It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

Sohel Ijaz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yipeeeeee

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee
great work mates , looks like we are going to be gifted something we have dreamt of . Played the Alpha version looks great, especially the gameplay, but hope u will improve on Graphics
Go boys go:thumbs

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
for the mouse control, can you guys change it so that instead of depending on the position of the mouse cursor, the direction of shots will change counterclockwise if we drag the mouse to the right...and will change clockwise if we drag it to left?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
for the mouse control, can you guys change it so that instead of depending on the position of the mouse cursor, the direction of shots will change counterclockwise if we drag the mouse to the right...and will change clockwise if we drag it to left?

Makes sense.

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
when we hit a normal shot .. ball is just rolling onto ground without even 2 3 bounces

when u square cut legspinner .. ball should deviate back near point .. after rolling on ground.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer

Um, maybe I don't quite get you, but I thought that's what it currently does?

when we hit a normal shot .. ball is just rolling onto ground without even 2 3 bounces

when u square cut legspinner .. ball should deviate back near point .. after rolling on ground.

Dude, please stop trolling across all these threads.

Do you have to download the mirrors as well.

No, any one of them will do.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Talking about the mouse control, when I was playing in windowed mode a few times the cursor would come off the window and no shot would be played. Is there anything that can be done about that?

legend_master

Talking about the mouse control, when I was playing in windowed mode a few times the cursor would come off the window and no shot would be played. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Hmmm...windowed mode not ideal to play, but I should try to fix this...consider it added to the 'bug list'.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Well LM, check out the image at the bottom. for a straight shot we have to put the cursor around the (0,-1) region. if we want to change it to a square drive, we have to bring the mouse at (-1,0) position. so practically we have to move the mouse in a circular motion to bring it there, which can get tricky since we can't really see the cursor in the game.

I preferred the ashes 2009 system, where what you have to do is irrespective of the cursor position, if u drag the mouse to the left, the direction will change clockwise in a fluid motion from straight to square drive and anything in between. similarly if we drag the mouse left it will change from straight to leg glance in one fluid motion.

grapm.jpg

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
right! signing off for good. just cant connect with PC anymore. lost a lot of old members, hence its not the same.

no cricket games, no interesting discussions(general chat has become shockingly inactive and dull), IPL(not interested in mickey mouse cricket) is just making things worse.

posting this to let people know that my lack of forum activity must not be assumed as lack of development with TAOC.

you can even call this move as reducing distractions to focus more on development. In general, gonna drastically reduce internet surfing time...be it planetcricket, facebook, youtube etc.

LM will continue to update the forums and respond to queries / suggestions.

cheers

JK

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Shame to hear that. Good luck on the game. The animations have been excellent so far and I will always be available if you need help with quick feedback.

legend_master

Well LM, check out the image at the bottom. for a straight shot we have to put the cursor around the (0,-1) region. if we want to change it to a square drive, we have to bring the mouse at (-1,0) position. so practically we have to move the mouse in a circular motion to bring it there, which can get tricky since we can't really see the cursor in the game.

I preferred the ashes 2009 system, where what you have to do is irrespective of the cursor position, if u drag the mouse to the left, the direction will change clockwise in a fluid motion from straight to square drive and anything in between. similarly if we drag the mouse left it will change from straight to leg glance in one fluid motion.

grapm.jpg

Ohhkkk....I gotcha now. Good idea. Yep, will try this out. Can see that it would likely make it smoother and better to control.

venkniralac

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
awesome if the teams are licensed it will be icing on the cake with cherry for those who buy thegame

Users who are viewing this thread