TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Dutch

Just loaded game first time in months and downloaded patch and I actually think the last patch improved net play ?

Like all BA games I have played a lot of setting up and customising of players is needed but I actually quite enjoyed playing this again, the play face players I downloaded were pretty good

I read somewhere that the downloaded venues when used in career only use the main show court and never uses the other courts if available
Can anyone confirm if true cause that would stop me playing career I think ?
As un update to this: it does ask you indeed whether you want to use the dowloaded venues in your career...so thats cool!

D

Dutch

Have to say that this is my ranking so far of the three tennis games I have:

Gameplay: (accuracy of tennis in terms of physics etcetera)

1. Full Ace Tennis
2. AO Tennis
3. World Tour Tennis

Depth:

1. AO Tennis
2. Full Ace tennis
3. World Tour tennis

Presentation/Graphics

1. AO tennis
2. World Tour Tennis
3. Full Ace Tennis

Customisation

1. AO Tennis
2. Full Ace Tennis
3. World Tour Tennis

Something I would like to see in AO Tennis is the kicking up of sand and sliding on clay that they have in WTT.......

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As un update to this: it does ask you indeed whether you want to use the dowloaded venues in your career...so thats cool!
Thanks but I thought issue was that with downloaded venues only the main court was used ? Been so long since I played I guess I just need to check it out :p

Thanks for the reviews as well, think I will stick with AO for now :)

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Adding Sound to this little ranking of mine because the sound in AO is really top notch

Gameplay: (accuracy of tennis in terms of physics/shot execution etcetera)

1. Full Ace Tennis
2. AO Tennis
3. World Tour Tennis

Depth:

1. AO Tennis
2. Full Ace tennis
3. World Tour tennis

Presentation/Graphics

1. AO tennis
2. World Tour Tennis
3. Full Ace Tennis

Customisation

1. AO Tennis
2. Full Ace Tennis
3. World Tour Tennis

Sound
1. AO Tennis
2. Full Ace (Modified)
3. World Tour Tennis

Practice Mode and Tutorials: They all have something I like so am not going to rank this but just highlight a few things

A. AO Tennis has a lot of tutorials at different levels and mini games
B. Full Ace tennis has a nice amount of tutorials and practice matches
C. The practice hall in WTT is neatly done

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Had a real blast getting back into this

I have a thing about AI making errors and certainly up to pro level they do ! (Haven’t tried any harder yet)
Whilst there is no player styles really at least editing the stats and having an aggression value (or whatever it’s called that determines how likely player will come to net) and favourite and least favourite surfaces ensures at least some differentiality each match

Even things like AI players playing more drop shots then real life I don’t mind as it ensures net play and not baseline rallies all the time. No doubt if I was hardcore tennis fan I would hate this but I am not so I don’t as I like variety :p

Same point with the game doesn’t follow real life tennis strategies all the time E.g. keep playing cross court then do you risk down the line for the winner etc doesn’t really apply , it’s all about timing
Again as more casual fan this doesn’t bother me too much , I just want variety when playing

There are well known issues with animations and ai double faulting too much first point of a service game etc but atm the positives far outweigh the negatives :cheers

Last edited:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Is it just me, or does anyone else not bother with those "player X would like to play a practice match with you", and if you win you get to add player X's serving style to your list of strokes?

D

Dutch

Is it just me, or does anyone else not bother with those "player X would like to play a practice match with you", and if you win you get to add player X's serving style to your list of strokes?
Not very realistic is it? I found myself playing at an absolutely packed Wimbledon centre court as a 16 year old who has lost every game he has played in against one of the worlds best players....mixes it up though ....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yeah and a guaranteed ace it certain situations....
Yeah if they are working on AO 2 they still need to look getting aces /being aced conundrum, other than that really enjoying this , for the first time since I had it last summer

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Don’t know about everyone else but really slowed the game speed and ball speed down on all surfaces. Gives me some time to think plus it seems to enforce some errors out of AI

I have seen players slide on clay, not the best I have seen in a tennis game but it is there

D

Dutch

Yeah if they are working on AO 2 they still need to look getting aces /being aced conundrum, other than that really enjoying this , for the first time since I had it last summer
What level settings do you play at?[DOUBLEPOST=1554750839][/DOUBLEPOST]Find it really hard to play passing shots

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
What level settings do you play at?[DOUBLEPOST=1554750839][/DOUBLEPOST]Find it really hard to play passing shots
Just started career so playing on amateur , will eventually move to semi pro and for the big boys will play on pro. I don’t play enough to go any higher

I find going down the line is best for passing shots (assuming you mean opponent is at net)

D

Dutch

Just started career so playing on amateur , will eventually move to semi pro and for the big boys will play on pro. I don’t play enough to go any higher

I find going down the line is best for passing shots (assuming you mean opponent is at net)
yeah I am on amateur...I mean the AI can beat me with a raking cross court shot even if I am on the baseline...I cant seem to do that... iIhave to send them this way and that for yonks until they are so out of position I can score.....

Users who are viewing this thread