TENNIS AO Tennis

Screamfan

School Cricketer
Just to be aware the PS4 US/ XBOX One and PC patches are all approx 800meg or less. The PS4 EU (which includes Australia/NZ/India) is a lot larger, this is due to additional assets requiring to be built into that patch that weren't required in the other patches. I can't confirm the exact size yet, I'm sure someone will v. shortly, but it will be a large number of gigs.

It's 12gb here in France

D

Deleted member 46200

Looking forward to this! have a quickie before bedtime......and then play some tennis....mwahaha....schoolboy humour at its best
I'm sure there's a 'man' here open to experimentation x

D

Dutch

The added spin and effects really brings gameplay up a notch...excellent stuff...really nice bending shots back in court from out wide![DOUBLEPOST=1528408212][/DOUBLEPOST]You can now really start to think about what kind of shot to play and when

D

Deleted member 46200

The added spin and effects really brings gameplay up a notch...excellent stuff...really nice bending shots back in court from out wide![DOUBLEPOST=1528408212][/DOUBLEPOST]You can now really start to think about what kind of shot to play and when
Kick serve?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dank I just just started my 3rd round of the Auckland open. Gonna exit so I can get the patch.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I haven't got anything yet on ps4? Anyone got it yet?[DOUBLEPOST=1528409464][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha Ha! I have flown in to Baku of all places to play on grass in the Futures series....[DOUBLEPOST=1528409407][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should be!
Sure that had a good dip in the fatigue

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Bummer: probably takes a while?[DOUBLEPOST=1528409511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah cost me 18 procent I believe! Love the career mode!
It's so much fun. I wish those crappy sponsors paid more though.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
and I say to myself.....................what a wonderful world!!

I tell you what guys, I know it might seem like I WANT to take credit for asking mikeymerren to put this bending shots, ala real life, into this game, but I really really hope Big Ant wanted to do it anyway, but if not.............surely I can put in a claim for a cut of the massive monies Big Ant will now make from this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Btw people ask me on here if I am into the Cricket games, truth is I spent hours years ago on DBC 14, then on DBC 17, and now on Ashes looking for the ball to bend in flight...............wait for it..................on the shots off the bat. Obviously the games had spin bowling in it, the ball moving everywhere, but all the shots flew in a straight line, 100%, like my complaints about Top Spin 4.

Or at least I thought until I started to watch replays of shots using a different technique. I initially had looked at replays 99% of the time whilst in moving ball in flight replay mode, and kept looking to see if the ball arced right or left, and it always looked directly straight from that view, albeit when it bounced it then deviated a little left of right and for each subsequent bounce too.

So then I took the replay view away from the ball and kept it still, kept it back behind the batsmen, and I noticed that on some shots, the ball deviated in flight at the end of shots and curved accordingly, and at first I thought "aha, thats down to the Wind in the game then, its not bloody sidespin effects", so then I started to notice (what a bloody sad fella I am...) that even with Wind enabled in a certain direction, the swerve I was seeing, albeit hardly noticable (a bit like pre-patch 1.27 for AO Tennis which had really subtle bend effects on some shots), didnt always follow the direction of the Wind, so clearly some natural sidespin or movement of the ball in the air was coded into ALL of Big Ant's Cricket games, and I was made up and really happy to think they coded it this way. More blatant swerve of the Cricket ball in the air would have been nice, again, just like in real life if you watch replays, but at least it was in the game.

I think I need to have my surname changed to be "ObsessedwithBendingCurvingSwervingSideSpin" or something similar...

Users who are viewing this thread