MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Actually Codemasters were involved in the making of Ashes 2009.So there is no possibility that it wont be good.But Codies have no link to the Ashes 13.It belongs to 505 games.
Codemasters made BLIC 2007 in house and it was terrible - I'm not sure what link the publisher has with guaranteeing how good it will be.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The AI was completely broken, I hardly play online games, for me offline mode is very important. The pre-set fields were bad, AI played like crazy.

Offline every single cricket game has been pretty poor. That's why I wish Ashes 2013 and Big Ant have a legendary difficulty mode which is almost impossible to beat. I loved AC09 coz of online gameplay and can't wait for the new games to be released.

srk121

International Coach
Offline every single cricket game has been pretty poor. That's why I wish Ashes 2013 and Big Ant have a legendary difficulty mode which is almost impossible to beat. I loved AC09 coz of online gameplay and can't wait for the new games to be released.

I see where you coming from. I do have really high hopes with BigAnt cricket, only due to the fact that they are bringing new approach and different thinking aspect. I am not here to criticise Ashes cricket 2013 here, but I think, trickstar needs a different approach to the game. They have vast experience and I wish them good luck with this game too. If game is as decent as BLIC 99, I am sure to purchase this game. benchmark for any cricket game should be BLIC.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I see where you coming from. I do have really high hopes with BigAnt cricket, only due to the fact that they are bringing new approach and different thinking aspect. I am not here to criticise Ashes cricket 2013 here, but I think, trickstar needs a different approach to the game. They have vast experience and I wish them good luck with this game too. If game is as decent as BLIC 99, I am sure to purchase this game. benchmark for any cricket game should be BLIC.

I have high hopes of both Ashes 2013 and Big Ant. Big Ant coz they are new entrants in cricket gaming and their RLL2 game was widely appreciated. Ashes 2013 coz these guys have developed cricket games earlier and are developing the game from scratch. The very fact they started from scratch means they must have seen the limitations of platform on which the previous iterations were built. I wouldn't count either out and let's keep our fingers crossed - at least till the demo & trailer time.

Last edited:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Pre-patch it was yes. Patched it was good; as was IC10.

Not so fast, BA. IC10 contained an online component that was broken, and consumers were abandoned shortly after without any mention of a patch to fix it. Even a short notification stating that it would not be patched would have shown at least some basal level of respect to the customers [you mention something in the IC10 forums about news of the shutdown of the servers: "There's a news article about this somewhere. I can't find it now as I'm on my phone.
Short answer: yes.
". I can't find this news article.

I know the company went out of business, but you still can't treat the paying consumer like that.

Things like this aren't easily forgotten. I'm with srk121 on this one, and will wait for full, detailed written and video reviews of the game first. If both you and 79cricket and sammi ullah khan like the game, then that will be a great start and I will consider taking out the credit card for purchase.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

AC 09 post patch 2 on PC was certainly not 'poor'. Quite the opposite in fact; the only reason I stopped playing it was the appeal went out of the window after the Ashes had finished. If the next game isn't too tightly focused on the Ashes and is anything like as good as AC09 post patch 2, then I'll be delighted.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
AC 09 post patch 2 on PC was certainly not 'poor'. Quite the opposite in fact; the only reason I stopped playing it was the appeal went out of the window after the Ashes had finished. If the next game isn't too tightly focused on the Ashes and is anything like as good as AC09 post patch 2, then I'll be delighted.

This is where Big Ant's game has a huge advantage. It is geared towards cricket in general rather than one particular tournament.

I think, also, to consider AC09 as 'the best I ever played' shows how desperate we have become. The standard needs to be substantially raised - and I feel Big Ant again has the edge here as it is trying to break away from the mediocrity of the last 15 years of cricket gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread