Ashes Cricket 2013 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolz_hari

International Coach
I agree that old code is tested and stable. It is also incredibly restrictive in adding NEW things to it because it wasn't built with those things in mind. It becomes unadaptable and out of date as you (try to) build on top of it without breaking it.
Starting again lets you build something that suits your needs properly, learning from past lessons. It's part of the reason that (generally speaking) games get better and better the older the platform: people learn new tricks and better ways to do things as they go.
So long as you don't rush it, which usually means botching things to save time, creating what our Producer at Trickstar refers to as "Technical Debt" (TM PENDING :)), you can test it properly and everything will be fine.

And indeed their Live 11 version... And their Live 12 version... Obviously I'm just speculating, but I suspect that's not 100% due to new code...

So, how are you balancing things ? I mean how are you able to get rid of old bugs and keep the things that helped in your older versions?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ashes 09 has some v.good and different bowling actions. Are you going to change them ?

Everything in the game is brand new... The only thing carried over is that experience, so with that in mind the good stuff will be replicated and the less good stuff improved upon. :D

s.suwadith

Club Captain
Guys just make sure that the system requirements doesn't exceed than Ashes Cricket 2009! :D
If it does then it will be bye bye from me!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Guys just make sure that the system requirements doesn't exceed than Ashes Cricket 2009! :D
If it does then it will be bye bye from me!

We'll be making sure that there are scalable graphics options to suit a range of technical requirements, so fingers crossed you'll be alright!

Gurjot95

National Board President
I still didn't got answer to this-

Are you building this game as base for the future cricket games from Trickstar? If that's so any chance of planning this game as a base to include career mode in future versions like you can start it by including some unlicensed/licensed domestic teams in this game and then increase the number of teams with the inclusion of career mode. That way you don't have to do loads of work in one year.

OR- You can't answer this question because you're not sure about the future of Trickstar company?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I still didn't got answer to this-

Are you building this game as base for the future cricket games from Trickstar? If that's so any chance of planning this game as a base to include career mode in future versions like you can start it by including some unlicensed/licensed domestic teams in this game and then increase the number of teams with the inclusion of career mode. That way you don't have to do loads of work in one year.

OR- You can't answer this question because you're not sure about the future of Trickstar company?

Apologies: Missed this one.

We've only announced the one game so far (I can't think of anyone who does this with a major sports franchise: even EA always "keep us guessing" whether they will make another Madden/FIFA or not!)...
But we've designed it in a modular way that supports additional content (such as teams/players) and features (such as career mode/as simply as possible should we be intending to take a long term view (which, although I cannot confirm it, would be the sensible path...).

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The lack of a career mode is a concern and could give Big Ant an edge. To give the game some longevity it should at least have a tour mode, so I can build my own tour e.g. 3 Tests, 5 ODIs and 1 T20 in South Africa etc.

D

Dutch

it is only us here at PC who keep going on about this thing as a win or lose race between two companies making a game. I for one am just thinking: bloody marvellous, two new games coming out, both will be good, each will be different and I am a happy bunny. Lets get off the competion thing. It makes no sense whatsoever.....

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
it is only us here at PC who keep going on about this thing as a win or lose race between two companies making a game. I for one am just thinking: bloody marvellous, two new games coming out, both will be good, each will be different and I am a happy bunny. Lets get off the competion thing. It makes no sense whatsoever.....

It does matter though. The people on these forums represent a very small number of the people who will (or we hope will) buy these games. The vast majority of them will only buy one of them and so the developers have to make their games as good and complete as possible in order to make enough of a return to make it worth their while sticking with cricket.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I agree with Dutchad. The vast majority of people will just buy the game that releases first.

I think Joe Public will get interested in cricket during the Ashes, see a game called Ashes Cricket is out and buy that.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
"... the developers have to make their games as good and complete as possible in order to make enough of a return to make it worth their while sticking with cricket."

Pretty sure this holds true with every game: I don't believe anyone is setting out to make a loss...

If people only DO buy one game, I actually genuinely hope that it's not solely because of the license.
IMO PES was streets ahead of FIFA right through the early-mid 00's: Only when it went onto next generation did FIFA start improving to near that standard... And yet it always sold much better because of the licenses. It always infuriated me - I didn't have any stake in it, but it annoyed me that people could be blinded by a bit of presentational licensing fluff despite the obviously (at times massively) inferior gameplay.

Our licensing (kits, teams, stadiums, sponsors, Commentators etc etc) is all there to complement and lend authenticity to what I hope will be the best Cricket game made yet. The feature-set and online play is there to give it longevity... But there is no higher priority than gameplay: Gameplay is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread