JULY07 TAOC Official Video Released !!!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok guys...after a lot of effort...i think i have been able to pull off a good
looking gameplay video !! and this video is more gameplay oriented than
the "ohh look at the new features" type ! ;)

one of the main features of this vid is the variations in power and directions of
strokes. i have opted the wagon wheel kinda thing in this video...i.e starting from the CUT shot...to the sweep...! :)

the features :-

-shots all over the ground.
-umpire animations
-near misses
-edges and mishits.
-swing,seam,special deliviries(googly,flipper etc)
-eden gardens

i havent made a low quality version as it would totally defeat the purpose
of the vid. for the slower connection people...you can watch it at youtube :)

here is the link for the video

http://www.mediafire.com/?80zydnfu4y4

the video has been uploaded on youtube.

btw, i would recommend you to watch the video a couple of times
as it would really give you the feel..... :D

Replies are eagerly awaited :)

cheers

JK

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have just downlaoded this video, it is superb :happy great to see that Pullshot form Punter :) great variation of shots are also present . I have watched this video now, thrice in a row and i am having a great feeling . TAOC rocks

D

Deleted member 13648

It looks to be coming along nicely, the seam and special bowling deliveries took me by surprise!

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Amazing video. I like the feel of the shots. All the animations are very good.

holmie

Club Cricketer
wow!! that was fantastic. really like how the shots go in all directions. that was always my dream.

now im gonna try to make one of those teasers for you guys so that you can enjoy the video with sound and commentary. :)

daleroy

School Cricketer
Absolutely awesome work!!!

I just can't wait to play it. You've so far exceeded all my expectations LM (and co). Keep up the top quality work!!!

On a side note. Is the batsman in this vid really good? He seems to hit most shots with ease. I'm guessing it's because he's got top stats, to show off all the shots?

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Outstanding work, simply astonishing! I was getting quite worried by the lack of updates in the last couple of days, but this great update returned my faith! :p :D

Beside the fantastic gameplay, there were some peripheral aspects that immediately caught my mind. The adboards were one of them-and they really added to the realism. The second thing was- the crowd. I really don't care what people say about them, but they are more than good enough for me.

Now, some problems with the videos. I only had the chance of downloading the first two videos,but had problem with both. IZarc showed a Volume ID of 0 and-1 for the videos, but unable to understand them, I decided to download 7-Zip, but the problems prevailed. Here are the screenies of the error I received with the first 2 videos:

I was only fortunate enough to see the first half of the first video only, as the video crashed after that, and the second one refused to start at all (I used VLC Media Player to play them).

One extra information: I had been downloading various drivers for my parents Canon Powershot today, and the download speed has been really slow for me, dropping to even 30-40 KB/s, where my average download speed is nearly 400-500 KB/s (The info from my ISP states that the maximum download speed is 5kbps for me). Would that be somehow related to my problem??

Azazel

School Cricketer
Outstanding work truely awesome. Cant wait to have a go.
Kick daleroys butski.... :P

You have to download all the files then have all the zips together, unzip them
(just run one like normal & it will do all of them into one file) then play the video.
Hope this helps....

Outstanding work, simply astonishing! I was getting quite worried by the lack of updates in the last couple of days, but this great update returned my faith! :p :D

Beside the fantastic gameplay, there were some peripheral aspects that immediately caught my mind. The adboards were one of them-and they really added to the realism. The second thing was- the crowd. I really don't care what people say about them, but they are more than good enough for me.

Now, some problems with the videos. I only had the chance of downloading the first two videos,but had problem with both. IZarc showed a Volume ID of 0 and-1 for the videos, but unable to understand them, I decided to download 7-Zip, but the problems prevailed. Here are the screenies of the error I received with the first 2 videos:

I was only fortunate enough to see the first half of the first video only, as the video crashed after that, and the second one refused to start at all (I used VLC Media Player to play them).

One extra information: I had been downloading various drivers for my parents Canon Powershot today, and the download speed has been really slow for me, dropping to even 30-40 KB/s, where my average download speed is nearly 400-500 KB/s (The info from my ISP states that the maximum download speed is 5kbps for me). Would that be somehow related to my problem??

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
After several attempts, I managed to download and wtch the video. It looks very nice. The graphics are fantastic and the pitch in particular looks very professional and shows a great attention to detail. The delivery variations are absolutely fantastic, I can imagine that they would look even better when the keeper takes them and I am eagerly anticipating that part of the game.

A few negatives though considering nothing is perfect, although this game comes awfully close. Maybe the batsman could show some indication when the ball hits the pad instead of merely completing the shot, but this is a very tough area to cover and I cannot think of any suggestions as to what exactly he would do. When the batsman edges or plays and misses on the outside edge they tend to square up to the bowler, maybe you could include this. I am not a fan of the cut shot demonstrations either, the ball seems to hit the splice of the bat and yet go in an unnatural backward point direction. All the other shots look cleanly hit and well animated though.

As far as hype videos go I would put that at 6/10, keeping in mind fielding has not been done yet. When it is done it could probably go up to an 8 or 9.

I put EA Cricket 07 hype videos at about 4/10 and Brian Lara 2007 hype videos at about 7/10 to put things in perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread