Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Classic.

Only thing I'd say is that I want Alastair Cook to go back to batting the way he was. It seems to me he's gotten caught up in this idea of aggressive cricket to the extent where he's been pushing and searching for runs, and that's just not his style. Let the aggression flow through your captaincy and field settings, but why switch up the batting style that has fetched you 9k Test runs? Go back to nurdling, Cook. It suits you and your team's interests a lot better.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Classic.

Only thing I'd say is that I want Alastair Cook to go back to batting the way he was. It seems to me he's gotten caught up in this idea of aggressive cricket to the extent where he's been pushing and searching for runs, and that's just not his style. Let the aggression flow through your captaincy and field settings, but why switch up the batting style that has fetched you 9k Test runs? Go back to nurdling, Cook. It suits you and your team's interests a lot better.

Im happy with it. The sooner he and Bell get dropped and Vince comes in the sooner I'll be going for England...

bigred

Club Captain
Im happy with it. The sooner he and Bell get dropped and Vince comes in the sooner I'll be going for England...

That's ridiculous. The reason the Aussies had such a bad test was that they played in such a carefree style.

We need a nice blend. Bell will be fine. He's the kind of player that gets in form and then goes on a purple patch.

I don't always enjoy Ballance's and Cook's style, but it's very effective.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Add to that, that I imagine Vince is a long way down the pecking order too.

What was the weather like in Cardiff today, anyway?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Good to know.

I hear the same squad has been named for the next Test. Seems a bit pointless carting Rashid around the whole country, but apart from that, it's no complaints from me.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd quite like to see England drop Bell and bring in Rashid because I reckon it would bring more balance to the side. Everyone keeps going on about how beautifully Bell played, and how he's back in form, but basically every scoring shot he played was at a catchable height mere feet from a fielder. Saying all of that, I'd still love to hit 60 in a Test match.

As for Australia, it just looks a few months too late for this squad. Clarke's game looks shot, probably because his back is; Watson is the new Ashley Giles; Haddin looks like he had breezeblocks transplanted where his feet used to be; Johnson looks well down on pace (although he batted beautifully). Although at least one, probably more of those players must pick up their game simply by law of averages, the fact remains that this Australian side has crossed the line from being "experienced" to being old.

My personal selections for the second Test (irrespective of actual likely selections):
:eng: Cook :c:, Lyth, Ballance, Root, Stokes, Ali, Buttler:wk:, Rashid, Wood, Broad, Anderson
:aus: Warner, Rogers, S. Marsh, Smith, Clarke :c:, M. Marsh, Nevill:wk:, Johnson, Hazlewood, Siddle, Lyon

bigred

Club Captain
Good to know.

I hear the same squad has been named for the next Test. Seems a bit pointless carting Rashid around the whole country, but apart from that, it's no complaints from me.

I'd personally prefer Plunkett as bowling cover to Finn but that's probably a 50/50 call.

Also, why do England never take batting cover to a test match? They'd only have to be there for the morning of the match. If someone goes down in the warm up at lord's, then presumably one of the middlesex boys would have to step in. If we got seam and spin bowling cover the it would just make sense to cover all areas. Bairstow would be perfect as he could replace anyone from 1-6 and Buttler.

Users who are viewing this thread