Ashes Cricket 2013 Review (PC only)

Nodster

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Could this be traced back to the lack of any front foot/back foot control?

Actually, come to think of it I didn't even think of backfoot or frontfoot controls. I forget which Cricket game I was last playing, but reactionally I was pressing my RB/LB button depending on what I wanted without thinking. This might have something to do with it yes. I know there were times I wanted to do a pull shot and he'd do some sort of awkward sweep to square leg.

Thinking about it, maybe the batting system isn't great. It's just compared to the rest of the game, it seems okay.

graham

Club Captain
Trickstar have full filled there contract to release ashes cricket 13 in November ,
But what rubbish , Australian developers must cringe at this ,
Bring shame to the industry , also to cricket and the ashes it is
Meant to represent ..
:mad

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Batting difficulty seems to come from the baffling timing window - you seem to need to play your shot just after it leaves the bowler's hand.

I followed your youtube stream and I must say this takes the Ashes cricket franchise back a decade. No way is this game better than AC09 or IC2010.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You'd hate to be those people complaining about the lack of a Broadcast camera in DBC14 (despite it having one) - the angle of the 'Broadcast' camera in AC13 is more like the bowling cam in DBC14 and the batting view is terrible.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...you seem to need to play your shot just after it leaves the bowler's hand.

Haha, WHUT?! That's hilarious. So you're not even trying to hit the ball, but trying to hit the ball before it gets to you?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Haha, WHUT?! That's hilarious. So you're not even trying to hit the ball, but trying to hit the ball before it gets to you?

Given the fact you know where the ball is gonna pitch before it leaves the bowler's hand, it's not surprising at all. I guess all the action actually happens before the ball is bowled.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Mark Nicholas in commentary - "That is what happens when ambition exceeds capability" - couldn't have described AC2013 better than that.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
IC 2010 had almost all of the mechanics needed to make a reasonable cricket game. That + a year dedicated to purely AI + working online = a very good game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Batting difficulty seems to come from the baffling timing window - you seem to need to play your shot just after it leaves the bowler's hand.

That is how it was in ic 2010 and ashes 09...one of my big complaints.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
IC 2010 had almost all of the mechanics needed to make a reasonable cricket game. That + a year dedicated to purely AI + working online = a very good game.

I don't know about that... it had a lot of hangover from many many older titles, but it was certainly a base code that could have been expanded upon and many of the animations are/were downright horrible. So it had some pretty big hurdles to overcome. But the basis was there, for sure...

tezz99

Club Cricketer
no wonder they didnt release a game play trailer. This isnt a game, its a joke.

I want my money back :(

-100/100

And thats me being nice......

issue

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ashes Game 2013 Review.......

What to review in this game its really ridiculous.
You dont have different variations , you have similar type of bowling actions , similar type of shots.....Very Poor graphics.....

Game Play ---- Ridiculous----1/10
Game Play Controls----Terrible----2/10
Menu Screen------------Poor-----3/10
Animations-----------Stupid------1/10
Commentary----------Bad--------3/10

Overall---1.5/10

Before playing i thought its will be upgraded from Previous cricket i.e, 2010 Version....But they had completely changed ......if it was upgraded to earlier cricket version it may had got a mediocre response , the new gameplay,animations,styles and representation are really Childish.

I Didnt played this kind of stupid cricket game in my life.........505 Games developers are really horrific creators of the game....they really destroyed it...This game is created for name sake.......Not appealing for cricket fan...

You cant even spend 10 mins to play it.....Loads of bugs

There are lot of fun moments in game(some of them)
There is a manual appealing system....when you appeal all the fielders get involved into it ......Fielder even dont try to stop the ball reaching to four boundary in the course.....(Copied from DBC14..Failed to implement)
The bowling system its a vertical and horizontal lines on the pitch......Crazy???
Repeated commentry no change of commentry
Shots played by batsmen are really laughable....
Even defensive shot goes for four boundary....
Keeper wears helmet for fast bowlers....May be this is new thing tried by 505 games...but failed...it turned to epic comedy

Verdict: Try to donate poor than buying this kind of game ... its really worse as some one said BLIC 2000/1999 are for more bette than this game...even BLIC 1996 Sega Verion will beat this game by yards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread