Ashes Cricket 2009 Bestselling second week in a row

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
While it would be nice to see an EA game, they might ignore the PC if the codies version doesn't do well.

Here is the ranking according to different platforms

PS3 Rank #1
Xbox Rank #1
Wii Rank #2
PC Rank #8

So relatively people are not getting the PC Version. Even GTA4 and Modern Warfare is selling more than Ashes.

Anyways I am planning to get the new PS3 slim for $299 which was announced today, so don't care.

King Cricket

International Coach
Not many games "sell" in India.

Well, believe me, this time it has been absolutely different. As of now, nearly 75 percent of the students in our school have a "legal" copy of the game. And many plan to buy it this Sunday. Why shouldn't they buy an "original" copy? The price is amazingly cheap! Plus the shops are offering huge discounts, and all that. I'm glad to say this, finally an awareness is spreading. And it's the price factor which is doing the trick. Even two years back, most of the games here used to cost around Rs 1300-1500. But now, the picture is has changed. The fact that GTA IV is priced Rs 499 (10$ approx) in India just sums up the situation. There's more satisfaction in spending an extra Rs 400, and buying an original version, rather than having a pirated copy for Rs 100. This realization is finally there, which is gradually generating positive results.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
So how much is AC09 in India? Rs 800? (I presume we're talking PC price, here?)

alioz

Club Cricketer
So the game costs $10 in India?

Can't see them making any profit on that. Loss leader perhaps.

Do you know the population of india and paksitan? I think what they have done is very wise. number of copies sold in India and Pakistan would be atleast 10 times more then UK and Australia because of the price. They will make less profit on each game but more profit over all because of the number of games sold.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
so guys the copy that you have in India for PS3, is it region free or PAL standard?

Cause I can see a few good prices from Indian ebay sellers, but they have listed it as PAL and not region free.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
In india, sri lanka, pakistan game is cheap for sure but the population is much bigger then UK or Aus. and all are cricket crazy...

Sureshot

Executive member
The whole Asian gaming market will always be dominated by piracy. It won't change.

Users who are viewing this thread