More Key Features

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ashes Cricket 2013 brings a brand new authentic gaming experience to cricket fans all over the world in 2013.
Celebrating the most intense and long standing international test cricket rivalry, the game launches in time for the unique double header Ashes Series that takes place in England and then a few months later in Australia.

Built from the ground up, Ashes Cricket 2013 includes a brand new engine and will be the ultimate companion to the live action across the year. Other game modes will reflect all the nuances of the international game across its many formats whilst truly capturing the passion and excitement of live matches. National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in the most advanced simulation of the sport yet, as participants fight for the pride of their nation.

Key Features:

Totally Dynamic Game play - no game is ever the same.

Live Pitch - play to the pitch and the changing weather and light condition.

NEW Batting - 360 degree control over shot placement and analogue power ? hit the ball EXACTLY where you want it!

NEW Bowling - line and length bowling system that allows the player to experience the choices and interactions that are faced by a real bowler.

NEW Fielding - Complete freedom of fielder positioning and layouts, as well as options for intelligent automatic field placements!

Varied Game Modes - play the complete Ashes Series, as well as exhibition matches, limited overs tournaments and leagues, and test series'.

Top Class Commentary - leading channel 5 (UK) and channel 9 (AUS) host Mark Nicholas, legend David ?Bumble? Lloyd, and leading Aussie commentator Michael Slater.

Official licenses - England and Australian licensed teams with player likenesses - or play as one of 24 other unlicensed teams. Officially licensed to provide the ultimate in tracking technology.

Officially Licensed Kit Manufacturers included

Licensed Stadiums - includes key England and Australia Ashes stadiums, and unlicensed stadiums from around the world.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Like the idea of 3 commentators, should be fun to hear them all three together during match. I do wonder if it's the first sports game to have 3 commentators while playing match.

National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in the most advanced simulation of the sport yet
I wonder what does National rivalries mean. Is it the similar feature that I mentioned in one of the threads where we can customize our rivalry team and venue so we can play them instantly just like Fifa. That would be great if that's true.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Top Class Commentary - leading channel 5 (UK) and channel 9 (AUS) host Mark Nicholas, legend David ?Bumble? Lloyd, and leading Aussie commentator Michael Slater.

Vibrant voice of Michael Slater, now in a cricket video game. :thumbs
Good to see something new added.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Like the idea of 3 commentators, should be fun to hear them all three together during match. I do wonder if it's the first sports game to have 3 commentators while playing match.

I wonder what does National rivalries mean. Is it the similar feature that I mentioned in one of the threads where we can customize our rivalry team and venue so we can play them instantly just like Fifa. That would be great if that's true.

I was hoping for more than 3 commentators, maybe more is still to be announced, can't wait to pick ashes 2013 up on the 21st of june.

Amazon you're my hero.:p

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
great news, cant wait for this game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So there are 26 teams included in this game?

D

Dutch

Starting to sound like a game to really look forward to. Some nice features in there and although we still have to await what game play is like I am starting to allow myself to get a bit excited.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Here's a copy of the write-up I did for the front page:

It was revealed today that the commentators for Ashes Cricket 2013 are to be Mark Nicholas, David ?Bumble? Lloyd and Michael Slater.

Mark Nicholas, formerly captain of Hampshire, fronted Channel 4's test coverage between 1999 and 2005 before remaining with the same production team to present test highlights on Channel 5 in the UK. He also commentates alongside Richie Benaud for Channel 9 in Australia and was one of the voices of EA?s Cricket 07.

David ?Bumble? Lloyd is known by many for his distinctive commentary style. He is former England test player and coach who started his commentary career with the BBC?s Test Match Special before moving to Sky Sports. Bumble was a commentator on Trickstar's International Cricket 10.

Michael Slater, or Slats, is a former Australian test opener who was part of Channel 4's Ashes coverage in 2005. He now present various cricket programmes on Australian television and is part of Channel 9's coverage of the forthcoming series. He is making his cricket game commentary debut.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Starting to sound like a game to really look forward to. Some nice features in there and although we still have to await what game play is like I am starting to allow myself to get a bit excited.

Same here! :D

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really looking forward to some new stadiums in the sub continents.We are bored with Kolkatta,we want Chennai,Bangalore etc.Right after EA Sports 2004,there has been only Kolkatta which is really boring!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The "NEW Fielding - Complete freedom of fielder positioning and layouts, as well as options for intelligent automatic field placements!" piece is what worries me.

Looks like this "complete freedom of fielder positioning" will kill the online gameplay. I can see folks cramming in offside field and bowling yorkers outside off. I would prefer if the game doesn't allow "complete freedom" in setting fields for online gameplay. Offline this would be a pretty good improvement.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The "NEW Fielding - Complete freedom of fielder positioning and layouts, as well as options for intelligent automatic field placements!" piece is what worries me.

Looks like this "complete freedom of fielder positioning" will kill the online gameplay. I can see folks cramming in offside field and bowling yorkers outside off. I would the game doesn't allow "complete freedom" in setting fields for online gameplay. Offline this would be a pretty good improvement.

I can't say 100% (because I can't remember exactly how we solved it), but this is a concern we're well aware of. I spent years playing PES against people using dirty-tactic exploit formations, and we'll definitely do something to stop people abusing that freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread