Ashes Cricket 2009 will not be released in North America

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok this is very sad indeed. I asked codemasters regarding north american release of Ashes Cricket 2009, specially after the demo was released in North America on XboxLive. This is the reply that i received

Ashes Cricket 2009 will not be released in North America unfortunately. The UK version of the game should work on a North American console, but we are unable to guarantee perfect compatibility unfortunately. The PC version will work fine on any compatible PC.

However I am afraid that Codemasters does not deliver the game to North America.

Hope this helps.

Well this means that the game will be region free, however, I am not sure whether the NTSC/PAL issue will crop up. PS3 owners should be fine, but Xbox360 might have issues.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
The UK version of the game should work on a North American console

I think this means that it will be region free like past games....

but we are unable to guarantee perfect compatibility unfortunately.
It can be assumed that Xbox Live is not guaranteed to work

ksduded

Club Cricketer
What does Xbox Live have to do with it?

xbox live might be region specific... that is there won't be any north american servers and we might be locked out of the uk/aus servers

nufan

School Cricketer
?? well I guess we still need to wait until someone tries it in a US console. I don't think we ever expected them to bother to release it in north america, but if I can import/buy it on ebay/whatever a UK/Aus version and it works on my canadian NTSC console, then I'm a happy camper!

P

pcfan123

A cricket game will not be released in North America?

this also in :

sky is blue

water is wet

Users who are viewing this thread