Ashes Cricket 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ashes cricket 17 had a steam logo at the end of it's first trailer, is the a sign that a pc version wouldn't be coming out on ashes 19?[DOUBLEPOST=1551191234][/DOUBLEPOST]This*
Yeah, I noticed that too.

The main reason I think there will be a steam version is the academy and the custom content that can be added through it.

Unless they have radically improved how custom kits etc could be made on console, have enough licenses they don't feel the need for custom support or don't want to have custom creations at all, the only way would be for a PC version. I don't know about @Llewelynf or anyone else, but I'd not be able to do what I can now without a PC and a PC version to upload things to.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I do wonder whether they are still looking for an alternative store to Steam. Recently, publishers have moved away from Steam because of the unfavourable revenue split. Or there could be no PC release at all.

dawg456

Club Cricketer

The main reason I think there will be a steam version is the academy and the custom content that can be added through it.

Unless they have radically improved how custom kits etc could be made on console, have enough licenses they don't feel the need for custom support or don't want to have custom creations at all, the only way would be for a PC version. I don't know about @Llewelynf or anyone else, but I'd not be able to do what I can now without a PC and a PC version to upload things to.
Im guessing it be extremely hard to make any 3rd party content on console, regardless, maybe thier looking for some other store rather than steam and aren't still sure of it. Thier even releasing it on swich and playstation portables right? so it'd be extremely wierd if they dont release it on pc. Hope they realease a pc version for everyones sake.

Edit by Dutch: wrong place

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So who are the Beta Testers ? Beta Testers of Ashes 17 did a really nice job, I hope the same team continues, maybe with an addition of 1 or 2 knowledgeable and passionate gamers from this forum.

I also wish, @BigAntStudios allow beta tester of Ashes 19 to interact in the forum with others, just sharing (No screenshots or testing videos) their experience and feel of the new game (compared to Ashes 17). If Beta testers can take some feedback through the interaction, it may even prove to be valuable. Just a thought.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I do wonder whether they are still looking for an alternative store to Steam. Recently, publishers have moved away from Steam because of the unfavourable revenue split. Or there could be no PC release at all.
Congratulations on the most sensible post of the day.

I can hope for GOG but that's probably not likely given they don't support DRM.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Not sure it’s this thread that I should post in or the other as we now seem to have 2 threads about basically the same thing!

Glad they’re doing another Ashes game, though we pretty much knew that anyway from the podcast before Christmas.

Not fussed at what point in the summer it comes out as I wouldn’t plan on touching it for at least six months after release. It’s got December 2019 sale written all over it.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if the launch price is anything lower than £40, and considering the investment the last Ashes needed in terms of editing, sliders, patches and general trial and error to make it play more authentically and enjoyably, I can’t justify to myself outlaying a premium price for another game like that.

Like pretending it’s ok that the wicket keeper running past the stumps then throwing the ball backwards to do a stumping is ok, or dealing with the way off run rates when simming that really hurts career. Ashes 17 was say, 80% solid, and you could add 10% more to that through your own efforts and ability to overlook stuff. The remaining 10% you just have to make peace with.

Still, got a lot of enjoyment from 17, on and off (and still doing so now). Fingers crossed that 19 is an upgrade in all the ways that matter. But it’s a wait and see for me, sorry if it halts the hype train!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Not sure it’s this thread that I should post in or the other as we now seem to have 2 threads about basically the same thing!

Glad they’re doing another Ashes game, though we pretty much knew that anyway from the podcast before Christmas.

Not fussed at what point in the summer it comes out as I wouldn’t plan on touching it for at least six months after release. It’s got December 2019 sale written all over it.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if the launch price is anything lower than £40, and considering the investment the last Ashes needed in terms of editing, sliders, patches and general trial and error to make it play more authentically and enjoyably, I can’t justify to myself outlaying a premium price for another game like that.

Like pretending it’s ok that the wicket keeper running past the stumps then throwing the ball backwards to do a stumping is ok, or dealing with the way off run rates when simming that really hurts career. Ashes 17 was say, 80% solid, and you could add 10% more to that through your own efforts and ability to overlook stuff. The remaining 10% you just have to make peace with.

Still, got a lot of enjoyment from 17, on and off (and still doing so now). Fingers crossed that 19 is an upgrade in all the ways that matter. But it’s a wait and see for me, sorry if it halts the hype train!
That's a bit too much of a common sense response for me. Unsubscribe.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would love to see different shapes of stadiums/boundary lines for exam oval, squarish, or even a baseball type ground

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yeah without pc it would be end of me....

But I am confident they will somehow have that support. It's a big focus on theirs. I hope I am right

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah without pc it would be end of me....

But I am confident they will somehow have that support. It's a big focus on theirs. I hope I am right
your possibly right and u never know u may be the secret beta tester too

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think it may come on PC as well...

Because in the Big Bash Boom announcement teaser & trailer too, the PC steam logo was missing but later they did release it to PC...

I have bought all 3- DBC 14, DBC 17 & Ashes and I sincerely hope they release the PC version for this 1 too, else it would be disappointing for several of us here...

@BigAntStudios @MattW @HBK619

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread