Tutorial Ashes Cricket 2009 ERROR 1605 Solution / fix

error1605

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashes Cricket 2009 ERROR 1605 Solution / fix

I fixed this issue and now able to re-install Codemaster's Ashes Cricket 2009.

Bit of tedious typing.. so if anyone needs the solution.. let me know.. If the solution already posted... mods delete the thread..

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I haven't seen it posted anywhere, so go ahead and put it up when you have the time.

vijayanand

Club Cricketer

Bit of tedious typing.. so if anyone needs the solution.. let me know.. If the solution already posted... mods delete the thread..

Hey one of my friends had that problem when he was trying to install the game from my DVD...I thought it was because my DVD's scratched a fair bit...can you let me know how you fixed that?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Come on, then, post the info otherwise the thread's a little...pointless...;)

error1605

School Cricketer
retards here... wasted my time posting a fix here.. ****tards that can't follow a step by step guide...

Last edited:

error1605

School Cricketer
I smell something fishy here.Come on Error1605 prove me wrong!!

huh?

Some people are so weird.. search 'ashes cricket error 1605' on google and the web is flooded with people with the error... i took my time to post a fix and you going act tarded?

rocky_g

International Cricketer
huh?

Some people are so weird.. search 'ashes cricket error 1605' on google and the web is flooded with people with the error... i took my time to post a fix and you going act tarded?

Then plz post further info about it. :sarcasm Why should i google it when this is the first page that comes on google?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
OK.

What I think most people want to know is why you don't just copy/paste it: you don't need to type it out yourself. ;)

Edit: I just did a quick search using those terms and most of the answers on the first page are useless rubbish from Yahoo Answers such as 'check your DX', or 'you need a PS3, fella'.

Just copy/paste it and we'll all be happy. :)

Edit: OK, you did now, but you deleted it. Here it is, for anyone who wants to try it, from the deleted post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Tried all the usual -- ran CCleaner -- did a search in the registry and removed all instances of 'ashes' and the word 'cricket' -- still no joy..
So scanned all hard drives for 'Codemasters' and 'Cricket' and removed every instance.. still no joy..

Finally managed to trace the issue back to the InstallShield application.

-- The fix --
Search your C:/ for the word 'InstallShield'
- on vista its located " C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ "
(You may have to enable hidden folders to see it)

Within the folder there will be a few different folders, (depending how many games/applications you have installed using InstallShield).

e.g. Folder Names
{4E79A60F-15D2-4BEC-91AD-E41EC42E61B0}
{5CA7899B-FFEC-4254-A05B-448420831F37}
{8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85}

Look in each folders for setup.exe (They all have it) ... Right-Click the setup.exe file --> Properties --> Digital signature Tab and you are looking for 'TransmissionGames' --

Delete the entire folder of that setup.exe file -- in my case the folder was named " {8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85} " -- and now the game will install fine again..

I also installed "http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108322/InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe" from Q108322: Update to the Latest InstallShield Installation Engines

Last edited:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
OK.

What I think most people want to know is why you don't just copy/paste it: you don't need to type it out yourself. ;)

Edit: I just did a quick search using those terms and most of the answers on the first page are useless rubbish from Yahoo Answers such as 'check your DX', or 'you need a PS3, fella'.

This is the only legal thread on google planet that comes up and that too without any clear info. ;)

sunnykinger

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
OK.

Edit: OK, you did now, but you deleted it. Here it is, for anyone who wants to try it, from the deleted post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Tried all the usual -- ran CCleaner -- did a search in the registry and removed all instances of 'ashes' and the word 'cricket' -- still no joy..
So scanned all hard drives for 'Codemasters' and 'Cricket' and removed every instance.. still no joy..

Finally managed to trace the issue back to the InstallShield application.

-- The fix --
Search your C:/ for the word 'InstallShield'
- on vista its located " C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ "
(You may have to enable hidden folders to see it)

Within the folder there will be a few different folders, (depending how many games/applications you have installed using InstallShield).

e.g. Folder Names
{4E79A60F-15D2-4BEC-91AD-E41EC42E61B0}
{5CA7899B-FFEC-4254-A05B-448420831F37}
{8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85}

Look in each folders for setup.exe (They all have it) ... Right-Click the setup.exe file --> Properties --> Digital signature Tab and you are looking for 'TransmissionGames' --

Delete the entire folder of that setup.exe file -- in my case the folder was named " {8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85} " -- and now the game will install fine again..

I also installed "http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108322/InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe" from Q108322: Update to the Latest InstallShield Installation Engines

thanks for the solution

Users who are viewing this thread