Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Instant replay incidentally only has one camera angle when it does make it into DLC.

Anyone want to open a book on the DLC being late and releasing in March?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Instant replay in DLC? How does that even make sense?
Well there's half a replay system in the files for AC09 - so perhaps this time they'll finish it. Besides, the only time you'll want a replay is to look at amusing bugs again.

It's hard to get a sense of how finished the game is - are all the things delayed to DLC things that were dropped late in development (Chief mentioned that DRS was prototyped in the game but dropped) or a last minute thing to fill in glaring gaps that slipped through.

For everything added to the list of DLC, the doubt that they can pull it off grows. They are three months late on the final game - how will they develop all these extras in whatever remains between release and the return series, three months at best - assuming they don't have to spend all that time fixing the basic bugs.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
This looks like it is going to be terrible, the graphics look completely unacceptable for 2013. I bet the gameplay is identical to the last version as well and that wasn't exactly amazing. I feel the long wait for a decent cricket game will go on.

Not confident about Big Ant?

Edit: All this time, and all we get now is more jabbering? I think you've missed the boat on this one boys.

Last edited:

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Instant replay incidentally only has one camera angle when it does make it into DLC.

Anyone want to open a book on the DLC being late and releasing in March?

How can they release DLC before the game hits the shelves? :cheers

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well confirms what I said about the DLC coming in November, being free and including Australian stadiums.
Instant replays DLC...

He said they're out of first submission for Microsoft. PS3 still not submitted.

Didn't get much out of that we didn't know already.

I think it's fair to call it a patch and not a DLC. When certain shots are in the DLC it almost feels like a patch.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Exactly. This is gonna be a gameplay patch to fix a broken and incomplete game.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umm..Din't Ross say they haven't submitted any XBOX builds yet?

Karachi

Associate Captain
Crowd is pretty much the same as IC10.
Graphics have been improved from initial screenshots.

I thought they said the crowd is more exciting then the IC'10. IC'10 crowd was almost non responsive.

Improvement in graphics? Let us see some screen shots & video(s) then we'll decide.
=================

Something totally unrelated:
A referee stabbed to death a player during a football match in Northern Brazil. The player's family was in the crowd.
Crowd got angry, stormed the pitch, killed the referee, dismembered his body, & put his head on a steak in the middle of the ground.
What is happening to the world of sports!?

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Ross will have a field day with this. I have had a bottle of Champagne between watching the video and posting but this is what I can remember:

1) Instant replays are apparently boring...what?
2) The crowd hasn't improved at all
3) He keeps going on about how fielding is so tactical because you can choose where you put the players. Sorry, but that's been in cricket games since day dot.
4) Fielding minigames were boring. That's arguably true but what a horrible attitude to simply give up instead of trying to come up with something better
5) Confirmed that all other teams will be generic. Has any editor been mentioned? I'm sure this is really worth 1,500 rp in India?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Al least the DLC is free - I wouldn't pay money just for instant replays or shots or other stuff that should be in the game!

graham

Club Captain
I feel sorry for mike and trickstar,
He looks a very worried man ,
There is hardly a game here, everything
Been added in DLC !
It's just sounds like a game that's a total
Mess , and they can't seem to get anything
Together in time for any deadline.
People will lose jobs over this fiasco.
Rant over !

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Most of us feel sorry for them as in there heads all they wanted to do is release a good cricket game and earn some money, all this talk about DLC is getting boring also. Sure I am happy it's going to be free but he keeps saying end of the year, well it's almost the middle of july and in 4 short months the aus ashes will be on. The big question is can they make august now not july, I bet they are working 7 days a week and like 20 hours a day because that's the only chance they have to finish this game by the start of august. Good luck as they will need it. PS All I want is a cricket game, trickstar is broken and bigant is waiting for the kill, let's hope someone makes a move soon or bye bye sales.:spy

----------

People will lose jobs over this - and that is sad...

Maybe, if the game is good then people will forgive if not then bye bye trickstar.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umm..Din't Ross say they haven't submitted any XBOX builds yet?

They almost certainly put in what is called a pre-cert, that's not a submission in anyone's language.

Playstation do not have pre-certs so I guess that's why it hasn't been "submitted" to them.

----------

Al least the DLC is free - I wouldn't pay money just for instant replays or shots or other stuff that should be in the game!

From the Q&A regarding DLC "for you guys it's really a bonus" - I must say you really are an ungrateful bunch....

angad

Chairman of Consent

Guys...come on...stop embarrassing yourselves and calling it a dlc. From what we have heard its a patch for stuff they couldn't get done in time, so let's call it that only. 505 games calling it dlc doesn't mean we call it that.....we know what this is.

Users who are viewing this thread