Android or Windows Phone?

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I need to take a new cell-phone & I have two choices: HTC Desire (Android) & Samsung Omnia (Windows). I really liked both. But which OS is better? Thoughts please. Is the Windows apps as good as Google Play?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both are two different.I have used both Windows 7 OS and Android.I currently use an Android.The first thing is almost every android has an update till ICS.But Microsoft are very clear that none of the present windows 7 mobiles will get an windows 8 update that is slated to release in 3-4 months time.Windows mobile is professional.You cant enjoy the pulling and pushing fun that is there in the Droid.And google play has a million apps,windows market doesnt have so many and the 'fun' factor will be missed.The only cons is the virus in android but thats in very rare case.Only very low rated apps and stupid apps like the nude scanner and other spams have some basic virus but rest its fine.So its upto you,if you really want a very professional mobile go for the windows,but my side of advice,if you want business mobile there is nothing better than a BlackBerry.I have used all mobiles.
Enjoy:thumbs

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I use the Windows Phone 7 theme on my Android so that covers my like for their appearance. Would be good if you could fully do it but the front screen and message will do.

I have seen others with Window Phone 7 and it does look very well designed and it will be good if you are mainly using it for social networking. If you want it for apps then Android wins hands down.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
No sense in repeating Sylvester, that's exactly I would say too. Go for an android. Root your phone, unlock the bootloader, for full capabilities. Btw, HTC Desire C, isn't that powerful.

Also, if you are buying a Windows Mobile, Go for a Nokia Lumia 710 if a secondary camera does not bother you instead of the Samsung Omnia. You might just save something in your pocket.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Go For Android,It's Leading(I Think :p).It's Easy To Use.+Get's Wide Range Of Range Of Apps,Great If Your A Game Freak :D.It Get's Updates Now & Then.Taking A Tab Would Be Advisable.

Windows Is Kinda Tough To Use & Less Games :mad:noway:(:p.Does Not Get Updates,Boring System

I Had These,Plus Android's Are A Trend Now

:cheers

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Cheers guys! Some useful feedback I've got. Thanks!

----------

Also my friend told that there is an android emulator through which you can play android games in windows. Is it true & legal?

ved_

International Coach
Android wins, hands down. I've personally had windows phone and it sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread