Ashes Cricket 2013 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

ved_

International Coach
10$ 505/Trickstar will screw up on this one. I don't really expect much after they screwed up AC09. 'Building from scratch' is not something that's going to change the complexion of this game. If they can get licenses in, then I'd be pretty sure that they'll have another 1 million copies sold. Hopefully, the patch makers can create some near decent patches this time to cover up all those bugs and flaws.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...there's always "that guy" at a party, isn't there?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You mean the realist? /sarcasm

These guys need support my friend. No good slagging them off and telling them they are doomed before they've even shown us what they've done. We've spent 2 years without a cricket game at all, at least a developer is making the effort to get one on the market.

coolz_hari

International Coach
These guys need support my friend. No good slagging them off and telling them they are doomed before they've even shown us what they've done. We've spent 2 years without a cricket game at all, at least a developer is making the effort to get one on the market.

absolutely true. ashes 09 is far better than Blic07.There is always improvement.

D

Dutch

10$ 505/Trickstar will screw up on this one. I don't really expect much after they screwed up AC09. 'Building from scratch' is not something that's going to change the complexion of this game. If they can get licenses in, then I'd be pretty sure that they'll have another 1 million copies sold. Hopefully, the patch makers can create some near decent patches this time to cover up all those bugs and flaws.

I for one understand the cynisme, based on past experiences but on the other hand I genuinely believe these guys want to really listen this time and it seems to me that this time it is both the developers and the publishers who want it, which is crucial as I think that when you really ask them the developers of previous games will also have felt constrained by the demands of a publisher not interested in cricket but in selling games. This is the first time a developer has gone down this road with us. Let us at least give them the benefit of the doubt, support this process and make up our minds when we have some concrete facts and figures to go on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan

We should be happy that next year we are getting our hands on a new cricket game.
do not start insulting someone who is trying hard to keep us happy by spending their time and money to make a new cricket game.
At least they are better then EA who has done nothing for us.

I am looking forward to this game and will buy it on the first day.:)
hope this game is a big success.:thumbs

gamer154

School Cricketer
Thanks for the info and I can't wait to play this game!~

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Really excited about the news.

Regarding 'from scratch' thing. I think Trickstar will definitely benefit from having already done it once. And unless they are going to use a different language/technology stack, the code can certainly be re-used or rather re-written if legal terms are that big a problem.

I for one was very impressed with what AC09 has to offer along with the patches, I still play it religiously. Trickstar just need to 'remember' what all they did to get to the second patch and once they are there, just correct a few more things(body model, shot animations, online), add more tournament options and stuff and I'll happily buy the game again. :)

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I loved Ashes Cricket 2009,graphics were superb.It was damn realistic.I've modded it as well.Expectations are really high for this one AC13.
Hope the developers provide us with a that good cricket game which we would play/remember for years.I'm loving how nicely Chief is communicating here with members.Good luck guys,this will be a big hit for sure :cheers

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can't believe it is actually happening, really looking forward to it

coolz_hari

International Coach
Indian gaming market definitely increased. and,people started to buy geniune game dvds. I hope producers and distributors concentrate on indian market with liberal price tag for asian countries.

Params7

International Cricketer
Surprised by Codemasters letting this go.

I've noticed though cricket games only release around ashes. Probably because UK and Australia are the only cricket markets with big enough buyers.

Hopefully, 505 Games manages to work in the ICC license somehow and we can get all major teams with correct names.

I really hope the online multiplayer gets good support. Its also one way to ensure your game sells a lot of legit copies since there is not a better piracy protection scheme than online mp which works like a DRM by default. Ashes 09 had great multi, but people figured out timing and exploits very, very fast. If this game can get some support and regular patching to ensure such exploits don't happen in this game online, it will be fantastic.

Good luck to 505 Games and hope they find real success with this franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread