zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zim, what difficulty level playing at?
Yeah amateur

As stated before only way I can win atm is to draw opponent to net then pass/lob them or rush to net myself
No way can I win points by rallying on baseline as I don’t have enough power

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No way can I win points by rallying on baseline as I don’t have enough power
Actually that’s not strictly true, I can win points on the baseline if I mix it up i.e. top spin, then slice then too spin again etc, it sometimes makes opponent do an unforced error !

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am starting the game after a long time, and it's V 1.38 I think.

How's the game at this moment?

Last edited:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Last update was the day the Aussie Open started, didn't really do much in terms of gameplay, so the game is still more or less the same as it was back in August from the 1.37 update. Main things I noticed was the difficulty seemed to become easier on the harder ones compared to the previous few updates.

Reactions: DAP

zimrahil

Retired Administrator

I am enjoying it but I only played it when it was AO international tennis so not stung by the original release

I do find that customising the players is essential for a good experience
Eg I tested speed value set to zero - you would think players would be like a tortoise but they still move ok
Same for reflexes value etc

This might seem obvious to some but in this game making certain attributes much higher then other means AI more likely to use that attribute

Eg for clay court players I set the top spin values much higher than flat or slice and you will find the Ai uses that shot more and plays loads of angles

For hard court players set flat value higher then others and they will pummel the baseline

Also setting values really high doesn’t mean when ai uses that attribute they never make mistakes , it’s more a case of they use that shot more and can make more mistakes using it

Finally all my ai players have serve values 80+. Even 90+ they still serve plenty of faults but it makes it more challenging for human

Game is not perfect but I enjoy playing it admittedly after plenty of customisation

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
A good reason why there needs to be code violations in the next version, if only for Kyrgios:

Nick Kyrgios shouts at umpire over 'incorrect' towel in Montreal loss

Kyrgios argued with the chair umpire for most of the first set as he insisted on being provided with a white towel rather than the tournament’s branded variety.
He lost his cool after realising he still didn’t have the white towel, despite asking the umpire for one at the start of the match.
Kyrgios was hit with a code violation for an obscenity before finally getting the towel from a ball boy after 20 minutes of play.

Users who are viewing this thread