TENNIS AO Tennis

Scorchers16

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A video discussing AO Tennis and the recent decline in quality of Big Ants games

This isn't a hate on Big Ant kind of thing but I feel they have gone away from their own principles with their last few releases (all explained in the video)

D

Deleted member 9102

D

Dutch

How are you finding the ai? It seemed to me that as in cricket the ai has limited options in adjusting to gameplay... for example you were winning a lot of points by coming to the net but the ai continued to play back down the middle......having played the game whats your take?

D

Deleted member 9102

Wide serve + volley looks completely OP... Djokovic serve volleying on clay, still got that tragic forehand animation except they've given everyone a "Nadal" anim now as well, braindead AI that will play the ball straight back to you when they have an open court...

Watched enough of that.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How are you finding the ai? It seemed to me that as in cricket the ai has limited options in adjusting to gameplay... for example you were winning a lot of points by coming to the net but the ai continued to play back down the middle......having played the game whats your take?
That was my first game on veteran and I was struggling to match ai on the baseline so I went to the net a lot. I am still adjusting to playing with no hud at all. My timing for both serve and from the back of the court need work. I think the strides they have made with regards to the ai are phenomenal, and there is work yet. In the initial release build, ai just stood there for days, you could hit aces at free will. I do find though they are better it still is predictable at times. But when are we gonna get that its also a game? AI can only do so much before we figure out exploits and take advantage. Its that way with every game I have ever played.

Topspin even had exploits and limitations. As did Virtua Tennis and I am sure every game coming this year and any other year will have too.

Djokovic serve volleying on clay,
You know that that is a user controlled player right? So i chose to go to the net.

D

Dutch

That was my first game on veteran and I was struggling to match ai on the baseline so I went to the net a lot. I am still adjusting to playing with no hud at all. My timing for both serve and from the back of the court need work. I think the strides they have made with regards to the ai are phenomenal, and there is work yet. In the initial release build, ai just stood there for days, you could hit aces at free will. I do find though they are better it still is predictable at times. But when are we gonna get that its also a game? AI can only do so much before we figure out exploits and take advantage. Its that way with every game I have ever played.

Topspin even had exploits and limitations. As did Virtua Tennis and I am sure every game coming this year and any other year will have too.

You know that that is a user controlled player right? So i chose to go to the net.
People will always find exploits in a game: the question is how do you allow ai to “gather” user data and adjust accordingly: are there sportsgames that do this well?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
People will always find exploits in a game: the question is how do you allow ai to “gather” user data and adjust accordingly: are there sportsgames that do this well?
The Show, is one game when playing I felt was challenging most times, but after a while you always pick up patterns. Not even Madden has this right after all the iterations and millions behind it.[DOUBLEPOST=1517838516][/DOUBLEPOST]
can anyone tell if the patches have dealt with surfaces and whether they differ in character?
It definitely seems different to me. Even before this patch. Watch some of my vids, I have a few on hard court and clay, they are on different surface and you can see the difference.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I cannot exploit Fifa 18, but maybe I am crap at the game.....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It definitely seems different to me. Even before this patch. Watch some of my vids, I have a few on hard court and clay, they are on different surface and you can see the difference.

Loathe to read much into AC from AO but the mere recognition on the BA side that surfaces differ and it matters is a positive thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1517838889][/DOUBLEPOST]

might go down as the worst 50 or so quid i've ever spent. what a shite game

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Nope, game is just crap, get PES 18 man, thats a real football sim. They have really out done themselves this time. And I am even thinking of starting doing mods for that too again. Thats kind of where my passion for this all started

D

Deleted member 9102

I know, I meant that this shouldn't really be such a successful play style with a player like that on clay.

Users who are viewing this thread