The Big Announcement 1/9/09

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Meh, leave the graphic files editable and the PC community will do the rest.

In the video, the stumps don't seem to move when the ball hits them? The bails just flew off? I love the concept of each stump being it's own object, but didn't see it there.

And on that note, will the bat and the ball get to be their own individual objects as well? Will they have their own physics engine, so we can see the bat turning naturally and the ball going to all different angles?

Lol, that's my fault :facepalm

i mucked around with the physics code to get it right for the teaser vid and bollox'd it up. Ran out of time to fix it as i had to finalise stuff to upload and was running really late...will fix it up tonight though, no biggie. The next video we release will show it reacting properly and will be less cinematic and more like how the game will be while you are actually playing it. It will also show the new bowling actions in full swing and really showcase how much things have improved. I imagine the teaser vid would be something you might look at during a (slo-mo) free cam'd replay or something ;)

The bat will be divided into multiple physics components that will have different effects based on the point of collision. It will rotate according the the animation that is playing of the parent object i.e. the player. The ball is a separate physics object with it's own properties. I'll reiterate that above all else, physics is the key component of this game. If i don't get the physics right then i've failed.

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
Great news there LM. Huge development in every aspect of the Game.
Great looking forward for more stuffs..

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

legend_master

@Madman - I have a depth of field shader handy, so should be a cinch implementing it. Will post a screenie here once i have it in operation.

The new engine handles shaders very well so im hoping it wont cop much of a performance hit. Mind you, in my expereince most post-processing shaders tend to hurt the frame rate....

Once thing about Ashes09 i did like was their DOF effects, so i hope we can also get that happening. An added bonus is it can go some way to obscuring some of our lack of detail in the stads and crowd ;)

Last edited:

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Great to see development is still moving. I was worried it would slow or even stop with the release of Ashes 2009, but that game clearly isn't everything we had all hoped for.

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

legend_master

Great to see development is still moving. I was worried it would slow or even stop with the release of Ashes 2009, but that game clearly isn't everything we had all hoped for.

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

It's more than moving along, it's steamrolling along now! ;)

That 'other game' merely made us more committed hehe.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was about to think that you guys were scrapping TAOC after hearing the first paragraph or so, but lucky I continued on!

This is great news and the video looks awesome.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Awesome, I'll be dancing in the streets tonight!!!

:D

Really it's a "Big Announcement" though i expected a demo releasd ;)

Anyway all the Best to LM and JK, who are working hard to get out a good result, Good luck for the rest of the work :thumbs

D

Dutch

:D

Really it's a "Big Announcement" though i expected a demo releasd ;)

Anyway all the Best to LM and JK, who are working hard to get out a good result, Good luck for the rest of the work :thumbs

Yep for what it's worth I'll second that.:)

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
is the sound thats included with the video just for video or will it be of the same likes when we play the actual game ?
If yes then :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:happy:happy:hpraise:hpraise

legend_master

is the sound thats included with the video just for video or will it be of the same likes when we play the actual game ?
If yes then :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:happy:happy:hpraise:hpraise

Well, was just for the video, but that is certainly what we hope to get anywhere close to in terms of sound ;)

Users who are viewing this thread