TENNIS AO Tennis

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
People will always find exploits in a game: the question is how do you allow ai to “gather” user data and adjust accordingly: are there sportsgames that do this well?
I know Forza tried to implement it, never played that version though.

As I understand, they implemented it in such a way that there was no AI, but rather it would use driving patterns and styles from a whole bunch of cloud data to simulate real human players. That was the spiel anyway, how it turned out in reality I'm not sure.

This is something that is a lot easier to do with racing games, though - it would be tougher to do it in other types of sport.

D

Deleted member 9102

The AI should be very realistic according to this boast from Big Ant;

"ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Based on ten years of ball tracking data taken from Australian Open championship matches, players behave as they would in real life."

"It combines fully licensed, photo realistic players with a decade’s worth of historical shot data that enhances their AI so that they play just like their real-life counterparts, right down to shot selection at any given point of time in a match"

What utter bullshit...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You know that that is a user controlled player right? So i chose to go to the net.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but I don't think it should be so easy to win playing tactics that don't suit the surface (except on easy levels).

The surface/conditions should determine the strategies which should be successful, and this is part of the challenge and benefits of having different environments. for example, in cricket, if it's not swinging or seaming bowling full with 4 slips should result in you getting driven in the gaps all day long. equally bowling short on a slow pitch should sit up and be easier to hit... so in tennis, if a specific surface is more conducive to baseline or serve and volley, playing that way should be rewarded and other approaches penalised.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Some AI vs AI on Legend mode, Kyrgios vs Federer on grass

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Some AI vs AI on Legend mode, Kyrgios vs Federer on grass

Looks better than when I last looked at some of the footage. The sound of the ball on racquet still seems off to me?
Might just be me haha

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Looks better than when I last looked at some of the footage. The sound of the ball on racquet still seems off to me?
Might just be me haha

Yep, it does look better. I didn't watch whole thing, but I only saw the ball hit out once, and that was by a long way. I saw a lot of balls hit close to the lines, and none went out.

D

Dutch

Yep, it does look better. I didn't watch whole thing, but I only saw the ball hit out once, and that was by a long way. I saw a lot of balls hit close to the lines, and none went out.
Though the rallies seem to follow the same pattern? Not seeing much variation: lobs, smashes, serve and volley? It is grass after all. But this is ai v ai......

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross said new patch this week too anyone played 1.10 yet
Not yet, only came out this morning. Will give it a go later tonight.[DOUBLEPOST=1518001917][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the vid from Llewelyn is of that patch but this one deffo is:

My last vid was still 1.09

D

Dutch

He posted a top spin vid as well: AO has quite a way to go judging by that one feels:

Users who are viewing this thread