TENNIS AO Tennis

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah I am on amateur...I mean the AI can beat me with a raking cross court shot even if I am on the baseline...I cant seem to do that... iIhave to send them this way and that for yonks until they are so out of position I can score.....
Oh with a new player, stats are so low I can rarely beat player on the baseline, I either play drop shot to draw them in then play lob or passing shot
Or I come to net and try to put away volley
If play with established player beating players at the baseline is much more doable

D

Dutch

Oh with a new player, stats are so low I can rarely beat player on the baseline, I either play drop shot to draw them in then play lob or passing shot
Or I come to net and try to put away volley
If play with established player beating players at the baseline is much more doable
Makes sense...I need to draw them to the net more........

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Makes sense...I need to draw them to the net more........
Yeah stats so crap at first even playing aggressive shots don’t have enough power to beat baseliners
Mix it up and you should be ok
My other tactic is to mix up shots usually between slice and top spins. This usually forces AI to make unforced error but you do need patience

D

Dutch

Do you play with headphones....the sound enviroment is pretty decent...all kinds of subtleties going on....even had a plane flow over as I was playing yesterday!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Do you play with headphones....the sound enviroment is pretty decent...all kinds of subtleties going on....even had a plane flow over as I was playing yesterday!
I play on Xbox and have surround sound speakers - the environment sounds are pretty good as are the on court sounds

The game still has issues for sure but is unrecognisable from when I first had it

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Yeah stats so crap at first even playing aggressive shots don’t have enough power to beat baseliners
Mix it up and you should be ok
My other tactic is to mix up shots usually between slice and top spins. This usually forces AI to make unforced error but you do need patience

Those are all good points (pun unintended). I actually had a pretty good career going the last time I played. I need to get back to it.

D

Dutch

Yeah you have to stick at it to git gud i suppose.....have lost my first three matches 6-0 6-1

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Those are all good points (pun unintended). I actually had a pretty good career going the last time I played. I need to get back to it.
Yeah once I confirmed to myself that different courts at venue will be used in career I got back into it for first time in over 6 months
Maybe hardcore fans hate the game but for me the ball physics are good (too much side spin at times ), the AI plays more varied and fun game and they make all different kind of errors

Love fact pretty much downloaded venues for most career tournaments too[DOUBLEPOST=1554752908][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah you have to stick at it to git gud i suppose.....have lost my first three matches 6-0 6-1
Oh for futures I only play 1 set matches as rallies take so long
Won game 7-6 yesterday and took 70 minutes but loved it was up 6-5 and had 3 break points but blew them all but won tie break 10-8 and it felt great

Cayit

School Cricketer
So, I am playing the Game for 5 Days...
Just now i am going to used to it, it took me a while but now i am enjoying it.
I am happy that we have a Tennis Game on PS4 (finally).
I also used to play on PS3 Tennis Games.
What i don't understand is that most of the reviews for the Game are negative but i think the Game plays well.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
They brought the game out too soon and the reviews are based on that.It was patched several times to get it to where it is now.They wanted it released for the austrailian open last year but the game wasn't up to scratch at that point.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
So, I am playing the Game for 5 Days...
Just now i am going to used to it, it took me a while but now i am enjoying it.
I am happy that we have a Tennis Game on PS4 (finally).
I also used to play on PS3 Tennis Games.
What i don't understand is that most of the reviews for the Game are negative but i think the Game plays well.
@jabbathehut is spot on, I stopped playing for 6 months but got back into it last week, the January update makes it very playable for me despite a couple of well known issues

Cayit

School Cricketer
I Started to Play at ''ROOKIE'' Level after couple of days i Used to Beat almost everybody...
Now i am playing at ''BEGINNER'' Level and it is much difficulter to beat any Player, the Games take sometimes very long sometimes up to 50-60 hits each Game.
I did not expect that their will be that much of a difference between those two levels...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I Started to Play at ''ROOKIE'' Level after couple of days i Used to Beat almost everybody...
Now i am playing at ''BEGINNER'' Level and it is much difficulter to beat any Player, the Games take sometimes very long sometimes up to 50-60 hits each Game.
I did not expect that their will be that much of a difference between those two levels...
If you a starting a career as a low ranked player best way to shorten rallies and win points is to advance to net or play drop shots to draw opponent in then play lob or passing shots
Yes I think amateur level is perfect when starting career :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Just won my first Futures event and shot up from 1500 to 892 in the world :D

I now have power rating of 35/100 - go me :p

Users who are viewing this thread