Wow codemasters

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Email from crapmaster:

We are contacting you again as we may have issued incorrect advice regarding Ashes Cricket 2009 in our previous emails. To confirm: only the PC and PS3 versions of the game are region-free and will work on any console. The Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii versions are region locked and will only work on PAL consoles.

This is pure BS why the hell would they make it region-free for PS3 users when there is obviously more 360 users then PS3 users the dumbest people in the world codemasters I take back everything I said about you people its a real shame you guys suck. Its also so unfair to almost every North American who is interested in cricket. I don't understand why they could just make the game region free for every system dumbest people in the world.

Edit:

What I don't understand is that EA Sports sell Madden in the UK and all over the world even though people in the UK don't care about Madden but EA Sports appreciates the fact that there are fans in the UK. Codemasters doesn't realize that North America isn't big on cricket but cricket is not a small thing. Just ridiculous how stupid codemasters can be it just doesn't make any sense why they are so dumb.

Last edited:

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No need to make a new thread for this.

Relikk

Club Cricketer
All PS3 games are region free by default. It was made up to the developer, by Sony, whether or not to put region restrictions on games. So far it hasn't been enforced by any developers. The only things that are restricted by region with regards to PS3 games are the additional content packs etc. that are purchased on the PlayStation Network.

It's not the developers fault.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I want them to buy me a PAL Xbox.

They specifically told us that the 360 copy would work on North American Xboxes (which is what I have).

So, you're telling me once you have my money, that it won't work?

Let's make a lawsuit! :D

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
dude its not codemasters fault..its microsoft fault.
microsoft made their console region lock but Sony made theirs Region Free.:D.
So Don't insult codemaster because its not their fault

Params7

International Cricketer
Yeah its not the devs fault..nearly all X360 games are region locked by default, PS3 games aren't. This is something which Microsoft should opt for in their next console..its a big downer being a cricket fan in NA and only owning an X360.

baba08

School Cricketer
what is the difference between pal and ntsc. how do we find out what are our 360 pal or ntsc and where can we find out from. i bought my 360 from here in candada. from futureshop. so if my 360 is not pal then its useless to buy the game. why they did that?

Params7

International Cricketer
what is the difference between pal and ntsc. how do we find out what are our 360 pal or ntsc and where can we find out from. i bought my 360 from here in candada. from futureshop. so if my 360 is not pal then its useless to buy the game. why they did that?

File:NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you bought it officially from Canada...looks like you're stuck with NTSC.

Worry not, the game is also coming out on PC which have no restrictions.

nufan

School Cricketer
yeah that really sucks :( would have much preferred to play this game on my 360 (im in Canada). Oh well will have to stick to the PC version now I guess. Would still love someone to try the PAL game in their NTSC console to make sure :P

baba08

School Cricketer
in order to play pal games on ntsc what would i need to do buy some different equipment or what

P

pcfan123

haha we get it on ps3 and you gaybox users dont! grow up and buy an adult console.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
haha we get it on ps3 and you gaybox users dont! grow up and buy an adult console.
You bought a PS3 for multimedia purposes.

People who bought an Xbox are more interested in real gaming.

There ARE ways to make your Xbox play region-locked discs.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You bought a PS3 for multimedia purposes.

People who bought an Xbox are more interested in real gaming.

There ARE ways to make your Xbox play region-locked discs.

lol We are a PS3 not Nintendo Wii.:facepalm
Sony Zindabad..lol:D

Users who are viewing this thread