitchy. The batsmen also don't follow through with their shot correctly and freeze in that position after the shot is played. The speed of everything is off (the ball is slow after it comes out of the bowler's hand, the batsman's play is slow, and the ball zooms away. Also the ball seems to have ping-pong ball physics rather than cricket ball physics... Also, the bowler's runup is laughable. The crowd is also...I think you get my point on the crowd.

I mean, I appreciate what you guys are doing but I thought I'd sit here and criticize it so you can make it better by the time it comes out rather than just roll over like everyone else and just compliment it with no input at all.
The thing is we have realised all of the above and are going to work on them in time. Once we get all the basics working (including the AI), there will be lots of work on the things above, right now the work is on the underneath stuff that will make the gameplay good, which is our focus, but that focus isn't mutually exclusive of fixing things like the run up.

Also about speed, that may be fraps' fault, the game runs at a slower speed when making those videos so everything looks slower than it really is (I can't tell you by how much, Paul can though)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
There doesn't need to be a rush to et these things sorted as long as they are. I would be happy with a mid-to-late 2008 release as long as the game is the best it can be.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

most of your criticism is based on the animations !! just so you know,
these are done by hand and not using motion capture...and its also been
done by only one guy who also has to focus on gameplay !!!
if you think you can do a better job, then you are most welcome !!

hmmm.....i might agree with the "speed of the ball after the release" to some extent! but the batsman playing slow ??? if at all, i should say he plays a bit fast !!
and ping-pong physics ?? you must be kidding right ?? even at this stage, it has better physics than EA and codies......

and about the crowd - we have tried improving it,but it resulted in killing
the performance of the game....so its been halted for the time being.
but it would definitely be worked upon in the later stages.

Last edited:

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer

i think the reason most people are not too harsh with the criticism is because of perspective and relativity. Simply put, people realise that this is an indie/underground project. We have 1% (if that) of the resources that commercial companies have - that goes for staff/skills/money/time - you name it. So i think the bottom line is 'it's pretty darn good considering what they are and what they have'. Just think about that before you let loose with so many crits and i think you'll probably come to the same conclusion. If not, heck, go play EA or Codies, no one's stopping you. Heck, what can you also expect from a game that's most likely gonna be offered for free??

Well from videos that have fielding turned off, I really can't tell how good the gameplay is. I based all what I said on its presentation.

er, fielding wasn't 'turned off' as you put it, it's still under development hence is not done yet, like a lot of things still to come.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The animation doesn't look too bad to me and I've only seen the earlier videos. People shouldn't slag someone off when they're trying to undertake such a massive project. Whatever happens, thanks mate for making the attempt to give us a decent cricket game. Also, there's nothing stopping people tweaking it once it's out...

One quick point: I hate that bit of commentary in EA Cricket: "That's a no-ball from XXXXX". It's totally unnecessary, I want it to be like the off-side goals in PES when you think you've scored, the game acts like you've scored only for the linesman to stick his flag up!

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
The animation doesn't look too bad to me and I've only seen the earlier videos. People shouldn't slag someone off when they're trying to undertake such a massive project. Whatever happens, thanks mate for making the attempt to give us a decent cricket game. Also, there's nothing stopping people tweaking it once it's out...

One quick point: I hate that bit of commentary in EA Cricket: "That's a no-ball from XXXXX". It's totally unnecessary, I want it to be like the off-side goals in PES when you think you've scored, the game acts like you've scored only for the linesman to stick his flag up!

LOL i love that but that happened to me once against a friend and i shut it down and i relized it was offside pretty much quarter of a second and i turn it off:p

Users who are viewing this thread