Wow codemasters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
yes maybe X360 has better online, and yes you can talk to friends etc. But tbh who gives a ████. I don't want to pay stupid amounts to play online and talk to my friends. If I wanted to talk to them I'd use the bloody phone, it's cheaper and clearer. And tons of people appear with mics on PS3 so stick that in your pipe. Fan boys will always say their console is the best. Personally as an Xbox and Playstation use I'd say that the PS3 is better than the Xbox360. It wouldn't be worth Codies money to produce copies in NTSC as the sales wouldn't be high enough to warrant doing so.
I'm someone who has had both as well and I think the 360 is a lot more of a complete package.

P

pcfan123

I'm someone who has had both as well and I think the 360 is a lot more of a complete package.

360 is a package? the ps3 is a gaming device and a blu ray dvd player. the 360 is just a gaming device.

Also, I rarely play online, so if I had a 360 I would never get to because I would not pay money every month to play 1 or 2 games a month. With ps3 I can play whenever I want for free.

I mainly use it for a blu ray, but now with AC09 i think the controller will get a workout!

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay that doesn't make any sense whatsoever if you rarely go online there is no reason for you to think that PS3 is better. Because games wise 360 is much better and they have many more exclusives when compared the PS3. If you bought it for the blueray DVD player then you could have also bought a 360 because it may not be blue ray but its still HD. People say that PS3 has such better graphics but first off do you even have the HDMI cable most people don't because there too lazy to buy one. If you do then the graphics on PS3 is almost the exact same and I according to some websites people prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3. So basically you just wasted like 200 on a PS3 when you could have bought the more affordable 360

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the one saying the 360 have more exclusives are living in dreams.Check for next year and see which has more exclusives.I have both of them but i dont wana pay 50 for online so i mostly use PSN which works good for me and didnt had any problem playing killzone and stuff.I also had xbox live for some time.This console and fanboys war can go on for ever,Both systems are good and at the end its ur preference and ur likeness towards the system.Although i have both i like my ps3 better.Same goes for all people that are defending their consoles,But mostly here have either 360 or ps3 so they r defending it blindly.

nufan

School Cricketer
seriously, why are you kids crying about an endless battle of console wars? Let's keep this on topic, like it or not, there's plenty of 360 users out there, and some of them happen to be in an NTSC region and are gutted that it would seem the game is region locked. Why not just keep this on topic it would be far more productive. If you have and love your ps3 that's awesome and you are lucky that you have the opportunity to play this game in an NTSC region, but I don't understand why you are bothering to post in a topic about the game on the 360?

Hopefully someone can clear this up once and for all and just put a 360 PAL disc into an NTSC console and see it if plays. From what we are hearing from codies it simply won't work.

I'm not sure why the 360 version of this game has these region issues, as many games on the 360 are not region locked, so I'm not sure why codies choose to. I'm sure there is some form of red tape to go through or some other reason, I guess I'd love to hear it from them as to why we don't get to enjoy this game in NTSC regions on our 360's, rather than just them saying it won't work, and giving false hope about it working in the future which chances are it won't.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

It will not play, I posted the email Codies sent me. They are not responsible if you buy a PAL disk. It WILL NOT work on 360. (I have both btw)

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
There is no clear winner in the console wars.. 360 got into this generation earlier so has more titles..
Online playability of 360 is far superior.. On PSN, I couldn't get a decent game at a friend's house plus there has to be a server setup to start a match in the first place.. For 360, you don't need a server setup, one person can host games and others can join.. So if you get a 360, you can play the game online from the day one.. Those who argue about not paying the premium for Xbox Live don't know what it is.. I guess Sony is at least a generation behind in terms of online service.. (They have admitted it themselves)

With regards to Blu-Ray, well I got PS2 for DVD but soon only used it for gaming only.. Same goes for PS3.. Sony is just trying to sell off PS3 with a tag of Blu-Ray in it.. Personally, they would be better off if they get more quality content to PS3 (game wise) and make the owners happier.. There is not doubt they have a great support.. I had been a PS1 and PS2 owner (bought them on launch) and am not loyal to anyone.. If I thought PS3 would be a better option, I'll buy it.. At the moment its not worth the money IMO.. I am quite happy running the Media Center and running all the HD movies over the network if not via USB stick (Divx)..

Anyways, going back to the topic.. Its the Publisher who decides which region they want to cover.. A 360 game can be region free but you have to pay extra.. In terms of Ashes Cricket 2009, may be Codies thought it wasn't a wise decision as they can cover the region via PS3 or PC..

P

pcfan123

you cannot compare Divx to Blu Ray. It is a world of difference. For those of us who truly enjoy cinema the Blu Ray Player is the only option. The gaming is a nice bonus. a decent blu ray player (which I also bought) was only 40 dollars cheaper than the console. There is no difference in the Blu Rays when I play them

ballers101

Club Cricketer
you cannot compare Divx to Blu Ray. It is a world of difference. For those of us who truly enjoy cinema the Blu Ray Player is the only option. The gaming is a nice bonus. a decent blu ray player (which I also bought) was only 40 dollars cheaper than the console. There is no difference in the Blu Rays when I play them

I have a blue ray DVD player my mom won a contest and I have a blue ray DVD player for free. Okay and exclusives wise look at the next year for Xbox 360 we don't have exclusives but we have many games that aren't coming out for PS3. We do have a couple of exclusives so even in PS3 best year Xbox isn't far behind. Here are a couple of games not coming out for PS3 next year. ODST, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, MGS 5, ATK (i think thats what its called) and theres a couple of more I can't think of right now. We still have Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 coming out so most people will be too crazy about that to worry about any other game anyways. So the theory of exclusives for PS3 is basically non existing. So still games wise Xbox 360 is better by far. And the online gaming is still superior.

P

pcfan123

yea but for cricket ps3 is the best. I do not play any video games at all. AC09 is the first one i will be playing in a long time.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Thats just because its region free on PS3 but the game it self is almost the same on both consoles. And how do you even know if its going to be better on PS3 there wasn't even a demo.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
.... Here are a couple of games not coming out for PS3 next year. ODST, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, MGS 5, ATK (i think thats what its called) and theres a couple of more I can't think of right now. We still have Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 coming out so most people will be too crazy about that to worry about any other game anyways..

Wow.. I didnt know about MGS 5, thats a great news.. I think I've been busy lately so didn't follow it..
Yeah nothing beats COD MW2 online on 360.. I hope they don't make it too arcadey like COD5 where 10 year olds were sniping.. I loved the fact that COD4 MW required some skills if you wanted to be a sniper..

alioz

Club Cricketer
Ok.....

Xbox 360 is for people who are hardcore gaming fans. yes it does not have blueray but it has got best onlie system. I understand some people dont want to play online but as i said xbox is for hardcore gamers. I cant imagine myself not playing cricket, call of duty, fifa etc onlin. Hell i only play oniline actually. yes it does not have a blueray player but its cheaper then ps3 aswell....i am not saying that ps3 is not good. PS3 is for people who really dont care about the quality of online play. plus i like xbox controlers better aswell but thats just me.

sorry dont mean to be against PS3 but above are facts. :)

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Yea PS3 is for people non hardcore gamers so and Xbox 360 is for Hardcore gamers both systems are good in their own way and if your a hardcore gamer I reckon the 360 but if your someone who wants to have fun go for the PS3

Users who are viewing this thread