Ashes Cricket 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I can already think of current international players with these traits for example Muhammad Hafeez can have vulnerable starter and extremely confident as his trait, Dhoni with mentor and finisher trait, Kohli with extremely confident and match awareness trait, Bevan with slow starter and Finisher trait, Afridi with unpredictable and vulnerable trait, Sharma with minor basher and concentration loser trait

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A player traits in addition to mentality will add wonders, traits can be positive and negative giving each player a unique personality, for eg
Slow starter ( A batsmen with this trait will start his inning slowly)
Vulnerable at start (a bit easier to get him out early in the inning because he starts with 70% of his batting attributes for the first 30 balls he faced )
Concentration loser ( more likely to play rash shots after scoring 30+ runs. Attributes penalty after scoring 30+)
Unpredicible (will not play according to the match situation and often start gun blazing, an Afridi type player, in one match he starts with 130% of his attributes and sometimes only 70%)
Wicket sticker (put heavy price over his wicket a bit like David an anchorman)
Extremely confident ( start his inning with high confidence and can play all sorts of shots according to his skills from the get go)
Mentor (player on non striker end will receive bonus to his batting skill if he's batting with Mentor)
Pressure Cooker (if you can get him quiet for couple of overs he's more likely to crumble under pressure and lose his wicket)
Match awareness (a player with that trait will try to match the current run rate while chasing and he's more likely to achieve that because of his trait)
Finisher (A player with that trait will receive attributes boost in the last 10 overs of an ODIs or 4 overs in T20)
Semi dexterous (batsmen will struggle against left or right arm bowlers, and will receive attributes penalty facing such bowlers, its actually 2 traits one for right arm Bowlers and one for left armers)
Minor basher (Opposing team lesser skilled bowlers will get terrified by him and will receive attributes penalties when he is batting)
Get over here ( player with that trait will likely to punish the highest rated bowler in the match and dent his confidence)

These traits can be of bronze silver and gold with an amplyfing effect

And now Bowlers trait

New ball beast (stats boost when the bowl is new)
Partnership breaker (stats boost when there is a 50+ partnership )
Death bowler (stats boost in the end of innings)
Semi dexterous (stats boost against rhb or lhb)
Rythm bowler (if he is bowling well hes likely to receive stats boost to his attributes and if he gets hit constantly he will receive a penalty to its attributes )
Nervous bowler ( will receive attributes penalty if opposing batsmen start attacking him)
Extremely confident (starts with high confidence)
Unfazed (he's not affected by opposing team batsmen with traits which reduces bowlers attributes like minor basher and get over here trait)
Get the best ( more likely to get opposing team best batsmen out, an attributes boost against opposing team highest rated batsmen)
Slow starter ( will start with 80% of his bowling attributes and he will get it back after bowling atleast 5 overs, such type is not very useful in t20s)
I posted something along these lines a while back, possibly in @Gamer Pradosh thread.

I don't think it should be linked to attribute or skill increases and decreases but more to do with timing and confidence. Shots and deliveries reduce or increase the timing window or become more effective, as is the case now, with higher confidence. A batsman that is a quick starter should have higher confidence leaps or possibly start with higher confidence but is perhaps more vulnerable to getting out by playing certain shots. They need to be balanced effectively to ensure that certain traits are not overpowered.

For a bowler starting a spell, like a spinner, you could be able to bowl all deliveries but until they are confident it is more difficult to execute variations. An off spinner for example: you have a default timing window for the off spinner, then for the arm ball, top spinner and doosra (in whichever order) as primary variation, secondary variation and unique variation. As the bowler becomes more confident the timing window to execute widens making it easier to bowl the deliveries. Depending on skill level of the bowler the timing window would have a upper and lower limit. So to execute a doosra perfectly with a part time bowler is very difficult even if they are fully confident.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I hope they have separate attributes for in swing, out swing, leg cutters, off cutters and spin variations this time so that not every bowler can move it both ways.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I posted something along these lines a while back, possibly in @Gamer Pradosh thread.

I don't think it should be linked to attribute or skill increases and decreases but more to do with timing and confidence. Shots and deliveries reduce or increase the timing window or become more effective, as is the case now, with higher confidence. A batsman that is a quick starter should have higher confidence leaps or possibly start with higher confidence but is perhaps more vulnerable to getting out by playing certain shots. They need to be balanced effectively to ensure that certain traits are not overpowered.

For a bowler starting a spell, like a spinner, you could be able to bowl all deliveries but until they are confident it is more difficult to execute variations. An off spinner for example: you have a default timing window for the off spinner, then for the arm ball, top spinner and doosra (in whichever order) as primary variation, secondary variation and unique variation. As the bowler becomes more confident the timing window to execute widens making it easier to bowl the deliveries. Depending on skill level of the bowler the timing window would have a upper and lower limit. So to execute a doosra perfectly with a part time bowler is very difficult even if they are fully confident.
I think it should be based on skills and timing window will already be incorporated because skill levels are directly linked to timing window. The traits should have visible impacts and they can be balanced by having a negative impact traits attached to a gold level positive impact trait.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I actually carved this idea from nba 2k19 and they are mostly based on dynamic skills increment and reduction so I think it should get work in cricket as well.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Trust me these trait can add much more replay ability in career modes with generated players having different personalities.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Now that they have in house mocap let's hope they have separate batting animations based on attributes so if the batsmen is not good on front foot and leg side and you play that shot then it should reflect that on animation with poor looking leg side hoick. So that way you can visually analyze batsmen weaknesses real time, ahhh too much wishful thinking but definitely not impossible thing to do.[DOUBLEPOST=1549358809][/DOUBLEPOST]In nba 2k19 you can visually see who is a good dribbled and who is not by merely looking at him dribbling.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I think it should be based on skills and timing window will already be incorporated because skill levels are directly linked to timing window. The traits should have visible impacts and they can be balanced by having a negative impact traits attached to a gold level positive impact trait.
I don't think a skill buff or nerf is realistic. A player's skill level might increase or decrease over time, but that's more likely to be incremental over a season or several seasons, not during a game purely because of the circumstances. The circumstances should dictate their ability to execute certain skills not to be a more skilled player. In the context of how the mechanics for Ashes works, whether this changes who knows, timing and confidence seem like the most effective way to provide greater variety in terms of player traits and how they can effectively be implemented.

A player who can see out a run chase isn't more skilled because they come in the 40th over but they mentally better suited to perform in that situation. Likewise a death bowler is more capable to execute what is required in the circumstances not that they are 10% better player. I think player traits should be about allowing us, or the AI, to reach the potential of a player more effectively not to make players better.

I do think career mode would be improved by this, particularly the ability to follow certain paths to unlock traits for your player. Moreover I think test matches would be vastly improved by giving it greater depth. I find the difference in depth of each formats is negligible, other than in the investment of time. Test matches must take somewhere between 10-20 hours, I've got full games I can play in that time. I'd like to see test matches have greater need for strategy and tactics. It could be picking the right bowler at the right time. If you've got a player who has a player trait for greater execution of reverse swing you'd see the benefit or bringing them on at that time. If the opposition have a batsman who is vulnerable to SLA you'd bring on your part time SLA for a couple of overs.

I can't speak for everyone but I imagine most people who are willing to invest the time into playing a test match or test series would welcome that kind of increased in depth. Being able to fully analyse your opposition to determine your tactic. It's probably one reason I find myself giving up on test matches half way through, because it feels like you're just going through the motions. There's rarely a time where I feel like I can actively influence the game beyond changing bowlers or fields, or have to actively adapt my strategy because of what the AI is doing.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I hope we have 4 separate batting animations for all shots, an elegant version if your weighted avg is above 80 for particular shot (a combination of footwork, off side or leg side attribute and vs pace or spin attribute) a standard version for 65-80 avg, an ugly version for 40-64 and a terrible version for under 40 avg.

That way you can have Fakhar Zaman type player who looks elegant driving the ball on the off side but looks like a hack when he tries to muscle the ball on the leg side

Then we can have tailenders who actually looks like Chris Martin batting

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I believe we already had 3 separate animations of all shots in Ashes Cricket 17, so it's just about adding one more, we can have steve Smith for the elegant version, maxwell for the standard version and they can hire two different persons for the ugly and terrible versions.

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
I hope we have 4 separate batting animations for all shots, an elegant version if your weighted avg is above 80 for particular shot (a combination of footwork, off side or leg side attribute and vs pace or spin attribute) a standard version for 65-80 avg, an ugly version for 40-64 and a terrible version for under 40 avg.

That way you can have Fakhar Zaman type player who looks elegant driving the ball on the off side but looks like a hack when he tries to muscle the ball on the leg side

Then we can have tailenders who actually looks like Chris Martin batting

Totally. Adding to that the animations need to be more fluid. Also cut shots are very ugly at the moment.

N Jones

Club Captain
One thing that DEFINITELY needs sorting out Is the fielding..especially on manual. Plus some of the batting strokes like pulling to square leg and somehow it ends up going to mid off.!!!..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
One thing that DEFINITELY needs sorting out Is the fielding..especially on manual. Plus some of the batting strokes like pulling to square leg and somehow it ends up going to mid off.!!!..
Dude this must be the 50th time you've posted about manual fielding. If someone hasn't picked up on it by now they never will.

dawg456

Club Cricketer
I feel like big ant should improve commentating, even ashes 2009 had a better commentary squad few commentators like ian bishop, shane Warne amd tony grieg were available in that game. I feel big ant should do the same, i feel like mark nicholas would be an great option and they should focus on conversations too rather than only focusing whats happening in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread