JULY07 TAOC Official Video Released !!!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome! For once a cricket game that doesn't have fat umpires. Shot animations looked pretty sweet and I liked the umpire signals. I liked it when the stump got uprooted. Very nice video, looking foward to more :)

kersnort

School Cricketer
Fantastic vid can't wait for the game to come out! One thing is that in the vid why is it always Austalia smacking England all over the park!!

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done guys - keep up the good work :clap

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Well, according to that video, now we have a leg spinner to rival your beloved Warne :p

lancashire666

International Coach
its a clip from the future of Adil Rashid!!!

anyway, warnes gunna have a german passport soon so he wont be an aussie anymore lol

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I have some constructive criticism for the video. I understand that parts of the game will be re-done like the crowd, but things like animations may need more specific suggestions. I know this is amazingly nitpicking, but I feel that the more information and feedback, the better. This is in no way a knock at the game since I could pick ten to twenty things wrong with each Ball of Cricket 07 or Blic 2007.

Starting from the first moment of the video in chronological order:

Ball One and Two
-The bowlers front foot points to fine leg, it should point straight down the wicket.
-The bowler seems to release the ball out of the back of the hand.
-The bowler's follow through abruptly stops inches from the crease, follow throughs tend to be half the distance of the run up and by definition, they do not abruptly end, they are a gradual slow down.
-The cut shot does not look good at all and considering where it hit the bat, it should not have gone to third man.

Ball Three
-The leg spinner has a fantastically animated action - well done.
-The ball is short, when a spinner accidentally bowls a short ball, it tends to be from the ball sticking in his hand and instead of the googly like release you have, it is more of an over spinning release.
-Again, the cut shot does not look right considering the animation in general and where the ball goes, third man cuts tend to not be played with such power either.

Ball Four
-Very nice cut shot

Ball Five, Six and Seven
-Shot!

Ball Seven
-The shot appears to be a scooping like shot but goes along the ground off what appears to be the bottom of the bat. The leg position and bend of the batsman is spot on.

Ball Eight
-Same shot, so same comments as above. Seems to come off the bottom of the bat which almost never ever happens in real life.

Ball Nine
-Very nice shot, but the visual timing and animation does not seem to match where it goes.

Ball Ten
-It hit the lower side of the bat and yet went in the air,

Ball Eleven
-Nice!

Ball Twelve
-Shot looks jerky

Ball Thirteen
-Nice!

Ball Fourteen and Fifteen
-Fantastic shot and timing.

Ball Sixteen
-Visually looks like it is played early but in game appears to be timed perfectly.

Ball Seventeen and Eighteen
-Brilliant shot

Ball Nineteen
-It seems to be a toed mid wicket shot and it goes straight down the ground.

Ball Twenty and Twenty-one
-Nice swivel pull shots but the ball seems to strike a bit low (not toe, but bottom edge) on the bat.

Ball Twenty-two and twenty-three
-Wow!

Ball Twenty-four - twenty-six
-The batsman rolls his wrists early and yet the ball flies off the bat

Ball Twenty-seven
-Slightly better

Ball Twenty-eight
-Good

Ball Twenty-nine
-Looked a bit strange. Seemed to come off the bat but collision detection makes it seem like it hit the pad.

Ball Thirty
-Good

Ball Thirty-one
-Fantastic

Ball Thirty-two
-May I suggest a yorker defense to such full balls.

Ball Thirty-three
-Brilliant...amazing!

Ball Thirty-four
-Great leg cutter, but seemed to go through the bat. However, if this is the only way to make a batsman play and miss at a leg cutter when he mistimes the shot, it is fine.

Ball Thirty-five
-Bowled 'em!

A bit long, but I hope it helps.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Couldn't have put it better Manee.

There are still a few faults but multiply those faults by 100 and you've EA/Codies.

The cut shot, the collision detector and the fast bowler's run-up and follow-through are the main aspects that concerned me.

However, lest we forget that this game is nowhere near finished so it is destined to improve.

Last edited:

lancashire666

International Coach
-The bowlers front foot points to fine leg, it should point straight down the wicket.

it could be andew flintoff bowling, his foot points to fine leg, apparently this is the reason he has so many ankle injurys.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
it could be andew flintoff bowling, his foot points to fine leg, apparently this is the reason he has so many ankel injurys.

Yes, I am aware of that, but I dont think it is the case that it is Flintoff bowling.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I have some constructive criticism for the video. I understand that parts of the game will be re-done like the crowd, but things like animations may need more specific suggestions. I know this is amazingly nitpicking, but I feel that the more information and feedback, the better. This is in no way a knock at the game since I could pick ten to twenty things wrong with each Ball of Cricket 07 or Blic 2007.

Starting from the first moment of the video in chronological order:

A bit long, but I hope it helps.

thanx manee for taking your time out and analyzing the video ball by ball...
let me just request everyone not to be TOO skeptical on the ANIMATION
part.you and for that matter most of the members propably havent done much or anything at all in animations so you dont know to the extent to which it can frustrate a person...trust me on that part...and as LM's doing all the anims, its quite an ask to make each and every animation perfect.....and especially...... when he is doing it part-time without pay while managing his social and work life !

but on the other hand, feel free to comment on the physics, AI,collisions etc.
because that is more fixable,feasible and slightly more important than anims.

now coming to your points :-

Ball One and Two

well, now thats a bit unnecessary dont you think ?? hardly anyone
would have any problem with that....

this is true for the spinners but not for the faster ones...

-The bowler's follow through abruptly stops inches from the crease, follow
throughs tend to be half the distance of the run up and by definition, they do not abruptly end, they are a gradual slow down.

this is in LM's top priority list of fixes.......! so nothing to worry here :)

-The cut shot does not look good at all and considering where it hit the bat, it should not have gone to third man.

well...collisions are still not completed...work in progress :p
this would definitely be addressed ;)

Ball Three
-The leg spinner has a fantastically animated action - well done.

all hail LM !!!! :hpraise :p

-The ball is short, when a spinner accidentally bowls a short ball, it tends to be from the ball sticking in his hand and instead of the googly like release you have, it is more of an over spinning release.

well...he didnt bang it THAT short....i believe it was in the good length area...

-Again, the cut shot does not look right considering the animation in general and where the ball goes, third man cuts tend to not be played with such power either.

Ball Four
-Very nice cut shot

if you compare the two cut-shots...you'll notice that they are different anims.
the 1st cut is angled differently than the 2nd.
i agree with your observation reg the power....but its up to oneself to decide
the power of the shot ;)

Ball Ten
-It hit the lower side of the bat and yet went in the air,

hmmmm....are you talking about the backfoot cut ??

Ball Twenty-nine
-Looked a bit strange. Seemed to come off the bat but collision detection makes it seem like it hit the pad.

nope....it came off the pad....! if it hit the bat..it would have traveled quite a distance... ;)

Ball Thirty-two
-May I suggest a yorker defense to such full balls.

its already in and i guess it was displayed in the last video ???

Ball Thirty-four
-Great leg cutter, but seemed to go through the bat. However, if this is the only way to make a batsman play and miss at a leg cutter when he mistimes the shot, it is fine.

nope...slow down the frame even more and the watch it again....it didnt go through the bat...i would say it had the faintest of edges....and as
wicky/fielding anims havent been done....the catching system isnt introduced
yet.. ;)

anyways....thanx for your review manee.....only such constructive critism
will help us grow even further....:)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
anyways....thanx for your review manee.....only such constructive critism
will help us grow even further....:)

Thanks for thanking me and for the responces.

Ball One and Two

well, now thats a bit unnecessary dont you think ?? hardly anyone
would have any problem with that....
Yes, I know. But isn't LM a perfectionist:p. Also, this is a main example that I have included absolutely everything I saw in the video.

this is true for the spinners but not for the faster ones...

The problem I have is that it seems to come out of the back of the hand of the pacers.

-The bowler's follow through abruptly stops inches from the crease, follow
throughs tend to be half the distance of the run up and by definition, they do not abruptly end, they are a gradual slow down.

this is in LM's top priority list of fixes.......! so nothing to worry here
Cool!

edx

School Cricketer
Ball Thirty-four

I actually think this looked very realistic because this happens a lot with pace bowlers like Brett Lee and Shane Bond. These are the kind of animations that will make this game better than C07 and BLIC07.

Users who are viewing this thread