Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Three months since release.....I believe we have been patient enough!
You also have had 3 patches in 3 months... not too bad going for a small dev team.

They could have just taken your money and run like many other small devs do. The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable as is (on PS4 at least).

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You also have had 3 patches in 3 months... not too bad going for a small dev team.

They could have just taken your money and run like many other small devs do. The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable as is (on PS4 at least).
I also can't set fields when bowling. It's the equivalent of getting a soccer game and not being able to make substitutions or change formation. How can they get a pass for such basic errors like that which didn't exist in the previous game? This is a full price game where one of the most fundamental aspects of the sport is broken. But they're small so who cares let them fix it in 9 months it's no big deal

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
I enjoy bowling quite a bit, but I just can't enjoy batting on any difficulty setting. It's just always hard work and not enjoyable. I wanna score more freely, I want shot that are all green to pierce the field. I want to enjoy batting.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I do think if you put everything to the easiest mode and sliders possible you should be able to slog everything like you could in the previous game. Sometimes to unwind I just want to smash it around, not spend the time building up confidence and then hitting it to mid off.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Honestly! let me tell you the truth. No difficulty level or slider settings can give you enough opportunity to whack everything. You need to have skill and logical mind to play shots as you'd do in real cricket game. you simply can't expect whacking a six over mid-on while stepping out to a medium bowler, who bowled you one good length off-cutter. Mind you it's not EA Cricket and never intended to be!

May be someone would like to check this out in order to enjoy the game.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I do think if you put everything to the easiest mode and sliders possible you should be able to slog everything like you could in the previous game. Sometimes to unwind I just want to smash it around, not spend the time building up confidence and then hitting it to mid off.
Then play Big Bash on mobile.....

D

Deleted member 46200

Three months since release.....I believe we have been patient enough!
Then kick the tea chests into the bay... You may take my country but you'll never take my expresso... Cry havoc and let loose Tommy tantrum!!!

Or, let's rethink the release schedule of patches for DBC14...? Okay, let's talk about Zen.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I also can't set fields when bowling. It's the equivalent of getting a soccer game and not being able to make substitutions or change formation. How can they get a pass for such basic errors like that which didn't exist in the previous game? This is a full price game where one of the most fundamental aspects of the sport is broken. But they're small so who cares let them fix it in 9 months it's no big deal

Sorry, I guess I am speaking from a career point of view.

Saying that, I've never experienced the issue of not being able to set fields when bowling, it's usually worked for me in career mode and 2 player local. Might play around with it on the weekend.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think you'll find playing on custom difficulty can in fact bring you closer to that style of play, if that's what you prefer.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I think you'll find playing on custom difficulty can in fact bring you closer to that style of play, if that's what you prefer.

If you read what I posted you'd see I've already done that. Also bear in mind that I am old and crap at the game with pretty dismal reactions.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The most problems are on the Online Section of the Game .

Hence there is different opinions to how playable the game is , based on your mode of choice .

But seriously , some feedback from @BigAntStudios would go a long way to inform us mushrooms when the door will be opened to let the light back in .

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
me: is Ross & his BA team back from Vacation:cheers? it's been almost 3 months.

Fanboys: They are working their @ss off to make this game much better for you while you are still whining.

me: i just asked. I've bought the game too.. i also suppor......

Fanboys: Shut up you. We know better.

me: but but but:(

Fanboys: Stop it... P.S @Ross we love you. We will wait for eternity for the next patch. BA Rocks

me::facepalm

Last edited:

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol @ABHIII !
That's quite a conversation you wrote! :)

As per your understanding, let's just do a quick root cause analysis! And guess what! Those fanboys start their stupidities only because the type of pessimistic customers kept on banging the bushes. If they stops, the fanboys will do the same!!

On the other hand, I believe if @BigAntStudios atleast write the constructive details like, what is taking long, what kind of cascading effects are in place etc etc. It would've been nice. Simply "we're working on it" seems little less comforting.

@Ross, are we there yet? ;) Haha!

Last edited:

micgrech

Club Captain

Nine months.......should have just called it DBC18 rhen!

Users who are viewing this thread