TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Deleted member 9102

I can understand the sentiment that such comments are not useful, but it honestly looks beyond repair to me... In the same way it would have been pointless to point out how Ashes 2013 didn't resemble cricket, going into detail feels like a waste of time (I am not saying it is quite that broken, though).

If the BA team want detailed feedback and will seriously work to fix this game, they can come out and say that and I'll gladly oblige. I want to see any tennis game be the best it can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

vamkak

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very disappointed with the footage seen so far. Waiting for a good tennis game for Xbox 1.

For reference, this is Top Spin 4 that came in 2011, almost 7 years ago, and looks miles ahead compared to AO.

Stadium, Atmosphere, Crowd, Graphics, Sound, Game play, Animations, presentation all look much better in TP4 than in AO. I would gladly pay 50 bucks if TP4 is available for PC or as backwards compatible on XB1.

They took easier route on Ashes - its decent, but no big improvements from DBC17. Yet, I support BA and continue to support with their cricket games.

But, its a big NO for AO, especially in this state. Hope the day 1 patch improves it dramatically.

D

Deleted member 46200

Very disappointed with the footage seen so far. Waiting for a good tennis game for Xbox 1.

For reference, this is Top Spin 4 that came in 2011, almost 7 years ago, and looks miles ahead compared to AO.

Stadium, Atmosphere, Crowd, Graphics, Sound, Game play, Animations, presentation all look much better in TP4 than in AO. I would gladly pay 50 bucks if TP4 is available for PC or as backwards compatible on XB1.

They took easier route on Ashes - its decent, but no big improvements from DBC17. Yet, I support BA and continue to support with their cricket games.

But, its a big NO for AO, especially in this state. Hope the day 1 patch improves it dramatically.
So how much difference in budgets are there between the two games developers? And also there is very little gameplay although I'm sure about the reasons for this but I don't think it's a conspiracy where they are trying to hide something as many out there will play the game and post video on social media and many more will make their decision based on that media... Let's wait and not jump the gun... The 'only' tennis game on the PS 4 unless you still have a PS3 hanging around.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I can understand the sentiment that such comments are not useful, but it honestly looks beyond repair to me... In the same way it would have been pointless to point out how Ashes 2013 didn't resemble cricket, going into detail feels like a waste of time (I am not saying it is quite that broken, though).

If the BA team want detailed feedback and will seriously work to fix this game, they can come out and say that and I'll gladly oblige. I want to see any tennis game be the best it can be.

When you compare anything that is obviously functional and playable to ashes 13 you lose the right to be taken seriously.

When you follow up saying you'll give detailed feedback if the developer comes out and asks nicely, you've disappeared so far up your own fundament it's a wonder you can see the screen.

D

Deleted member 9102

When you compare anything that is obviously functional and playable to ashes 13 you lose the right to be taken seriously.

When you follow up saying you'll give detailed feedback if the developer comes out and asks nicely, you've disappeared so far up your own fundament it's a wonder you can see the screen.
I knew you'd say something like that about comparing to Ashes. I even said "(I am not saying it is quite that broken, though)" but you glossed over that to suit your narrative.

You said we should be more constructive and elaborate on what we think is bad to be taken seriously... But why? Would it actually matter to the state of the game if we broke down every little detail that needs addressing? No, very doubtful and so it's not worth the time and effort to do so. If BA came out and said they want such feedback and it would be valued, I (and others) would be more inclined to spend that time.

Carry on brown nosing Big Ant...

D

Dutch

I dont think Blokker can be called a ba brown noser: he gets on their tits big time in the beta thread.

Maybe we need to not get in a personal squabble about this. I agree to some extent to not want to give masses of feedback when we dont even know whether ba are interested/following.

D

Deleted member 9102

1-1, 0-0...

AcceptableUnfinishedBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

Celebrating a double fault, classy... How did that get through any form of testing?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I dont think Blokker can be called a ba brown noser: he gets on their tits big time in the beta thread.

Maybe we need to not get in a personal squabble about this. I agree to some extent to not want to give masses of feedback when we dont even know whether ba are interested/following.

I'm not asking for detailed feedback to benefit BA. They should have their own systems for getting that. I asked because I'm genuinely interested as a casual follower or tennis and someone who considered getting this game* what the issues are.

That said, I've zero interest in madman's feedback, I was just pointing out the absurd self-righteousness of his post.

*issues with ashes stopped me from considering this prior to the feedback here.

D

Deleted member 9102

Zero interest in my feedback, but still make snide comments about and quote one of the posts. And yeah, it's "self-righteous" to not want to spend time elaborating on why this game looks bad. I said something negative about something Big Ant are responsible for, so you got your knickers in a twist. Did the same when I criticised the bowling mechanics of DBC17 and Ashes.

"Issues with Ashes" - yeah, seems to be a problem with BA games these days... Releasing them in a very unfinished state and maybe getting them to a decent level over time, though DBC17 got abandoned in a few months and never recovered. This will probably be the same.

TenderLegitimateDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

More celebrating double faults, and what on earth is that clay court texture? The grass texture is terrible as well. Modders for TE and Full Ace do better work than this for free.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i remain very interested in proper feedback from anyone with it, appreciating the footage on which to give it is minimal and pre day one.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i remain very interested in proper feedback from anyone with it, appreciating the footage on which to give it is minimal and pre day one.

I'm sorry but the twitch video was after applying the mega 5.85GB Day One patch (version 1.03) and not pre day one. Here's the tweet (with image) from the guy installing the patch. The gameplay video the guy streamed was post this patch...

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm sorry but the twitch video was after applying the mega 5.85GB Day One patch (version 1.03) and not pre day one. Here's the tweet (with image) from the guy installing the patch. The gameplay video the guy streamed was post this patch...

Oops!

Last edited by a moderator:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Thanks for clarification, I wasn't aware of that. In which case... ouch.

D

Dutch

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread