The Big Announcement 1/9/09

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
we'll most probably release a full fledged video next.
and that'll happen once we successfully transfer everything from the old
engine to the new one ! :)

I just want to see a video with some new shots and some bowling actions. Also, a good century celebration lol. I am tired of these cricket games making animations of just batsman smiling and then showing his bat around a little. None of them takes off their helmet.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I just want to see a video with some new shots and some bowling actions. Also, a good century celebration lol. I am tired of these cricket games making animations of just batsman smiling and then showing his bat around a little. None of them takes off their helmet.

Devs. can animate just about everything, except the removal of a cricket batting helmet, it seems... :sarcasm

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Great :) I liked it in AC 09 too, one of the very few things I do like about that awful game!

Hopefully that sort of stuff doesn't hurt the performance too much - i'll be getting a laptop fairly soon anyway, willing to pay up to ?1000, and i'm going to make sure it has a very good CPU/GPU and a lot of RAM so it will play TAOC (and other games) on high settings :).
I'm pretty sure that these days, good laptops (without onboard GPUs) play all the new games smoothly, so I shouldn't have compatibility issues.

Don't forget, nothing in TAOC will be motion captured like the animations for almost all recent games...
I'm very impressed simply by the amount of batting strokes available, all individually animated (by hand :hpraise) and from what we've seen of them they look superb, the full list is at the bottom of the FAQ.
I think I remember a Brett Lee-esque bowling action JK made which looked as good as (or better than) any bowling animation i've seen in any other cricket game! I can't find the link but it looked nice :).

Any celebration/disappointment animations we get are a bonus, we shouldn't expect massive variation in this department as there is no motion capture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at the makers of TAOC, I'm having a go at the so-called professional devs. and their seeming inability to animate a batsman removing his helmet. Either way, I know new content can be added continously to this game, as it's fan-made.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheehani

School Cricketer
we'll most probably release a full fledged video next.
and that'll happen once we successfully transfer everything from the old
engine to the new one ! :)

Woot! :clap

My anticipation is rising every post on here. Can't wait. Hopefully this game is the next best thing to playing cricket.

D

Dutch

Yes, Transmission should first have a good look here before they talk about making a cricket game "for cricket lovers, by cricket lovers". I really can't wait for this to come to fruition and if you are ever looking for beta testers I know a very reliable person!!:);)

Sureshot

Executive member
is this game supposed to be free?

Nothing decided as yet. I think the last I heard was for those who want a CD version, as it'll be quite a big file, there may be a small charge to cover costs. There will be costs to cover, in some way or form. I'll be looking at trying to sort out some in-game advertising for it. That may be tricky with a brand new game without any idea of how many people are likely to download it. I don't think anyone is looking to make money out of it, so even if it did get to the point of paying for it, it's not going to be much.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I think a system similar to the last Radiohead album could be put in place. A small fee to cover any costs incurred and then you pay what you want on top of that. I think the guys deserve something for their continued hard work, and giving the option of paying what you want will allow everyone to be able to afford it.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I think a system similar to the last Radiohead album could be put in place. A small fee to cover any costs incurred and then you pay what you want on top of that. I think the guys deserve something for their continued hard work, and giving the option of paying what you want will allow everyone to be able to afford it.

I was definately considering something like this....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Though in that case it wasn't worth having for free, there was about one song I'd consider ok on it, the rest weren't worth the download. Hopefully TAOC will be a bit different in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread