TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobi

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys i am new to this forum but after reading alot about this game in the forum, i think we have given alot to the two makers. i know its free and they are doing it in their free time but it doesn't mean they can take ages for it. ok i agree its hard to meet deadlines but not one of those two showed up to say that it has been delayed from Aptil 11 to whatever. I bet if they go looking for a job and tell them they worked on a game and they can show them how they did in this forum then they aren't getting that job for sure. they don't meet, let me say come close to deadlines at all. they don't even know what deadlines stand for. i am not saying this is bullshit or anything but atleast inform those people who are waiting for the release if its delayed. Don't just vanish and think you are getting alot of reps for making a game, you should know that this is taking your reps towards the negative side.

P

pcfan123

We to be fair we do not know why its delayed, it could be due to personal reasons as well which we have no right to complain about.

D

Dutch

hi guys i am new to this forum but after reading alot about this game in the forum, i think we have given alot to the two makers. i know its free and they are doing it in their free time but it doesn't mean they can take ages for it. ok i agree its hard to meet deadlines but not one of those two showed up to say that it has been delayed from Aptil 11 to whatever. I bet if they go looking for a job and tell them they worked on a game and they can show them how they did in this forum then they aren't getting that job for sure. they don't meet, let me say come close to deadlines at all. they don't even know what deadlines stand for. i am not saying this is bullshit or anything but atleast inform those people who are waiting for the release if its delayed. Don't just vanish and think you are getting alot of reps for making a game, you should know that this is taking your reps towards the negative side.

They can take as long as they like, inform whomever, whenever. Whether we think that is a good or a bad thing is another thing all together. It is their project and they will do it this or that way. Whatever you say or think it will not change anything. We all get frustrated with things sometimes. Go find something else to put your attention to.

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
Thats true, how can we complain about a delay when we do not know anything about its cause. I know it may sound cheesy but we should be sending our support to jk and lm. Its all to easy to throw the toys out of the pram when deadlines arent met, however it is their project...

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Meh, tbh I've just stopped hoping that this is ever going to come out. I know it's their own project, they're not getting any money for it, bla bla bla. That's all fine but just don't set deadlines then. It's just a little unprofessional imo. I know this has the potential to become a great game and it's being made with all the right intentions but at this stage it's all talk. I'm happy to be proved wrong (believe me, nobody will be happier than me to have a new cricket game) but at this stage, my hope is waning.

Sobi

Banned
Meh, tbh I've just stopped hoping that this is ever going to come out. I know it's their own project, they're not getting any money for it, bla bla bla. That's all fine but just don't set deadlines then. It's just a little unprofessional imo. I know this has the potential to become a great game and it's being made with all the right intentions but at this stage it's all talk. I'm happy to be proved wrong (believe me, nobody will be happier than me to have a new cricket game) but at this stage, my hope is waning.

That post said what i meant but mine was directly saying what i wanted to say. Don't set deadlines and hype about your progress if you aren't going to release anything and just hide somewhere instead. 5 years are long enough eventhough it is only 2 people project. i know they can't just release unfinished product but then don't hype about it. Don't try to make yourself famous by saying we will release this or that. if you know you will do it then do it but if you can't then just leave it up to that time when you are sure you can do it. truth is the truth and it is what it is. i am sure that almost 90% of the people are frustrated at this but still want to show some respect to them which is great but accept it that this can't keep going. if you don't want to release anything then just say it, don't just set deadlines. it is just stupid.

edx

School Cricketer
I kinda dont care much anymore. I mean dont get me wrong i would love to be able to play a new cricket game and i believe that LM and JK are more than capable of producing a very good game. However im not gonna get upset if they dont because i wont have lost a thing. In fact the only people who are going to lose if the project fails is LM and JK because of alot of wasted time. I do honestly believe that a game will be produced as LM strikes me as the kind of person who would hate to leave a project like this unfinished and he seems as excited about cricket games as anyone. Anyway well done to LM and JK for their effort so far (i think some others helped as well) and i hope you release a game soon.

Mushfiq

School Cricketer
The Alpha will not be enough now for curing our frustration. We'll need the full game to be happy with JK and LM. I hope they get well soon, start working and give us what we anticipated for.

D

Dutch

Meh....time to not bother coming to this thread anymore. Just depressing hearing all the people who think they have been given a right to something.

DonaldC

School Cricketer
Whatever gave you the idea that this game was professional? It's an amateur project made by a couple of people who are using their spare time to create a game for you to enjoy. They may not even make any money from it.

Sobi

Banned
well closing it until his next announcement means closing it forever because i don't think both of them are coming out of their hideout now. let me make it clear, i am not mad because of their lateness, but they don't even care a little so they can atleast post a sentence for those who are eagerly waiting. they can just tell us its delayed or something.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
well closing it until his next announcement means closing it forever because i don't think both of them are coming out of their hideout now. let me make it clear, i am not mad because of their lateness, but they don't even care a little so they can atleast post a sentence for those who are eagerly waiting. they can just tell us its delayed or something.

I really doubt if you have been reading about this game for a long time as you claim to do so.

If you and the other ignorant members who are frustrated were actually reading about the game, then you would have read LM's post about JK being sick for some time. As a result, LM is now working without much help and OF COURSE he doesn't have the time to tell anything because he wants to help you guys by releasing it soon and help himself too by getting feedback.

It's not a crime to think a little is it? Are your expectations more important than a person's health and personal issues? Nope. Fail.

To everyone who's frustrated about this: This is THEIR project and it's their wish whether they set deadlines or not. It's YOUR fault if you start expecting too much. Seriously, for once in a while if they cannot meet their deadlines, think about something called LIFE.

Big companies have had more trouble keeping up to their deadlines and these people are doing what those companies have almost never done: Showing actual progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread