Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If you all remember chief told us they didn't have drs because their umpires never made mistakes! If that decision was made before I see no reason to expect it added. As barmy said, all that is happening is this is being made to a standard that will pass that test thing. It will be released as soon as it does regardless if the ball looks more like a rugby ball, let alone having career/drs added.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think it will have the Australian stadiums that wouldn't have been in the original version but not sure about DRS.
I suspect it might but career mode definitely not.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I wouldn't be surprised if Hawk Eye was in there regardless and the 'DRS' just triggers what's essentially a replay.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I thought Mike confirmed DRS was being put into the game?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i think DRS and manual appeal are there, but for show, since the umpires will always be right. makes them utterly pointless.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are we even really sure if that has been added to the game, that and "more"? We have not seen anything that suggests it made into the game, unlike DBC, we have a BARS video

We cannot be sure of anything but I would expect them to add a few bells & whistles to the game to justify the delay.

If you all remember chief told us they didn't have drs because their umpires never made mistakes! If that decision was made before I see no reason to expect it added. As barmy said, all that is happening is this is being made to a standard that will pass that test thing. It will be released as soon as it does regardless if the ball looks more like a rugby ball, let alone having career/drs added.

i think DRS and manual appeal are there, but for show, since the umpires will always be right. makes them utterly pointless.

Adding a randomiser function to give deliberate wrong decisions is not something that should take game developers ages to add. At the end of the day DRS is all about correcting 5-10% wrong decisions which umpires make (as per the ICC study).

So let's say AC13 had "always right" umpires. All you need is a randomiser function which gives batsman out 5-10% of the time when they are not, and uses the same mechanism to give them not out when they are out - again between 5-10% of the time. Plug-in counters (one for each team) which go down in case of an incorrect challenge and there you have the DRS mechanism in a nutshell.

Adding DRS wouldn't be that big of a deal but getting the bugs fixed and "launch ready" would be. That's what would hold up AC13 and not adding "assets" or "DRS".

Last edited:

kasabian21

International Coach
One thing that always makes me p1ss is the vid when Fagin is announcing the delay and explaining why. He keeps (belatedly) adding Trickstar in every time he mentions 505 not being happy with the game to try and fool us into thinking it was a joint decision, rather than 505's alone. Lol.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Adding DRS wouldn't be that big of a deal but getting the bugs fixed and "launch ready" would be. That's what would hold up AC13 and not adding "assets" or "DRS".[/QUOTE]

They should just accept they have lost this battle without having to go to the battlefield, they must just sit this one out and concerntrate on International Cricket 2014,,,for this, DBC14 has won hands down

Karachi

Associate Captain
Kids at Mike Fegan's door: Trick or Treat!!!
Fegan from inside: Hang-in there, its coming.

& ... it never came.

----------

Read on FB page that 505 has taken off the game from their website (was it even there?).

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jedi Website Trick...

"This is not the cricket game you're looking for"

Users who are viewing this thread