Tutorial Ashes Cricket 2009 ERROR 1605 Solution / fix

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm pretty sure this a problem caused by a 'faulty' uninstaller on the disk. If you use Add/Remove Programs it's fine, but using the uninstaller on the disk breaks the installation.

The easiest way to describe the fix is to look through the Registry for anything with the string "Ashes Cricket" in it, and delete it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm pretty sure this a problem caused by a 'faulty' uninstaller on the disk. If you use Add/Remove Programs it's fine, but using the uninstaller on the disk breaks the installation.

The easiest way to describe the fix is to look through the Registry for anything with the string "Ashes Cricket" in it, and delete it.

OK, so stay away from the game's uninstaller. Thanks for the heads up, Tom.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
mate, 3 cheers to you :hpraise

this error was really killing me, i had to play the game on our slower computer which was pretty annoying, and i didnt know how to post this problem on here without confusing anyone

congrats on figuring it out, as a reward im giving u reps and whatever sum of vcash u want ;)

just ask?

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

but who actually solved it, b4 i give reps

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
every peoples are not flexible with regedit (registry key) error 1605 is registry problem it occurs once you uninstall and try to reinstall the game, download free revo uninstaller, check it your AC09.EXE file in that uninstaller right click it locate registry information open it and completely delete the hole file in that registry key, i posted some screen shot to help follow these instruction, (before you do please confirmed that you uninstall the game)

Attachments

• step-1.JPG
    step-1.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 261
  • step-2.JPG
    step-2.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 213
  • step-3.JPG
    step-3.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 210

simran3

Club Captain
SOLUTION TO THE ERROR ..DOWNLOAD ..REVO UNINSTALLER ..RUN THE PROGRAM AND UNINSTALL THE GAME ..IT FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR ME ..I GARUNTEE IT . :banana2

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
SOLUTION TO THE ERROR ..DOWNLOAD ..REVO UNINSTALLER ..RUN THE PROGRAM AND UNINSTALL THE GAME ..IT FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR ME ..I GARUNTEE IT . :banana2

Looks good mate, I'm going to give it a go.

Here's a link for it, from download.cnet.com, so you can trust it. :)

Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Edit: @Simran3: Please don't use all caps, that's equivalent to shouting on the 'net (and it's also against the forum Rules) :)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Is there a chance the patch could fix that as well, or is it a program that only stays on the disk and isn't installed to the HDD?

Edit: @Simran3: Nice one mate, it worked a treat! Not vital at this moment in time, but when I decide to move 'full time' to Win 7, I'll be able to install the game without any problems, namely the 1605 error. :) :thumbs

Last edited:

vickash

School Cricketer
Ashes Cricket 2009 ERROR 1605 Solution / fix

I fixed this issue and now able to re-install Codemaster's Ashes Cricket 2009.

Bit of tedious typing.. so if anyone needs the solution.. let me know.. If the solution already posted... mods delete the thread..

hey can you please tell me wat to do it say error 1605?

NRJ675

School Cricketer
hi how to solve this problem im facing this problem

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Thanks a lot for this solution, I too faced the same error today. Deleting the files from Installshield did the trick for me.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Yep, searching for the InstallShield info and deleting it works well. I thought that might have had something to do with it (even deleted my temp files looking for a fix) but that way works without much fiddling or downloads.

Thanks for the fix!

MarkusRay

School Cricketer
OK.

What I think most people want to know is why you don't just copy/paste it: you don't need to type it out yourself. ;)

Edit: I just did a quick search using those terms and most of the answers on the first page are useless rubbish from Yahoo Answers such as 'check your DX', or 'you need a PS3, fella'.

Just copy/paste it and we'll all be happy. :)

Edit: OK, you did now, but you deleted it. Here it is, for anyone who wants to try it, from the deleted post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Tried all the usual -- ran CCleaner -- did a search in the registry and removed all instances of 'ashes' and the word 'cricket' -- still no joy..
So scanned all hard drives for 'Codemasters' and 'Cricket' and removed every instance.. still no joy..

Finally managed to trace the issue back to the InstallShield application.

-- The fix --
Search your C:/ for the word 'InstallShield'
- on vista its located " C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ "
(You may have to enable hidden folders to see it)

Within the folder there will be a few different folders, (depending how many games/applications you have installed using InstallShield).

e.g. Folder Names
{4E79A60F-15D2-4BEC-91AD-E41EC42E61B0}
{5CA7899B-FFEC-4254-A05B-448420831F37}
{8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85}

Look in each folders for setup.exe (They all have it) ... Right-Click the setup.exe file --> Properties --> Digital signature Tab and you are looking for 'TransmissionGames' --

Delete the entire folder of that setup.exe file -- in my case the folder was named " {8B39736E-7C8C-4A32-82C1-F94245F20D85} " -- and now the game will install fine again..

I also installed "http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108322/InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe" from Q108322: Update to the Latest InstallShield Installation Engines

THanks man you saved me from re-installing windows :)

14redbacks

Club Cricketer
every peoples are not flexible with regedit (registry key) error 1605 is registry problem it occurs once you uninstall and try to reinstall the game, download free revo uninstaller, check it your AC09.EXE file in that uninstaller right click it locate registry information open it and completely delete the hole file in that registry key, i posted some screen shot to help follow these instruction, (before you do please confirmed that you uninstall the game)
Hey thanks buddy! it helped..

Users who are viewing this thread