Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Crossy333

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
MikeF might not lose job. But Trickstar would/has lost some of their reputation. If 505 are looking for a developer in future, then they might not consider using Trickstar again.

To use an analogy:
If you go to a coffee shop and get a bad cuppa, you probably won't go back. And, you'll tell your mates that they have awful coffee. So that coffee shop won't immediately go under, but it will lose business based upon a poor reputation.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its kind of cute how some of you still 'expect' things from the Ashes team. I for one gave up hope after they missed their July date. All we have heard of since then are 'dates' being set for this and that, and deadlines being missed repeatedly. IF we actually get something out of this Ashes team, it will only be a bonus and nothing else (this coming from a guy who actually pre-ordered a copy Ashes 2013 :facepalm).

Tareekh par tareekh, Tareekh par Tareekh milti rahi hai. Lekin Insaaf nahi mila. I am sure some of our Indian movie watching members will be able to appreciate this really popular dialogue :p

Roughly translates to - We have been getting dates after dates, But no justice

sahilnatu

Club Captain
^^^
Sunny Deol. :lol

If they haven't produced simple screens yet, I do wonder how they'd get the game past submissions and release it in 8 weeks. This is turning out to be a rather tragic story.
Agree with Crosy above, this could cost Trickstar their reputation. Don't really see 505 approaching Trickstar again for a cricket title. That is if they ever make one after this blunder. And that itself is the sadest part of all. We lose one out of two possible future cricket video game franchises.

Last edited:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The writing is on the wall after a 5 month delay is announced. Not many games are able to come back from that type of delay and still look good...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
We lose one out of two possible future cricket video game franchises.
Trickstar aren't the only company that can make cricket games besides Big Ant.

If you need a hint that there are more out there,
I had set aside money for licenses but spent it on development instead when 505 paid at least triple our bid

Now if it weren't for other companies considering making cricket games, then 505 wouldn't have needed to pay triple the licensing fee...

Obviously however, Big Ant are the only ones willing at this point to put a broadly unlicensed title out on the market, while other companies would want to leverage the licence to push into the market. This will be 505's first cricket game remember, they almost certainly couldn't have done it without a major license - same with their first Rugby game being for the World Cup.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From what Ac 13 group were publishing some time back in FB - on boarding QA group to do round the shifts testing of the game something like that? Probably this is making me to think that they still have the game slightly polished with updated rosters on top of old game and they fell into the trap of incorporating unplanned features to overcome the competition and ended up with too many bugs and in a lost way! Otherwise I don't see on boarding testing group only at end stage of a game ;)

This should be a good lesson to any well established franchise making cricket games or whoever thinks that "renewal of license + updated rosters = next version of the game". :) only thing which we don't want to happen is, competitors like BA & AC13 group fighting with each other and loosing the cricket gaming fans.

dadarocks

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
This should be a good lesson to any well established franchise making cricket games or whoever thinks that "renewal of license + updated rosters = next version of the game". :) only thing which we don't want to happen is, competitors like BA & AC13 group fighting with each other and loosing the cricket gaming fans.

On a different note, Codies released a very good BLC 05 with alround good gameplay and feel of the game. But in while trying to "improve" things beyond the very necessary graphics and roster update, they made slight(?) changes to the batting & fielding system (without even trying to check for it's playability) for the worst (IMO) making casual gamers hating bowling & fielding unike the 2005 title.

Also, unlike other companies which go on adding game modes, and stuff, the BLC-Ashes franchise was going on deleting game modes, from BLC 05. Needless to say, the fielding system in the 2005 title was well made, (probably) thoroughly tested (forgive the "throw to only the keeper's end" thing) and perfected.

Why I wrote this is to just put through my point - even if the game's only a graphic, roster and may be license update, I won't be disappointed, as would be, if they make changes in the gameplay just for the sake of making changes, eventually giving a worse outcome.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
to be honest, there is basically nothing now that could induce me to buy this game when it first releases, if it releases at all. if 6 months after release the feedback in terms of gameplay/longevity is good i might consider it -but we know that's unlikely to happen.

it's obvious they know they have an absolute stinker on their hands, and are just hoping to limp to the line and get something/anything out that won't have been subject to much scrutiny beforehand and hope the name gets enough sales to salvage something from the train wreck. if they had anything worth showing it would have been shown. if they had any decent new features they'd have revealed them. the emperor isn't just wearing no clothes he's smeared in s***.

all we have got from Mike is the "bug-fixing/polishing" cut and paste, or the insulting "i hope you'll buy both games and compare" - no attempt to give those who mightn't have time and money to buy both games a reason to choose Ashes. other than "licenses" and "over 200 kit items" is there anything that he thinks distinguishes his game and makes it worth the investment? no.

sorry Mike but Cricket Academy is better than restrictive licenses and if anyone is buying a game because it has real Gray Nicholls bat or whatever they deserve a bug-ridden horror.

it's well past even the most charitable definition of "early september" and not a single thing has been revealed let alone "all"; we're two weeks without any sort of WIP and longer since the WIP revealed anything worthwhile; it's weeks since you started saying you'd be "generating assests" and getting them out and we've got the square root of bugger all. AND YOU'VE STILL PUT OUT AN AD THIS MONTH ASKING FOR PRE-ORDERS.

505/Trickstar are beyond being deserving of sympathy / support.

Crossy333

County Cricketer
Fire up blocker :clap haha

----------

You know, every time I see your name Blocker I think Steve 'Blocker' Roach (non Rugby League supporters won't have any idea)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
to be honest, there is basically nothing now that could induce me to buy this game when it first releases, if it releases at all. if 6 months after release the feedback in terms of gameplay/longevity is good i might consider it -but we know that's unlikely to happen.

it's obvious they know they have an absolute stinker on their hands, and are just hoping to limp to the line and get something/anything out that won't have been subject to much scrutiny beforehand and hope the name gets enough sales to salvage something from the train wreck. if they had anything worth showing it would have been shown. if they had any decent new features they'd have revealed them. the emperor isn't just wearing no clothes he's smeared in s***.

all we have got from Mike is the "bug-fixing/polishing" cut and paste, or the insulting "i hope you'll buy both games and compare" - no attempt to give those who mightn't have time and money to buy both games a reason to choose Ashes. other than "licenses" and "over 200 kit items" is there anything that he thinks distinguishes his game and makes it worth the investment? no.

sorry Mike but Cricket Academy is better than restrictive licenses and if anyone is buying a game because it has real Gray Nicholls bat or whatever they deserve a bug-ridden horror.

it's well past even the most charitable definition of "early september" and not a single thing has been revealed let alone "all"; we're two weeks without any sort of WIP and longer since the WIP revealed anything worthwhile; it's weeks since you started saying you'd be "generating assests" and getting them out and we've got the square root of bugger all. AND YOU'VE STILL PUT OUT AN AD THIS MONTH ASKING FOR PRE-ORDERS.

505/Trickstar are beyond being deserving of sympathy / support.

Dave, tell us how you really feel :D

srk121

International Coach
Trickstar aren't the only company that can make cricket games besides Big Ant.

Who else is creating cricket titles. Ruling out EA. Gamebeince cricket title is in as much mess as ac13. I cant think of any other developers. Cab you shed some light?

I know cricket coach, icc2013 and pc famous cricket heroes are few management games available too.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know cricket coach, icc2013 and pc famous cricket heroes are few management games available too.

Slight correction - Cricket Heroes is a proper simulation not just a management style game.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
If there is a game (which I don't think there is) I think they will advertise one week before it's release and hope to con people that way :p

Users who are viewing this thread